Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Mar 11, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #451 of 733
All new members should come.  Warren and Ethan/third_eye are super cool and awesome to set this up for us.  It's true that all folks are cool and friendly.  I learned a lot by showing up last time.  Thanks Warren/Ethan.

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #452 of 733
  All new members should come.

YES!
beerchug.gif

One of our goals is to introduce new people to head-fi and personal audio in general!

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #453 of 733
I'll say! I keep hearing that no one regrets going to a head fi meet. Thats what convinced me to go! Heck maybe someone should organize carpools to help ppl get there. I would but I wont have the car that weekend. T_T

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #454 of 733
  might bring a portable rig too!!

Lol, there's no need.  We're gonna be surrounded by so much gear.  Oh wait, actually yes, bring it.  We've got those other meetings that will necessitate portable gear.

if just normal guys can go

Um... normal?  So we are... not normal?  Abnormal? 
blink.gif
  Lol, totally kidding!  Yeah man, glad to have ya! 
smile.gif

don't need anything but your ears! Plenty of stuff to demo. Just recommended to take your own stuff so you can compare but if you don't have anything, clean slate try it all
smily_headphones1.gif

+1, to everybody.

All new members should come.  Warren and Ethan/third_eye are super cool and awesome to set this up for us.  It's true that all folks are cool and friendly.  I learned a lot by showing up last time.  Thanks Warren/Ethan.

Thanks Sko0b! 
redface.gif
  Seriously, it's indescribably fun right?

BTW guys, one of the reasons why Ethan and I have invited so many exhibitors is to make sure that everyone - regardless of how much or how little experience - has a good time.

You see, for us guys who have been here a while and gotten to know each other, we see this as a chance to hang out with some good old friends in the hobby that we love.  But if you're new, you wouldn't know a soul walking into the meet.  By having a lot of gear there, in all price ranges, you're almost assured of being able to audition some stuff you're interested in getting.  And of course, once you do spend the day there, you're going to get to meet people and make new friends, which will make the next meet all the more special.

The important thing is that we just want everyone to have fun, in all the ways one can have fun in this hobby. 
smile.gif

More updates coming soon!

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #457 of 733
OK, zero hour is approaching fast! It is Wednesday afternoon here in Queensland, Australia and my wife and I have finished packing for our trip to the USA. The airport bus picks us up at 3:15 am!! I can't wait to get there and go to the meet on Saturday.
Only problem I have is I have to leave my toys behind and all I will have with me are my Beyer DT1350's and my FiiO Mont Blanc. I guess that will have to do for the trip. Who knows, I might find something I can't live without at the meet! Or better yet, WIN something!!! Man, that would be epic.
Anyhoo, I look forward to meeting some of you fine folks on Saturday and forming some new friendships. I will be the big old guy with the white hair and goatee looking like a stand-in for ole Saint Nick! (Well, a younger version). I will probably have my mate with me (who is my host in Irvine) and he gets around with crutches so we will be hard to miss! Say hi when you see us.
See ya all Saturday!(If my flight doesn't disappear!!) 

Cheers,
Swannie.

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #458 of 733
Tax refund came in

We're 10 days from the meet

RIP tax refund

As for online registers, I've told my friends to register via the link, and to let me know if they need me to PP them or pay the fee myself for them, so hopefully they got in

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #460 of 733
  OK, zero hour is approaching fast! It is Wednesday afternoon here in Queensland, Australia and my wife and I have finished packing for our trip to the USA. The airport bus picks us up at 3:15 am!! I can't wait to get there and go to the meet on Saturday.

Wait, swannie, you know the meet is on March 22nd right?  It's not this coming Saturday.  Just checking...
redface.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #461 of 733
Quote:
  Tax refund came in

We're 10 days from the meet

RIP tax refund ...

Grats bro. I haven't had time to file mine yet. The way my work schedule is treating me, I may have to ask for time off just to do my taxes.

If I end up going, I'm going to have to pay off my credit card first....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back