Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
May 2, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #1,277 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
been using my c751's a lot the last week or so and you know they really are good, the more i listen to them the more i remember how i like the sound signature on them. oh and the really go well with the nuforce icon mobile.

really really lots of fun

Really? I've stopped liking mine. There's a spike in the low treble range that makes them harsh, the bass is big and tubby lacking definition, and the midrange is overwhelmed by the highs and lows. I've tried to EQ out the rollercoaster freq resp but they still sound unmusical to me.

Bummer really, they are very efficient and need no amp and have that interesting bullet shape. But they just don't sound so great to me anymore.

May 2, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #1,278 of 1,418
well id disagree about them not needing an amp, they really seem to match well with the icon mobile. mids are no longer recessed so much and the bass has just vastly improved, tight and punchy yet a hint of smoothness they never seemed to have before.

just really enjoying their dark yet cold sound

May 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #1,279 of 1,418
I agree with Mark, although they are my only IEM I think they are fantastic. I am not very good at analyzing how audio equipment sounds but I really cannot fault them for the price. I think they sound fantastic with the majority of music apart from classical as the highs do not extend that far.

May 2, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #1,280 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by thwood3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I've stopped liking mine. There's a spike in the low treble range that makes them harsh, the bass is big and tubby lacking definition, and the midrange is overwhelmed by the highs and lows. I've tried to EQ out the rollercoaster freq resp but they still sound unmusical to me.

Bummer really, they are very efficient and need no amp and have that interesting bullet shape. But they just don't sound so great to me anymore.

I had begun to feel the same way about the sound, but an amp can help shape the freq response - the Nuforce Icon Mobile works well with them, as does the Meier Headsix (still a little issue with the bass).

May 3, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #1,282 of 1,418
The C751 is unfortunately getting superceded by later released canalphones now tbh as competition and technology gets bigger and better. Still a good IEM but there are better out there now at the same price.

May 3, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #1,283 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The C751 is unfortunately getting superceded by later released canalphones now tbh as competition and technology gets bigger and better. Still a good IEM but there are better out there now at the same price.

Yes, I have to agree with you on that. It's been almost 2 years since I started this thread, and countless new earphones have appeared since then. While the C700/C751 were great at the time, there are so many other options to choose from now. And how Apple has the gall to stock them for £150 is beyond me, that's more expensive than the IE7 and not much cheaper than the IE8 or TF10
eek.gif

May 3, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #1,284 of 1,418
I always thought my c700s are fantabulous.

But i just cant stand them being so sharp....tinny.
Preference really.

May 3, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #1,285 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I have to agree with you on that. It's been almost 2 years since I started this thread, and countless new earphones have appeared since then. While the C700/C751 were great at the time, there are so many other options to choose from now. And how Apple has the gall to stock them for £150 is beyond me, that's more expensive than the IE7 and not much cheaper than the IE8 or TF10
eek.gif

becasue everywhere in the uk sells them for an obscene amount, which i will agree they just arent worth but for the us$100 i think they are great, well with the icon mobile. before i hadd issues with the bass being all punch and not being able to hold a low not but now they sound so improved.

yes other items do outclass them but i really am very much enjoying thier unique sound sig, nothing else i know of is both cold and dark which for some songs just works so very well.

they are lots of fun

May 3, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #1,287 of 1,418
Quote:

thier unique sound sig, nothing else i know of is both cold and dark which for some songs just works so very well.

Indeed, that's the clincher along w/ the amping, I guess.

I mostly listen to acoustic jazz where I want the instruments to sound more like they do en vivo. Need more warmth & midrange, and less edge for my music. Real cymbals shimmer. My PK3 can reproduce that shimmering quality but the denons can't...

To me the denon's sound dry. I like a wet sound if that makes sense.

May 3, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #1,288 of 1,418
well when amped i wouldnt say they really lack shimmer, and the mids are vastly improved. the mids are infact something id always quite liked but before id always found them so recessed but now they arent anything like so far back.

but i cant say that for acoustic jazz i think they would work terribly well, for songs that really crave warmth the c751's are really not going to be the IEM for it.

i think im probably likeing the so much as they are quite different from the rather warm IE7's i had been listing to mostly for the week before

May 3, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #1,289 of 1,418
Quote:

i think im probably likeing the so much as they are quite different from the rather warm IE7's i had been listing to mostly for the week before

Variety is the spice of life. It's one very cool thing about headphones--you can have more than one while that's not practical w/ speaker systems.

Enjoy!

May 3, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #1,290 of 1,418
very, and u can listen at any volume you like and not feel so self conscious. i find i never really enjoy listen to to music on speakers now as im always thinking oh how load is comming through to the neighbours.

IEM's can go in and the music goes where you and you can have as loud as u like or as quiet and u can have 10 different sets that will give you 10 different sounds.

you really cant have 10 different speaker set ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back