Official Audio-gd Sparrow thread
Jul 18, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #407 of 727
Quote:
So, Sparrow support ASIO or i will have to emulate it with ASIO4ALL? Will it make a difference in sound (using basic version)?

You would have to use either ASIO4ALL, USB-audio (not free), KS, or WASAPI to try to get bit-perfect output into the sparrow. The simplest is to use Kernal Streaming plug-in with foobar 1.0. I think it does make a good difference, and it's not that hard to bypass the windows kmixer.

Jul 18, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #408 of 727

Quote:
Im funny? lol

You guys are the funny ones for believing all this crap!

I guess all the actual electronic measurements showing differences between DAPs and other gear are all crap too?  Just face it, that your hearing is not good (and you proved it yourself!) and stop blaming other people for it. You've saved yourself a lot money and you should be happy. Claiming that what affects you applies to everyone else, however, is very much a lie closer to your idea of "crap".

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #409 of 727

Quote:
HEAD-FI SNAKE OIL WARNING!!!

Do not buy the Sparrow.  It will not sound any different than your ipod.

I'm fairly sure it will, given I don't have an ipod
very_evil_smiley.gif

I've also just thrown more money away on the ALPS27 upgrade. Apparently the response is more suited to audio applications (logarithmic?) and I decided that for a $10 part, I may as well reduce potential channel imbalance. It may not have been a problem but I had no way to know.

Jul 20, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #410 of 727
ROFL my hearing isnt good! haha
More excuses from the golden ears audiophooles.  You guys will use ANYTHING  to justify your wasted expenses on audio.  Besides, its pretty common knowledge that audiophile myths are false.  Wake up.  I know many of you disagree with everything I say.  But alot of newer people are prolly wondering what all this is about.  I am trying to save their Wallets and time. Spread the truth. :wink:

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #411 of 727

Quote:
ROFL my hearing isnt good! haha
More excuses from the golden ears audiophooles.  You guys will use ANYTHING  to justify your wasted expenses on audio.  Besides, its pretty common knowledge that audiophile myths are false.  Wake up.  I know many of you disagree with everything I say.  But alot of newer people are prolly wondering what all this is about.  I am trying to save their Wallets and time. Spread the truth. :wink:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
gs1000.gif

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #416 of 727
Just report his posts using the orange flag if you feel they are just trolling.

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #417 of 727
Heh, Crazy*Carl's post slagging me off seems to have been edited/deleted. Well, Carl, clearly you missed the irony, or maybe you just wanted to reiterate your point.

Without wishing to derail the thread further, I'd like to thank Crazy*Carl for his reviews and insights, which I'm sure have been useful advice to some, but remind him that people have their own reasons for, and requirements from, purchases and, as it is a hobby, may simply wish to make up their own minds. For instance, an ipod is not necessarily a cheaper or more suitable solution for everyone. It is good to read down-to-earth comments about equipment (please continue OTHER reviews) but not unsolicited disparaging posts ad nauseum, it is not a crusade.

Jul 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #418 of 727
Truth = trolling on Head-fi.  After all, it is a big forum designed to advertise equipment, and I am reducing that capital.  Just look at the number of advertisements, especially with the "new" head-fi.  And boy does it work!

I just find it funny, that I am the one person who did blind tests with the sparrow. I even got this thread renamed.  Everyone elses reviews of the sparrow are just based of what they think they hear.  So I am the Troll?

I know my posts are working somewhat.  I have had my Sparrow posted for 2 months and still no one has bought it.  I have had several people show interest, but they bailed.

Jul 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #419 of 727
I don't think people think you are lying. They are angry that you are saying that ALL amps/dacs have the same results for ALL headphones. You have not proven that at all. So more than anything, people think you are a troll for acting like you have proof that this is all a scam, when you really don't have much to go off of. You'll notice Prog Rock Man hasn't gotten near the flack that you have, because he has his own thread with many more examples. You act like you just want to piss people off.

And congratulations on not selling your amp? 
tongue_smile.gif
 Glad to see you are reaping the benefits of all of your arguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back