Official Effect Audio Axiom discussion & impressions thread
Mar 15, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #77 of 140
Just out of curiosity (as I don't have it yet): any thoughts (among those of you that already have used the Axiom for some time) on the needed/advised burn-in time to make the DD settle down and sound at its best? Was there some point that a change in sound was noticed? :thinking:

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I saw that both '49 and 72 hours' were mentioned/advised, so that should be about it I guess.
Still curious if others might have different experiences on that though...

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #78 of 140
Just out of curiosity (as I don't have it yet): any thoughts (among those of you that already have used the Axiom for some time) on the needed/advised burn-in time to make the DD settle down and sound at its best? Was there some point that a change in sound was noticed? :thinking:

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I saw that both '49 and 72 hours' were mentioned/advised, so that should be about it I guess.
mine kinda settled around 50-60 hours mark...approximately

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #79 of 140
Mar 15, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #80 of 140

Thanks in advance!

I don’t usually pay attention to burn in nor do I dedicate time to run things through a burn in period these days before final testing. I also have multiple IEMs I’m swapping through at the same time so I can never remember what something sounded like on first listen vs final listen which is usually a few days after using whatever IEM I’m reviewing. So I guess I can say I had at least 20-30 hours on the Axiom before I did the final listening and testing.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #81 of 140
If it helps, I thought the DD performed well even on first listen. If it gets better with time then that’s awesome. I would be curious to see how someone feels from their first listen to when they reach the 50 hour mark for the axiom.

I also didn’t get to really cable roll due to time constraints with all the reviews that I have to get done in general. So I would also like to see some impressions from owners with what cables they liked paired to the Axiom.

Mar 16, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #82 of 140
If it helps, I thought the DD performed well even on first listen. If it gets better with time then that’s awesome. I would be curious to see how someone feels from their first listen to when they reach the 50 hour mark for the axiom.

I also didn’t get to really cable roll due to time constraints with all the reviews that I have to get done in general. So I would also like to see some impressions from owners with what cables they liked paired to the Axiom.
Great question, have you guys tried different cables?

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Mar 16, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #83 of 140
Mar 16, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #85 of 140
Nice! Any preferences so far?
SPC seemed pretty close to my taste, haha.
Pure silver highlights the instruments and brought out a lot of details, but at the expense of some mids. Copper is quite nice also, but yeah, SPC for me. a little bit of both

Mar 16, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #86 of 140
For cable I am just using my PWAudio Monile50s, silver/copper hybrid 8 wire, massive sound!

Mar 19, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #88 of 140
Completely forgot that the Axiom had a dedicated thread, so copying my post from the EA thread here. 😁

I recently received a parcel from my friend Nic, @EffectAudio, with some goodies to try out for a bit. Among those were the Axiom, IEMs that I have been very curious about. Especially the modular design is a unique approach that I did not really know what to expect of. Having spent some time with them, I think the Axiom are quite interesting.

Axiom.JPG

For the cable I went with Cleopatra, which seemed to pair well with the Axiom, and for the source I used the Shanling M8 on high gain.

Both modules (black original and silver YU, if I got that correct) seem to have a similar bass and mids, but differ mostly in the treble. That’s also where I find the Axiom to be a little disappointing in both cases. With the original module the Axiom have a brighter treble and it feels a bit brittle at times. It is not harsh or offensive in any way, but I find that relative to the bass and mids, the treble doesn’t quite reach the same level. With the YU module the treble becomes attenuated and gets lost a little to the point where with some classical music I have to turn the volume up to find the details in that region.

The bass on the other hand is very nice with good extension, texture and physicality. It is not the tightest or quickest bass, but rather a lush and analogue bass you can lose yourself in. At least, I can. I love this type of bass when I want to relax and drift away in the music. Despite the lusher bass, I find the mids to be fairly clean without the sort of veil that can result from such a bass. Vocals are nice and clear and sound natural. With the YU module, which is the one I prefer, the whole presentation is quite warmish natural with an easy feel to it. The sort of tuning I can listen to all day without any fatigue. It is not the most transparent or highest resolution, but rather musical and thoroughly enjoyable.

Build quality is excellent and I think the modules are very well done. The ergonomics of the shells is also very good. I ended up using Spiral Dots tips, which gave me a comfortable fit for however long I wanted to listen to them. I didn’t count the hours, but have used them for long sessions while I was working and simply forgot I had them in until my dog put his face on my keyboard in order to get my attention. 😅 Both comfort and tuning with the YU module worked great for that, and, coincidentally, the wonderful ergonomics of Cleopatra.

Alongside the Axiom Nic’s parcel included the new Chiron, which I have not yet had an opportunity to spend time with. A situation that will of course be remedied forthwith! 😁

Mar 19, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #89 of 140
Completely forgot that the Axiom had a dedicated thread, so copying my post from the EA thread here. 😁

I recently received a parcel from my friend Nic, @EffectAudio, with some goodies to try out for a bit. Among those were the Axiom, IEMs that I have been very curious about. Especially the modular design is a unique approach that I did not really know what to expect of. Having spent some time with them, I think the Axiom are quite interesting.

Axiom.JPG

For the cable I went with Cleopatra, which seemed to pair well with the Axiom, and for the source I used the Shanling M8 on high gain.

Both modules (black original and silver YU, if I got that correct) seem to have a similar bass and mids, but differ mostly in the treble. That’s also where I find the Axiom to be a little disappointing in both cases. With the original module the Axiom have a brighter treble and it feels a bit brittle at times. It is not harsh or offensive in any way, but I find that relative to the bass and mids, the treble doesn’t quite reach the same level. With the YU module the treble becomes attenuated and gets lost a little to the point where with some classical music I have to turn the volume up to find the details in that region.

The bass on the other hand is very nice with good extension, texture and physicality. It is not the tightest or quickest bass, but rather a lush and analogue bass you can lose yourself in. At least, I can. I love this type of bass when I want to relax and drift away in the music. Despite the lusher bass, I find the mids to be fairly clean without the sort of veil that can result from such a bass. Vocals are nice and clear and sound natural. With the YU module, which is the one I prefer, the whole presentation is quite warmish natural with an easy feel to it. The sort of tuning I can listen to all day without any fatigue. It is not the most transparent or highest resolution, but rather musical and thoroughly enjoyable.

Build quality is excellent and I think the modules are very well done. The ergonomics of the shells is also very good. I ended up using Spiral Dots tips, which gave me a comfortable fit for however long I wanted to listen to them. I didn’t count the hours, but have used them for long sessions while I was working and simply forgot I had them in until my dog put his face on my keyboard in order to get my attention. 😅 Both comfort and tuning with the YU module worked great for that, and, coincidentally, the wonderful ergonomics of Cleopatra.

Alongside the Axiom Nic’s parcel included the new Chiron, which I have not yet had an opportunity to spend time with. A situation that will of course be remedied forthwith! 😁
Nice shot buddy!

Mar 19, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #90 of 140

I already reacted in the EA cable thread with a 'Barnie / Chiron' joke.

But, like I also wrote over there: Some wonderful Axiom impressions Wyville! Almost a mini review + one amazing pic :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back