Official FiiO X1 beta firmware download and discussion thread--FW1.61: added ReplayGain, and library search function
Jan 23, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #17 of 173
Hi I was wondering how the play through folders worked if the player is on shuffle? Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there any chance there will ever be a shuffle everything play mode where you can go through your folders or category to pick out that one song you want to hear at the moment, but want to continue on with a shuffle of your entire collection? That and a option to go to the current songs album, artist, or genre?

Also, I've been having issues deleting internal playlists as choosing to delete the playlist doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks!

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #18 of 173
>As X1 does not know the encoding, it displays it in Chinese

Found the X3 FW unpacking tool in diy-your-own-theme-for-your-lovely-x3 - packtools.exe - it works just fine for X1 firmware
Increased fonts a bit and updated colors - it is much better!

But the only special Windows encoding available is 1258 (Windows_1258_unicode_tbl.bin).
Found the Windows_1251_unicode_tbl.bin file, placed it into /unicode/ folder, but still getting tags in Chinese
Does the main program (sys.bin) to be updated for adding new encodings ?

Could I just send this file to be included into next Beta?

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #19 of 173
Hi, Joe Bloggs!!  Will there ever be a firmware update that increases the amount of tracks that the X1 will recognize in 'Category' mode?  Is there a reason why that number can't be unlimited?  I know that people using FLAC and such aren't getting close to that number, but as micro SD's increase in size, 5,800 could easily be surpassed.

Thank you for the beta update BTW... I just installed it and will be enjoying that play through folder option!  
beyersmile.png

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #20 of 173
Hi I was wondering how the play through folders worked if the player is on shuffle? Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there any chance there will ever be a shuffle everything play mode where you can go through your folders or category to pick out that one song you want to hear at the moment, but want to continue on with a shuffle of your entire collection? That and a option to go to the current songs album, artist, or genre?

Also, I've been having issues deleting internal playlists as choosing to delete the playlist doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks!

Hello,

To delete an internal playlist,
1. Go to Category->Playlists.
2. Press the upper left Shortcuts key and press OK on the recycle bin icon.
3. Use the scroll wheel to navigate to the playlist(s) you want to delete and press the Prev / Next button (lower left or right button). The minus sign on the right of the selected playlists will turn red.
4. Press OK. You will be prompted to confirm deletion of the playlist(s).

Hope that helps :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 23, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #21 of 173
Oh! Haha, that makes sense. For some reason I thought that it would remove the play list when I hit ok after seeing the trash can symbol. Thanks for the help, now I'm just waiting for that shuffle collection play mode and a way to jump to the current songs album/artist.

Thanks!

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #23 of 173

Does the main program (sys.bin) to be updated for adding new encodings ?
Joe Bloggs, may be you could share the tool you are using to unpack the sys.bin, pls?

Are you a coder? What is your programming language - perl?  You realise this is a binary file right (sorry had to ask)? And I'm pretty sure it's all related to the SOC, and that (for the time being) is closed.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #24 of 173
  Are you a coder? What is your programming language - perl?  You realise this is a binary file right (sorry had to ask)? And I'm pretty sure it's all related to the SOC, and that (for the time being) is closed.

I like more the old-fashioned - programmer. Don't like/use Perl that much, do not do MAsm any more. plain 'C' is still my preferred because of *nix. Would it be enough?

> binary file ... all related to the SOC

Are you sure or guessing? If it a SoC file, then, indeed, a bit less useful. Yet I've looked into it, it misses a normal amount of literals, so, seems, is a compressed one.
So, if you know the compressor used, why not share? I promise to do not hack it, just look for the full list of settings :wink:

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #25 of 173
  I like more the old-fashioned - programmer. Don't like/use Perl that much, do not do MAsm any more. plain 'C' is still my preferred because of *nix. Would it be enough?

> binary file ... all related to the SOC

Are you sure or guessing? If it a SoC file, then, indeed, a bit less useful. Yet I've looked into it, it misses a normal amount of literals, so, seems, is a compressed one.
So, if you know the compressor used, why not share? I promise to do not hack it, just look for the full list of settings :wink:

You need to talk to Joe or James about this - but when we asked if it was possible to open up the coding to someone like Rockbox (for further modding), we were told that it was closed, and related to the SOC. So you're welcome to make inquiries direct with Fiio. At this stage though, from the info we have it doesn't look likely.

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #26 of 173
Brooko, thx.
Lets respect their License.
I'm already getting more X1 customisations than expected.

PS: Only one thing is still bothering: the font of currently played position (and song length) is way too tiny.
Should be a line in config ini...

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #27 of 173
I made some changes in the FW1.22b from clee290:
1. Themes colors black and white adapted to the selection menu also
2. Topbar for them in same color and with borderline
3. Lettering in the play progress view enlarged (times, counter)
4. Corrected german in the play menu and system menu

My problem is to offer it to everyone here for download because I have no own internet site!?

Solong somebody wants to get this FW edition he can contact me by kepala@web.de.
(Because my attachment volume can not exceed 20 MB I will send it without the folder
x1firmware\fonts. You have to restore it from the original FW.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back