Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #91 of 458
I've never been to a meet before. What can I expect?
How many ppl will attend? Are there many vendors?

Coming from Vegas, I'd need to fly on. So bring my amp is an iffy proposition. Can I just bring my LCD-3's to audition amps/face? Not sure how it all works really.

One more time. How does a Head-Fi meet work? Am I expected to bring my own gear to share? I could bring my Garage 1217 Ember II and Polaris amps, Questyle QP1R DAP, and Fostex TH-X00 headphones. I'll be driving in from home. Are tables available or do you have to rent them? Can I show up empty handed and just listen to manufacturer gear and private gear? I'll be there anyway I just want to make the most of the day :)

The Head-Fi meet is pretty simple and don't have to bring your big gear if you don't want to but pretty handy to have maybe your best or headphones you know the best.

Quite a lot of people show up to head fi meets and there are a number of vendors, here were the ones from last year:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/761233/official-2015-sf-head-fi-meet-july-18-2015-doubletree-san-francisco-airport

Most shows/meets (minus CanJam Socal) I just bring like 3 or so iems, my dap, my he-400s, and small things like adapters and few small cables but that is how I roll at events 
cool.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 10, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #93 of 458
I'll probably just bring my little Chord Mojo in case anyone wants to hear it casually on the fly. 

May 10, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #94 of 458
Thank you for the info. I think it will be most fun if I bring some stuff. Obviously my DAP/CANS/IEMS but if I line a briefcase with foam and bring my amps they are small and if it is convenient to set them out I'm sure somebody would love to hear my Garage 1217 amps. It will be a cool experience I'm sure.

May 10, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #95 of 458
I'll be there probably.  I'll bring some portable gear rather than full sized stuff since it will be easier to carry on BART.  (That's the Bay Area subway system for the out of towners.)  FIIO X5 2nd gen & Mont Blanc amp, Mojo and AK120 with Glove Audio A1.  BTW, if anyone's interested in art and need something to do during down times, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is re-opening next week after being closed for 3 years for a huge renovation.  They've added 5 floors.  It's only 2 blocks from the meet location at 151 3rd Street.  If you love photographic art, as I do, they claim they're going to have the single largest section in the world devoted to photography.         

May 10, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #96 of 458
  I'll be there probably.  I'll bring some portable gear rather than full sized stuff since it will be easier to carry on BART.  (That's the Bay Area subway system for the out of towners.)  FIIO X5 2nd gen & Mont Blanc amp, Mojo and AK120 with Glove Audio A1.  BTW, if anyone's interested in art and need something to do during down times, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is re-opening next week after being closed for 3 years for a huge renovation.  They've added 5 floors.  It's only 2 blocks from the meet location at 151 3rd Street.  If you love photographic art, as I do, they claim they're going to have the single largest section in the world devoted to photography.         

OOT: are you planning to visit SFMOMA on the meet weekend? I'm waiting for the reopening too!

May 12, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #98 of 458
Thanks for the heads up on the July meet.  Gotta check for schedule conflicts, but I've still a bunch of headsets to audition for my ASUS® XONAR® STX™ (now in a LinUX box due to a regression in Win 10); hopefully I can land a One or STU prior to the event so I can replicate the STX' output circuits in something portable enough to take on Tri-Delta, BART and MUNI.

May 12, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #100 of 458
May 12, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #103 of 458
May 12, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #104 of 458
So I have to ask, is there going to be equal opportunity for members to bring their own rigs or is this going to be a more MOT focused meet where member rigs get shoved in a back room/corner?

I'd be happy if this meet was like the bay area HF meet last summer where member rigs were interspaced between MOTs.

May 12, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #105 of 458

beerchug.gif
 Hopefully you'll be able to make it.  The food alone...

Oh I'm coming. Haven't finished my travel details but oh yes I'm coming. And now that you mention good food......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back