Official ChiUniFI 2 Thread November 8th 2008
Oct 3, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #31 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Location is same as last year, Holiday Inn located in Skokie, IL.

Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore Hotel -- Rates and Reservations

I know Billy has been busy, I am sure he will be posting all the specific details very soon. I have not heard from him but I will give him a call tomorrow.

When you guys post please make it clear who we talk to about the block of rooms Billy has reserved. I just checked online for a room for the night of the 7th and it tells me there are no rooms available ...
eek.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #34 of 164
I should be there. I'll bring my HF-1, DT-990, and EC/SS. The rest of my gear seems to be pretty well covered. For a source, the only thing I can really bring easily would be my iPod with a dock.

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #35 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Location is same as last year, Holiday Inn located in Skokie, IL.

Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore Hotel -- Rates and Reservations

I know Billy has been busy, I am sure he will be posting all the specific details very soon. I have not heard from him but I will give him a call tomorrow.

I talked to the hotel yesterday and was able to get a room reserved. Here is the contact information for the lady who assisted. The event is under "William Devine" for 11/8.

Angie Valdez
Catering Manager / Coordinator
5300 W. Touhy Ave
Skokie, IL 60077
Direct: 847-763-3068
Hotel: 847-679-8900 x 6768
Fax: 847-763-3096
avaldez@hiskokie.com

Oct 6, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #36 of 164
Shoot - add the MB Quart 85 to the mix (Floatness anyone?)

As it looks like now, I will have the k400, 2500's, CD1000's, MB Quart 85, and the AT-701.

BTW: Just as a side note.
Todd told me last year at this meet to just get some k701's or HD650's, a nice tube amp, and a Dac. Then just stick with that while in college.
At the time, I thought he was crazy. $1.5k on a Headphone setup? He did not warn me about how addictive it could get and that it really is a journey through sound.
Chiunify turned me from a casual listener with a DIY cMoy, iPod, old vintage cans, and im716 to this mess. You have been warned. However, it does seem like it will be a good time had by all.

Update:
It seems that I will only be able to make it for a few hours. As it turns out, I have a NU University Chorus concert that night with a call time likely at 6PM and there is the NU football game as well which will probably be an 11PM-3PM game. I'll be sure to make it though. I don't know if anyone is interested in going to the concert as it is a sort of preview concert that displays all of the choirs. The University Chorus does primarily large scale masterworks with orchestra and this concert will be with only a piano accompaniment.
frown.gif

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #39 of 164
Wow nice job on that Germania!

Oct 9, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #40 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW: Just as a side note.
Todd told me last year at this meet to just get some k701's or HD650's, a nice tube amp, and a Dac. Then just stick with that while in college.
At the time, I thought he was crazy. $1.5k on a Headphone setup? He did not warn me about how addictive it could get and that it really is a journey through sound.

Ahhh you young kids never listen do ya?
tongue.gif

I'm really impressed how much you've progressed in this hobby, especially with your builds. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Oct 10, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #41 of 164
Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah, I got my first electrostatics today (well bought them anyway). A set of SR-5's with the SRD-5, will be running them from the Sonic-T that I used for my speakers.
Since I do have money right now, I wanted to try as many things as I can (within reason). Then, really narrow it down to what I really like as set/s of headphones.

I really like the k400 and was reading about how the QP85 is basically the same sound sig, just better in almost every regard that the k400 excels in. The CD1000 is the CD3000 only with plastic cups and a bit less of the exotic materials. I wanted to find a closed headphone with good midrange and soundstage (also comfy) - we will see how that turns out.
The Stax are simply because I really wanted a set of electrostatics. I really liked lambdas, but my experience has been limited to primarily a couple of the lambdas, current model lambda frames, Baby Orpheus, and HeAudio's. I had not heard an old Stax and it seemed a good place to start.

Will I likely keep all 6 of the headphones that will be at the meet? Probably not. Although for right now, it seems like a fun journey!

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #42 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I should be there with the CA 840C so you are welcome to use one of its digital inputs If you like.

Hopefully I will have a little EC magic to share as well
biggrin.gif

Sorry bud, I just added you to the member list, have no idea how I missed ya...as for the EC magic, I hope to see some balanced magic coming
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back