Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Dec 17, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #1,261 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A nice forward amp will bring out the vocals with C700 and smooth out the highs a little, like Meier Headsix or Nuforce Icon Mobile.

yeah and i sometimes think about getting a good amp but not convinced, given i dont use the fiio becasue its adding bulk for out and about(and all it does really is add bass) but i have other IEM's so mostly all it means is the denons sit unused in their little case

the nuforce one looks nice though but dont think its about in the UK

Dec 19, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #1,262 of 1,418
Quote:

A nice forward amp will bring out the vocals with C700 and smooth out the highs a little, like Meier Headsix or Nuforce Icon Mobile.

Has someone played with eq settings to bring out the vocals and tame the bass on these denons? My Nokia N95 8GB has an 8band eq, so perhaps I could do without a separate amp.

Thanks

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #1,263 of 1,418
Quote:

Lately I've decided the C700 sound their best with Complys T400 foam tips. Anyone else with me on this?

The highs are smoother, bass deeper, and of course isolation improves just by changing the tips. I still like my other IEM just a little better, but this reminds me there a reason I've kept these longer than any of my other phones.

I'm with You for sure as I'm using such combination for some time already
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #1,264 of 1,418
hey guys, I'm actually thinking about getting a pair of c751s after reading this tread! i currently have a pair of FX500 for on the go and D2000 for home, and i'm just wondering if the c700/751 has similar sound signature as the D2000 (considering they're hte same brand)? I really like my d2000 and if c700/751 sounds similar i will definitely grab a pair. Thanks in advance!

Jan 27, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #1,265 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys, I'm actually thinking about getting a pair of c751s after reading this tread! i currently have a pair of FX500 for on the go and D2000 for home, and i'm just wondering if the c700/751 has similar sound signature as the D2000 (considering they're hte same brand)? I really like my d2000 and if c700/751 sounds similar i will definitely grab a pair. Thanks in advance!

With Complys T400 tips I think that would be a fair assessment.

Jan 27, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #1,266 of 1,418
The C700/C751 is the most realistic sounding IEM I've used so far.

I only have two gripes with the Denons:

1) smiley face response, needing EQing to flatten out

2) low SPL capability, low excursion driver topping out (before distortion) at around half of most other IEMs.

With an EQ and a quiet environment, they are an exceptional IEM that few would beat.

Jan 27, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #1,267 of 1,418
Quote:

I really like my d2000 and if c700/751 sounds similar i will definitely grab a pair. Thanks in advance!

They do
smily_headphones1.gif
I have C700 and D1001. Exactly the same sound signature, warm, fun and entertaining sound. I'd say, that straight from an Ipod C700 has faster response and a tiny bit more detail. So they should sound very similiar to D2000.

Jan 27, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #1,268 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The C700/C751 is the most realistic sounding IEM I've used so far.

I only have two gripes with the Denons:

1) smiley face response, needing EQing to flatten out

2) low SPL capability, low excursion driver topping out (before distortion) at around half of most other IEMs.

With an EQ and a quiet environment, they are an exceptional IEM that few would beat.

That would make you a candidate for the Nuforce NE-7M which is flatter and doesn't have quite as much bass bloat with certain sources, or the slightly edgy tipped-up treble with some sources (i.e. less sibilance), but NE-7M have good deep bass and treble extension and are more efficient. The C700 are not too bad until you listen in comparison with others like the NE-7M or Phonak Audeo. Then the C700 will sound a little more like a closed can while the NE-7M will sound a little more like an open can.

I picked keeping the C700 over my old ER6i and SE310 and E4c because none of them could produce the bass of the C700 without amplification, while my C700 didn't need to be amped. They also fixed the dull treble in some older iPods. I found the C700 best right out of the headphone jack of the 2G Nano or 5.5G ipod video, or with a warm forward amp like Headsix that doesn't overpower them in the bass and treble and brings the mids in line with the rest of the freq curve. An amp that gets much better control over the bass will remove any muddyness, and the Predator is another one of those amps (while the Tomahawk is terrible with the C700 because of the highs).

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolperl
They do
smily_headphones1.gif
I have C700 and D1001. Exactly the same sound signature, warm, fun and entertaining sound. I'd say, that straight from an Ipod C700 has faster response and a tiny bit more detail. So they should sound very similiar to D2000.

As above, they both are similar and that means they can have a little bit extra bass and muddyness with some amps or sources, and a little edgyness in the treble. I had to recable and woody my D2000 with partial markl mods to get the bass mids and treble in line with each other better, and they became a high end headphone. Still the best bass right below the Edition 9. I don't know of any physical mods for the C700 other than finding the right amp or source or EQ, but with the right source/amp they do rock.

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #1,269 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolperl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They do
smily_headphones1.gif

That sounds very impressive. I think i will go grab a pair sometime soon!

And just one more thing, is the vocal of c751 more forward or back? Seems like on headfi most ppl agree its quite forward, but in some other reviews i've read that its quite behind... can you guys please clarify it for me? thanks!

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #1,270 of 1,418
Quote:

That sounds very impressive. I think i will go grab a pair sometime soon!

And just one more thing, is the vocal of c751 more forward or back? Seems like on headfi most ppl agree its quite forward, but in some other reviews i've read that its quite behind... can you guys please clarify it for me? thanks!

I think it depends on the source or the amp, and it can fluctuate depending on what you plug them into. They will sound recessed on a Tomahawk and Lyrix, but fuller on a Headsix or Predator for example.

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #1,271 of 1,418
Quote:

I think it depends on the source or the amp, and it can fluctuate depending on what you plug them into. They will sound recessed on a Tomahawk and Lyrix, but fuller on a Headsix or Predator for example.

i use sony a728, do u know how it might sound on that?

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #1,272 of 1,418
Quote:

i use sony a728, do u know how it might sound on that?

Soozieq may have posted impressions on that earlier in the thread - search for posts by her in this thread, with either sony or 728 as keyword you are looking for.

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #1,273 of 1,418
Sorry to bump this now aging thread, but it's the biggest and best of them all, and is better than starting a new one.

Any recommendations on how to clean the damn filters? I stupidly lent them to a friend...will never again, ever. They are "slightly" clogged, to say the least...
mad.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #1,274 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to bump this now aging thread, but it's the biggest and best of them all, and is better than starting a new one.

Any recommendations on how to clean the damn filters? I stupidly lent them to a friend...will never again, ever. They are "slightly" clogged, to say the least...
mad.gif

Hiya
smile.gif

If they're really clogged, I'd try getting a very fine-point needle, and gently 'poke' the filter. Don't jam the needle in, just hold it to the surface, and just use enough pressure to unblock parts of the surface. Or maybe some sticky tape that you can swipe over the filters? I don't really know, I'm just thinking of ideas
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #1,275 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hiya
smile.gif

If they're really clogged, I'd try getting a very fine-point needle, and gently 'poke' the filter. Don't jam the needle in, just hold it to the surface, and just use enough pressure to unblock parts of the surface. Or maybe some sticky tape that you can swipe over the filters? I don't really know, I'm just thinking of ideas
confused_face_2.gif

Thanks for the suggestions, sorted now, I got some sellotape and used that over the filter, and used a baby wipe. Should be okay
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back