Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #421 of 522

I can and I will.

Also, I hope I can compare its sound to that of the Shure SE846 that roscoeiii said he's bringing.

There's a part of me that wishes my InEar Live Pro 2s were still InEar Stagediver 2s. This is the IEM that pulled me away from on-ear and full-size closed cans (portably). I think it gives the 846 a run for its money.

Kojaku

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #423 of 522
Here is another way to look at the equipment that folks plan to bring... by type and model of equipment.  This will help someone who attends specifically to audition a particular piece of equipment... it tells who plans to bring that item.

This is an update of my earlier list, as promised, reflecting changes posted on the thread through 1:00 am EDT June 19, 2014.  Corrections welcome!

ChiUniFI Demonstration Equipment, By Type and Model

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #424 of 522
Does anyone have any interest in me bringing an Old Marantz 2238b I picked up?  I was going to bring the LYR 2 but it actually won't be delivered until after the meet.  I will have the NFB-28.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 19, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #425 of 522
I just went through my bags, and realized I forgot to bring a standard full-size USB cable for the Fostex HP-A4.

Can someone kindly bring one of these types of USB cables...

...for use with the HP-A4 during the meet?

Also, I won't have my laptop with me at the meet, so if anyone is bringing a laptop that can be paired with the USB bus-powered HP-A4 (even if it has to share a laptop with another DAC), that would be great.

Finally, the Schiit Ragnarok had not arrived before I left for Chicago on Wednesday. If it arrives today (Thursday), I'll have someone back home overnight it to FraGGleR for the meet. However, if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow, then I apologize in advance for it not making the meet this time around.

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #426 of 522
I just went through my bags, and realized I forgot to bring a standard full-size USB cable for the Fostex HP-A4.

Can someone kindly bring one of these types of USB cables...

Also, I won't have my laptop with me at the meet, so if anyone is bringing a laptop that can be paired with the USB bus-powered HP-A4 (even if it has to share a laptop with another DAC), that would be great.

Finally, the Schiit Ragnarok had not arrived before I left for Chicago on Wednesday. If it arrives today (Thursday), I'll have someone back home overnight it to FraGGleR for the meet. However, if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow, then I apologize in advance for it not making the meet this time around.

I gotchu, Jude. My apartment is basically a giant box for keeping hifi cables and equipment, so I have a few extras.

I'll have my laptop but it'll probably be at my table feeding my home rig. Perhaps you could seat the HP-A4 nearby it and we can use my laptop as a shared source. It's a Blade 14, so it'd be relatively easy to carry around if necessary.

Kojaku

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #427 of 522
Here is another way to look at the equipment that folks plan to bring... by type and model of equipment.  This will help someone who attends specifically to audition a particular piece of equipment... it tells who plans to bring that item.

This is an update of my earlier list, as promised, reflecting changes posted on the thread through 1:00 am EDT June 19, 2014.  Corrections welcome!

ChiUniFI Demonstration Equipment, By Type and Model

The Audio-GD NFB10-ES2 is a DAC/Amp, not a headphone. Just a small correction there.

Kojaku

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #428 of 522
I will also bring a Fiio E17 w/OTG cables, and if there's interest in having another Vali, I will bring it along with the Modi. I'll also toss the Audioengine D1 in a bag if anybody wants to give it a shot. Oh, I'll bring my modded SR80i as well (I would bring more, but I don't see the need for redundancy).

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #429 of 522
Jun 19, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #430 of 522
I gotchu, Jude. My apartment is basically a giant box for keeping hifi cables and equipment, so I have a few extras.

I'll have my laptop but it'll probably be at my table feeding my home rig. Perhaps you could seat the HP-A4 nearby it and we can use my laptop as a shared source. It's a Blade 14, so it'd be relatively easy to carry around if necessary.

Kojaku

I'll bring a spare in my bag as well, just in case. It can't hurt to have a few spare USB A > B cables on hand. It won't be a high-end cable, though; just a standard run-of-the-mill cable.

I may just toss one of my backpacks of cables in my trunk to have a lot of stuff on hand if needed.

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #431 of 522

I will bring a spare laptop for your use, will load up that driver.  Please PM me if you want anything else on it.

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #432 of 522
Updating my list of equipment:

Given that OPPO will be in attendance I will not bring my HA-1 amp.  My final list

Audio-gd Master 8 Amp
Schiit Gungnir Gen2 USB DAC
Mytek 192 Stereo DSD DAC

HiFiMan HE-560
Audeze LCD-X
Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs
HiFiMan RE-400 IEM
Fostex TH900
Sennheiser HD 800
Oppo PM-1

6-Way Stereo Source Selector + cables for testing with Keith
couple of laptops as sources

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #434 of 522
Does anyone have any interest in me bringing an Old Marantz 2238b I picked up?  I was going to bring the LYR 2 but it actually won't be delivered until after the meet.  I will have the NFB-28.

If you don't mind lugging it, I'd love to take a listen. I've been eyeballing the Marantz 22xx line for a while now.

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #435 of 522
If anyone needs to use a spare laptop, I've got a windows 8.1, and someone else already has SR-325is so it'd be free for anyone to use if they need.

I also have some really top notch CD's I'm going to bring, and I think I've got some chesky albums lying around somewhere that I could dig up if people wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back