Official Effect Audio Axiom discussion & impressions thread
Feb 23, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #31 of 140
4D6BFC0E-6181-4795-9A40-46BFCC1D3B0F.jpeg
Listening session tonight with Aune X1s GT.
Very musical 🔥

Feb 23, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #33 of 140
I agree with @ywheng89, they sound absolutely brilliant with my Xduoo MT604.

Screenshot_20220223-164738_Gallery.jpg
Mate, which ear tip you settled with? I’m still trying to figure which one fits well with proper seal and doesn’t mess up the sound.

Feb 23, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #34 of 140
Mate, which ear tip you settled with? I’m still trying to figure which one fits well with proper seal and doesn’t mess up the sound.
I tried various tips and settled on the semi-transparent silicone tips with black stem which came with the TRI Starshines, good fit, comfortable with good sound, although tips are always work in progress for me.

They are available to buy separately on KBear/TRI Official Store on AliExpress for about $5 for a set (of 10 I believe).

Feb 24, 2022 at 12:35 AM Post #35 of 140
I tried various tips and settled on the semi-transparent silicone tips with black stem which came with the TRI Starshines, good fit, comfortable with good sound, although tips are always work in progress for me.

They are available to buy separately on KBear/TRI Official Store on AliExpress for about $5 for a set (of 10 I believe).
Ahhh, i have this, i will try this!

Feb 26, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #38 of 140
I asked for a silver module for my review, haven't gotten it yet tho...:sleepy:

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #39 of 140
I asked for a silver module for my review, haven't gotten it yet tho...:sleepy:
It's been a hectic week with the launch of Chiron, we'll send it next week :wink:

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Feb 28, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #40 of 140
I am currently in the process of trying out the Axiom (I only started listening to them yesterday) and as I promised that I would leave some first impressions, here they are.

I have not read this thread, as I always try to avoid reading anything related with what I am going to review, so if there are any questions etc., please tag me as I will keep avoiding the thread until I have finished my review.

As for the Axiom...

The unboxing experience was, well, an experience. Full marks for originality as I have never experienced a similar unboxing of anything headphones related until now. I will go into more detail about this (and all of my comments) in my full review, which I hope to publish this next weekend.

As far as sound, I can't really say I have been blown away.

I have not really experienced a "wow" factor upon listening to these, which is not always a bad thing. There are certain headphones/IEMs that I found exciting upon first listen but then became tiring with longer sessions. I don't feel that the sound signature of the Axiom is one that would become tiring.

So far, I have only really spent a few hours of intermittent listening to the Axiom, with today being Monday, I will be spending much longer sessions with them as I sit at my desk.

Things that I have noticed so far (which may change after extended periods of listening) is that there is a bit too much focus on the mid bass and lower bass, while the sub bass rolls off. This can give a nice warmth to certain instruments but also take away from some of the presence.

In the highs, I find that the treble is rather smooth with an extension that could be improved, while not totally lacking, I do feel that there is a bit of air missing.

The details I find are pretty good, although I do find that the overly present midbass/lower mids do have a bit of a negative impact in those ranges with a few of the songs I have listened to so far.

Again, my impression may change with more listening time and different music choices.

The soundstage is pretty good, with placement of images inside the stage being decent also.

As I said, these are just brief first impressions with only a couple of hours listening time, so my detailed review may be completely different :wink:

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #41 of 140
Feb 28, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #42 of 140
Saw the cable,looks sick!

Mar 1, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #43 of 140
D9ECBBBE-61EC-40D6-8F0B-092CA11EB7CD.jpeg

Tonight’s session while waiting for the module to arrive :)

Mar 3, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #44 of 140
Just got the Silver modules for my review kit... really love it, killer bass. Mids are better body and resolution, and the treble is smoother but crisp, and the transition from the mids to the treble is more coherent and smoother, really nice, I love this...

Mar 3, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #45 of 140
Just got the Silver modules for my review kit... really love it, killer bass. Mids are better body and resolution, and the treble is smoother but crisp, and the transition from the mids to the treble is more coherent and smoother, really nice, I love this...
exact same thought! Liking the silver module more than the stock black module. I like how the mids has got more body to it and also the smoother treble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back