Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Jun 13, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #361 of 522
A CAD file for Grado cups. I've been meaning to finally learn how to use Solidworks to do just that.

When I'm finished tweaking it a little bit, I'll post a Dropbox link for the file so any and everyone can peruse it. You will need SW14 in order to view each step, though if someone just wants to make some, I'll post the machine file.

Jun 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #362 of 522
Hey, is it too late to join this meet? If not, i can/will bring my setup: 

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Music Server running Windows 8.1, jRiver Media Center 19, Schiit Bifrost, Schiit Lyr2,  Grado SR-352is

Also, should i leave the Adam A3x nearfield monitors at home :)

Gary

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #363 of 522
When I'm finished tweaking it a little bit, I'll post a Dropbox link for the file so any and everyone can peruse it. You will need SW14 in order to view each step, though if someone just wants to make some, I'll post the machine file.

That would be amazing, thanks!

Jun 13, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #364 of 522

Part File (Solidworks 2014 required) -- Use this to see steps necessary to create the model, and tweak to your liking:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm30yr8j8kb8dg3/GradoV2.SLDPRT

STL File -- Use this for output to 3D printer, cannot be modified in SW:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkjz2naia01v836/GradoV2.STL

edit: I don't care if anybody shares, modifies or rehosts this, I just ask for credit when credit is due. :)

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #365 of 522
  Here is another way to look at the equipment that folks plan to bring... by type and model of equipment.  This will help someone who attends specifically to audition a particular piece of equipment... it tells who plans to bring that item.

This is current through the listing in the third post of this thread (updated today)... if I get a chance I will update with new additions that come in after today.

Awesome format edit of my list. Thanks for doing that! Looks much better this way haha

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #366 of 522
  Awesome format edit of my list. Thanks for doing that! Looks much better this way haha

Yeah... Excel makes anyone look like an expert! Thanks!

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #367 of 522
Hey, is it too late to join this meet? If not, i can/will bring my setup: 

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Music Server running Windows 8.1, jRiver Media Center 19, Schiit Bifrost, Schiit Lyr2,  Grado SR-352is

Also, should i leave the Adam A3x nearfield monitors at home :)

Gary

Come on out. Even if we run out of space, (which I hope we do) we will find room. I am working with one more vendor to come out and hopefully I will be able to announce it later this weekend. Peter from HiFiMAN did confirm that Jude is coming.

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #368 of 522
The room layout should be the same as last year with 18 six foot tables with 2 chairs at a table. The vendors will take up a few of the tables so will need to have 2 setups to a table. This year I will be very light as I am sure Billy will be.

1 week to go.!!!!!!

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #369 of 522
Come on out. Even if we run out of space, (which I hope we do) we will find room. I am working with one more vendor to come out and hopefully I will be able to announce it later this weekend. Peter from HiFiMAN did confirm that Jude is coming.

Do we know yet whether he's bringing the Schiit along?

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #371 of 522
I still haven't managed to sell my AD2000, so I'll be bringing those. I really want to compare them to the PS500.

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #372 of 522
  I still haven't managed to sell my AD2000, so I'll be bringing those. I really want to compare them to the PS500.

I saw yesterday Grado Labs released a new "e" series of their headphone line replacing the "i" line.  http://www.gradolabs.com/

Tweak Studio (Arnold Matinez, owner) is a Grado Labs dealer and I talked with him yesterday.  He isn't 100% sure but he will try and see if he can get a pair of the new "e" series in.  When he asked for a suggestion, I threw out the time tested RS1e http://www.gradolabs.com/headphones/reference-series/item/6-rs1e

Arnold will be in the room across the hall as he was last year with his ever increasing all things headphones, which he says is because of the first ChiUniFi he attended 2 years ago.  

Jun 15, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #373 of 522

I saw yesterday Grado Labs released a new "e" series of their headphone line replacing the "i" line.  http://www.gradolabs.com/

Tweak Studio (Arnold Matinez, owner) is a Grado Labs dealer and I talked with him yesterday.  He isn't 100% sure but he will try and see if he can get a pair of the new "e" series in.  When he asked for a suggestion, I threw out the time tested RS1e http://www.gradolabs.com/headphones/reference-series/item/6-rs1e

Arnold will be in the room across the hall as he was last year with his ever increasing all things headphones, which he says is because of the first ChiUniFi he attended 2 years ago.  

Hmm, 
Grado has been quiet for a while, good to hear they are coming out with something new. Anyone know what they did on this new "e" series? 

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #374 of 522

Hmm, 
Grado has been quiet for a while, good to hear they are coming out with something new. Anyone know what they did on this new "e" series?

Both the Grado website and news sites are rather vague...

From the outside, you won’t notice much different about Grado’s new e Series headphone lineup. The whole gang, from the bargain-priced SR60e headphones ($80) to the top-of-the-line PS1000e professional headphones ($1,700), look pretty much the same as their predecessors. They’ve all got the same classic look, and they’re still all open-backed, made more for listening at home than in public.

But on the inside, it’s a different story. Grado has tinkered with all the materials and components in order to squeeze every last drop of sonic fidelity out of its new line. They’ve redesigned the housings, changing the way the wood in each headphone is cut and cured in order to make the sound quality more consistent.

Grado says the new woodwork helps keep resonance from interfering with each driver. The interplay between the neodymium magnets and the voice coils in each headphone has also been tweaked, and the company is using stronger, lighter glue in its new cans.

Haven't yet found any reports of comparative listening.

(Oh, and their website DID dispense of "Ms. Grado," the lady on my avatar listening, enraptured, to the PS500s.)

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #375 of 522

I'll be bringing some PS500s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back