Official Effect Audio Axiom discussion & impressions thread
Mar 10, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #61 of 140
There is a little tab with a slot...has to fit into that.
There are 2 plastic fix points as I can see. The problem is they cannot be “fixed” at the same time. If I put the pole in first (the one near the cable connector side), then the long ridge refuses to slide into place, and vice versa.

Mar 10, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #63 of 140
So what's the difference in modules? Is is additional drivers in the modules? I'm curious on how it works.
Me too but the drivers are in the housing not the module

Mar 10, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #65 of 140
So what's the difference in modules? Is is additional drivers in the modules? I'm curious on how it works.
As I understand it the modules do not contain additional drivers but they certainly add their particular flavour to the sound.

In my view the black modules have more analogue-like tuning and thus more harmonic (some use the term musical). The bass is not prominent but well extended into delightful sub-bass. Mids and highs are ample and sublime.

The silver modules are more analytical, the black more analogue-like.

Mar 10, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #66 of 140
Having the Axiom in for review, I'm wondering how did you guys put the silver module in? They always sit in a very awkward position that I cannot make proper connections with the pin :frowning2:
It's tricky at first, but once you got it, it's quite easy haha.

Mar 11, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #67 of 140
It's tricky at first, but once you got it, it's quite easy haha.
Ah yiss, I was afraid of breaking the tabs. This thing loves some brute force :deadhorse:

Mar 13, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #69 of 140
Mar 13, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #70 of 140
Just posted my humble review of Axiom from a newbie's POV :)

Mar 13, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #72 of 140
Mar 14, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #74 of 140
As I understand it the modules do not contain additional drivers but they certainly add their particular flavour to the sound.

In my view the black modules have more analogue-like tuning and thus more harmonic (some use the term musical). The bass is not prominent but well extended into delightful sub-bass. Mids and highs are ample and sublime.

The silver modules are more analytical, the black more analogue-like.
Your description of the black modules seems to have a lot of similarities with a pre-production (prototype loaner) model, that I've been listening to over the past few weeks.
I'm already impressed with the soundquality & signature of that one, so now I'm looking forward to try the 'real deal' (which has been shipped today) over the upcomming weeks :)

Just posted my humble review of Axiom from a newbie's POV :)
Review is up a little earlier than I had planned but link below for those interested.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/effect-audio-axiom.25610/reviews#review-28138

Some great and informative reviews guys! I really enjoyed reading them this morning and I will probably join you in the 'review section' in the near (although it always takes me ± 3-4 weeks to write / create one myself) future. Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #75 of 140
Your description of the black modules seems to have a lot of similarities with a pre-production (prototype loaner) model, that I've been listening to over the past few weeks.
I'm already impressed with the soundquality & signature of that one, so now I'm looking forward to try the 'real deal' (which has been shipped today) over the upcomming weeks :)

Some great and informative reviews guys! I really enjoyed reading them this morning and I will probably join you in the 'review section' in the near (although it always takes me ± 3-4 weeks to write / create one myself) future. Thanks!
Looking forward to yours as well buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back