Official ChiUniFI 2 Thread November 8th 2008
Oct 20, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #61 of 164
I'm in. Not sure what gear I will bring, but I will bring some headphones and portable amps.

I have seen some people ask about start time, but i have not seen any definitive answers. Can someone please post the start time.

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #62 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
index.cfm

Four Weeks ?!?
facepalmua8.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #63 of 164
I'm not sure who's name this thing is under at the hotel. maybe billy, but I dont know his last name. is there a way to just find out when the meeting room is reserved, and for how long? If the reservation is covered, thats all we really need. we can just order pizza to the room if we want eats, or pick up buckets of chicken!! time is slippin' away, and we dont want to screw this up.. lets impress the ONE vendor we have coming, who is bringing some new electrostatics I might add!!!

Oct 21, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #65 of 164
Actually, we sort of have a few more vendors coming.

I got some stuff for us.

I'm going to be bringing a pair of Denon 7000s from the guys at HeadRoom

As well as an array of Senn cables from Moon-Audio (get ready to do some comparisons) and the V3 Senn cable from APureSound

And possibly also an iQube

In other, less exciting news, I probably won't be bringing the iMod setup as I plan to sell it. I think it sucks. Read here for further feelings
smily_headphones1.gif
The Ed 9s are still coming

I am also now bringing a pair of HD600s, too.

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #67 of 164
Guys,

I still have not heard back from billy. I am not sure what is up, all I know is that a week before this thread got posted, he had stated that he put the deposit down and the room/area is reserved, as well as some rooms for overnighters. Last time we spoke was the week before Columbus Day when I offered for him to come over and we could post all the info together. He never got back to me. I left another message, which he has not returned. I have offered to help out by posting all the necessary info if he forwarded it to me, the only thing I got was a map of the room layout.

I do not think we can jump to conclusions. I do believe that there is definitely a place reserved under "Billy Devine" at the Holiday inn in Skokie, but have not called to confirm. If someone wants to help out and call to confirm that Billy did put the deposit down, that would be great (as Keith mentioned).

If someone would like Billy's number to give him a call, please PM me and I will provide it. Even though I am not directly involved with organizing or hosting the meet, I extended help to him way back because I knew of his schedule. The only thing he has ever asked of me is to update the member's list. If Billy updates me with any info, or asks of me to post any info, I will do so asap. I do this for everyone's enjoyment and hope the meet is a success, even though I actually will not be in attendance unfortunately.

As an Alumni of Elmhurst College, my wife and I have been invited to a very formal event that is the new President's Inauguration Ball; basically, my wife is a Cabinet member and is making me go
frown.gif
If I had a time, I could probably do both, but considering the schedule, it appears that I am out.

Regardless, I will continue to assist and try to get some info to the best of my ability.

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #68 of 164
I have to say - given that post, Ryan, and the relatively small amount of time left before this event, coupled with the fact that it appears some people are even planning to come in from out of town for the event, that it might be prudent to cancel the event. If no one is coordinating it, it will be a fiasco.

Billy is a great guy, and we all get in over our heads in terms of time commitments, but this is really sounding like an accident waiting to happen at this point.

What do the rest of you think?

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #69 of 164

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #70 of 164
ok, I called the skokie holiday inn. we have 4 actual rooms (with queen beds) reserved under billys name. I could not find a reservation for any meeting room. at least not under billys name, chiunifi, or head-fi. I'm not sure if that was in the plan originally or not. I was given a group code that is linked to billys reservation. since I will not be staying overnight, I dont need it, but those of you who are, might. PM me and I'll throw you the code, as I figure I shouldnt just post it. SO.. whoever attended this last year, does this sound right? what next.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys,

I still have not heard back from billy. I am not sure what is up, all I know is that a week before this thread got posted, he had stated that he put the deposit down and the room/area is reserved, as well as some rooms for overnighters. Last time we spoke was the week before Columbus Day when I offered for him to come over and we could post all the info together. He never got back to me. I left another message, which he has not returned. I have offered to help out by posting all the necessary info if he forwarded it to me, the only thing I got was a map of the room layout.

I do not think we can jump to conclusions. I do believe that there is definitely a place reserved under "Billy Devine" at the Holiday inn in Skokie, but have not called to confirm. If someone wants to help out and call to confirm that Billy did put the deposit down, that would be great (as Keith mentioned).

If someone would like Billy's number to give him a call, please PM me and I will provide it. Even though I am not directly involved with organizing or hosting the meet, I extended help to him way back because I knew of his schedule. The only thing he has ever asked of me is to update the member's list. If Billy updates me with any info, or asks of me to post any info, I will do so asap. I do this for everyone's enjoyment and hope the meet is a success, even though I actually will not be in attendance unfortunately.

As an Alumni of Elmhurst College, my wife and I have been invited to a very formal event that is the new President's Inauguration Ball; basically, my wife is a Cabinet member and is making me go
frown.gif
If I had a time, I could probably do both, but considering the schedule, it appears that I am out.

Regardless, I will continue to assist and try to get some info to the best of my ability.

Oct 21, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #71 of 164
It'd be odd for the rooms to be reserved and the meet room not to be. Did you see if anything was going on on that specific date?

If nothing else - how much would it cost us? Mayhaps we could pitch in and get ourselves the room.

Still, I'm inclined to think the room is already taken care of

I may call soon tonight and check that out. Everyone else should, too. Maybe they'll wing us something
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #72 of 164
I agree, it didnt make sense to me that we would have rooms reserved without a meeting hall. then again, the lady I was speaking with hardly spoke english, and didnt seem incredibly enthused about helping me. I was planning on following up later as well, maybe when her shift is over. if we just had the confirmation #, this would be easier. someone find billy for 2 min!!! anyone else making a call to this place would be great.

the lady did mention other events being there. she asked if the "fi" meant financial something. Its worth another call.

I thought the money for this came from last years meet? Arrrrgggg.. where's billy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'd be odd for the rooms to be reserved and the meet room not to be. Did you see if anything was going on on that specific date?

If nothing else - how much would it cost us? Mayhaps we could pitch in and get ourselves the room.

Still, I'm inclined to think the room is already taken care of

I may call soon tonight and check that out. Everyone else should, too. Maybe they'll wing us something
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #73 of 164
I just got off the line with the hotel. Here is what I found out:

We do have a meeting room set with a table layout that has been approved by Billy. He has made a deposit on that room that is NOT REFUNDABLE. I do not know the amount because the woman with whom I spoke thinks I am a nut for asking these questions.

We have 5 overnight stay rooms blocked; one of which is already reserved. Reservations can be cancelled up to 6pm the day of check-in. I forgot to ask the room cost.

We must purchase food from the Hotel if we want food. Our order was due October 6th or 16th (it was a little hard to understand the woman with whom I spoke), but I asked for and received an extension to October 31st. I am told the menu can be emailed or faxed to whoever (Billy) wants to make the food decisions.

As for my opinion on canceling, I don't care for me because I live in Chicago, and it is very easy for me to get to Skokie. For those coming from out of town, it appears we have some rooms for overnight stays and we have a meeting room. Thus, we could wing this thing if we want. We will have to work-out how to pay as we go along.

I am concerned however if we have any vendors coming as to the impression we make. Do we know if Ray Samuels and Todd the Vinyl Junkie are coming? They came last year.

That is my 2 cents on this. I hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back