Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Mar 12, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #467 of 733
So for us polar bears coming to the meet what's the weather gonna be like?  Do I need to bring my personal AC unit
tongue.gif
?  cuz I have been living in -12F for so long I might melt if its gonna be in the 80's or 90's...
blink.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #470 of 733
Ok, think I can survive that...  not that it would have stopped me from coming heh...
May need to, um, hydrate often, beer or maybe kickin' chicken since I am not driving anywhere this time.
thanks...
beerchug.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #471 of 733
Alright so I'm going but my name isn't on the list yet. I'm pretty sure that the payment went through and everything. The only thing that I have is a Mayflower Electronics O2 Amp + ODAC which I will carry around with me if anyone wants a listen to what nwaguy designed. 

On another note, I am serious about tagging along with someone's party if they don't mind. Quick introductions, my name is Viet and I am a 20 year old guy attending UC Irvine in my second year. I am by no means an "audiophile" but I do enjoy listening to music and my dad has been a large influence. He would talk about the golden days when he would listen to ABBA, Madonna, Modern Talking, and many more classics on his neighbor's radio in Vietnam. He carried his passion for music when he came to the US and that passion is in me as well. Really looking forward to this event.

So yeah, if anybody would to be so kind as to let me tag along with them so that I don't wander around introducing myself to everyone and not really settling down and finding a niche. Or perhaps if warren and third_eye still need a volunteer to help out with setting up and doing various things at the event I am totally down. If anybody else needs any help with anything at all on the day of, just go ahead and message me and I'll provide you with my cell phone number so we can meet up on that day. Also applies to whoever wants to let me join in on their party. Thanks in advance!

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #472 of 733
  Alright so I'm going but my name isn't on the list yet. I'm pretty sure that the payment went through and everything. The only thing that I have is a Mayflower Electronics O2 Amp + ODAC which I will carry around with me if anyone wants a listen to what nwaguy designed. 

On another note, I am serious about tagging along with someone's party if they don't mind. Quick introductions, my name is Viet and I am a 20 year old guy attending UC Irvine in my second year. I am by no means an "audiophile" but I do enjoy listening to music and my dad has been a large influence. He would talk about the golden days when he would listen to ABBA, Madonna, Modern Talking, and many more classics on his neighbor's radio in Vietnam. He carried his passion for music when he came to the US and that passion is in me as well. Really looking forward to this event.

So yeah, if anybody would to be so kind as to let me tag along with them so that I don't wander around introducing myself to everyone and not really settling down and finding a niche. Or perhaps if warren and third_eye still need a volunteer to help out with setting up and doing various things at the event I am totally down. If anybody else needs any help with anything at all on the day of, just go ahead and message me and I'll provide you with my cell phone number so we can meet up on that day. Also applies to whoever wants to let me join in on their party. Thanks in advance!

I got you brother!
beerchug.gif

Adding now!

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #473 of 733
  Ok, think I can survive that...  not that it would have stopped me from coming heh...
May need to, um, hydrate often, beer or maybe kickin' chicken since I am not driving anywhere this time.
thanks...
beerchug.gif

Nice! A whole troupe of us will be descending on that hotel already on Friday night. Dinner and Drinks are planned!

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #475 of 733
What?? Um, don't take this the wrong way but, there is no such thing as too far away...some are coming form Japan, Australia, and northern MN, so, need a ride? speak up someone might be near by...
wink_face.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #476 of 733
Originally Posted by Veetastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On another note, I am serious about tagging along with someone's party if they don't mind. Quick introductions, my name is Viet and I am a 20 year old guy attending UC Irvine in my second year. I am by no means an "audiophile" but I do enjoy listening to music and my dad has been a large influence.

Viet, come by my table and I'll introduce you to a few people to get you started.  We can all hang out for a while and then see what everyone wants to do from there.  Ethan and I will probably be running around like mad for most of the day, but I'm sure we'll know some people making the rounds at the meet.  I expect that a LOT of people will want to go around getting their raffle cards filled out. 
wink.gif
  You should too.

Trust me when I tell you that everyone is really nice and super-friendly. 
smile.gif
  But yeah, come on by!

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #477 of 733
If one is going and bringing two people (Say a mom and a friend), should I complete separate registrations and payments for all 3 of us?

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #478 of 733
  If one is going and bringing two people (Say a mom and a friend), should I complete separate registrations and payments for all 3 of us?

Yes, all admissions to the meet require a separate registration and payment. With that said, for those coming with +1's who don't have much interest in personal audio there is a footbridge from the hotel directly into South Coast Plaza which is one of the nicer malls in Southern California and a perfect place for someone to spend several hours.

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #479 of 733

Viet, come by my table and I'll introduce you to a few people to get you started.  We can all hang out for a while and then see what everyone wants to do from there.  Ethan and I will probably be running around like mad for most of the day, but I'm sure we'll know some people making the rounds at the meet.  I expect that a LOT of people will want to go around getting their raffle cards filled out. 
wink.gif
  You should too.

Trust me when I tell you that everyone is really nice and super-friendly. 
smile.gif
  But yeah, come on by!

Viet has graciously offered to help out a little at the Desk so he will be one of the crew in no time!

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #480 of 733

Hey Viet. I'm an undergrad at UCI as well. Feel free to swing by my table and say hi!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back