Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Mar 8, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #421 of 733
  Just got one step closer to clearing my schedule for this, i may actually get to go.

beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #423 of 733
   Quote:

Just got one step closer to clearing my schedule for this, i may actually get to go.

beerchug.gif

+1, and Jude's coming as well. 
smile.gif

I'm assuming most of the vendors bring stock of what is being demo'd so that if we like something we can buy it on the spot?

No, not all of them.  For example, Sennheiser is exclusively sticking to auditions this year (with a massive 3-table layout no less) but not selling at the meet.  However, AudioHigh is a Sennheiser dealer.  Maybe they'll have some stuff?

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #424 of 733
I'll post more details later but UE will be offering the same deal. They are also providing a UE900 for the raffle!

Thanks for the confirmation. I was just panicking that it wasn't exactly 20% and there were going to be a bunch of angry people looking for me at the show!

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #426 of 733

I'll post more details later but UE will be offering the same deal. They are also providing a UE900 for the raffle!

Thanks for the confirmation. I was just panicking that it wasn't exactly 20% and there were going to be a bunch of angry people looking for me at the show!

Man, lemme tell ya, you don't know what angry is.  At last year's meet, Audeze said they were doing 15% off.  I thought I heard 50% off and relayed that to a few people. 
eek.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #427 of 733

Man, lemme tell ya, you don't know what angry is.  At last year's meet, Audeze said they were doing 15% off.  I thought I heard 50% off and relayed that to a few people. 
eek.gif

I was one of 'em.  It sounded too good to be true.  It was.  I'd have gone home with some Audeze cans in a heartbeat at 50% off.

Mar 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #428 of 733

eek.gif

I was one of 'em.  It sounded too good to be true.  It was.  I'd have gone home with some Audeze cans in a heartbeat at 50% off.

I'm sorry...
redface.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #429 of 733
  I'm sorry...
redface.gif

I went up to the Audeze guys to ask them, they corrected it to "fif-TEEN" percent and I said that that made more sense.

Then I walked away with a tear rolling down my cheek.

Ok, not really.  I mean, I did ask them but didn't shed a tear.

It's cool, man.  No worries at all! Heck, even a fifteen percent discount is worth knowing about.

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #432 of 733
  Big thanks to Arthur at Matrix Audio for sending us the:

::whole bunch of stuff::

+1!  Thanks Arthur!
beerchug.gif

So, we're now less than two weeks away from the meet.  Yay! 
smile.gif

Over the next few days, we'll be posting a whole bunch of updates.  These will cover what the exhibitors are scheduled to bring, as well as any meet specials they plan to offer.  And of course, we'll be sure to mention any contributions to the raffle that they're making.

As a reminder, discounted $15 passes are coming to an end soon.  If you're planning to attend the meet - and have not yet registered - please do so right away at http://tinyurl.com/LASoCal2014.  $15 passes are only available until March 14, so all registrations and paypal payments are due by then if you want the discount. All meet passes after March 14 will be $20 cash at the meet.

And again, we're also working on personalized name badges. So once you register, please be sure to PM me your real name (first name only is fine) and especially your avatar graphic - assuming you haven't done so already.  Thanks!

With that all said, the next post will be the first of many, many updates...

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #433 of 733
7fb218a3_o2014schfm_hdr_txt.jpeg

Hey everyone, here's a surprise for y'all...

The Los Angeles & Orange County Audio Society (LAOCAS) will be at the meet as our special guest!  They're hosting a table next to the registration desk, where they'll be extending a special membership offer to all SoCal Head-Fiers.  This offer includes:

1. Full annual membership, with access to all of it's monthly events
  2. Special discounts for T.H.E. Show in Newport 2014, which includes T.H.E. Headphonium 2014
  3. And a free entry into the LAOCAS's own raffle at the meet, where the prize is... wait for it...

a new Grado PS1000 flagship headphone presented in a box signed by John Grado himself!

Oh BTW, the LAOCAS is holding it's very own raffle at the meet.  :)  Tickets will be available for a small and modest donation.  Anyone can enter, as many times as you like, but you'll get a free entry into the raffle when you sign-up as a new member.
278dd81b_o2014schfm_acc_sfd.jpeg
Want to learn more about the Society?  Just talk to the LAOCAS members at their table, or flag down one of your fellow SoCal Head-Fiers who are already in the Society:

mikemercer
Michael MercerSenior Vice-President of Personal Listening
[b]warrenpchi[/b]Warren ChiVice-President of Personal Listening
[b]jw111[/b]John WilliamsSenior Vice-President of Hospitality
[b]russtafarian[/b]Russ StrattonVice-President of Audio/Video Systems
ac3f4596_o2014schfm_acc_sfl.jpeg
In the meantime, here's a brief introduction to the LAOCAS (from Robert H, Levi, President):

As a music lover, audio, and video equipment enthusiast, you should be a member of our time-honored audiophile Society. Let us be your guide to the finest dealers and most exciting gear available in Southern California. Meet the experts and gurus of our fantastic hobby and learn about the newest, cutting-edge technologies to enhance your listening experience.

With twelve events per year, we cover all interests including the latest and newest equipment, vintage and classic gear, top mods to improve stock components, software and equipment swap meets, and latest in amateur and professional recording techniques. We also visit regional manufacturers and introduce you to the most knowledgeable audiophiles in America! All of the area's top dealers host our events in their showrooms plus special visits on location just for our members. Please take a look at our Calendar for upcoming Events. In 2014, we'll have Swap Meets, wonderful Raffles, Silent Auctions, Musical Presentations, and great Dealer Events throughout the area!

If you are an audio or video enthusiast and want the best insights into the world of both digital and analog sound, we should be at the top of your list. Our very reasonable annual dues assure you a great time and great fellowship as you learn about both the best deals and most extravagant gear in the world.

http://www.laocas.com
4d19e4cc_o2014schfm_ftr_txt.jpeg

Mar 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #434 of 733
Gary Katayama (Head-Fier: gkatay) is the owner and proprietor of Affordable Audio, one of the few hi-fi audio dealers in SoCal that has truly embraced our hobby.

Back for the second year in a row, Gary will bringing some stellar rigs that include a Baetis Revolution Media Server, Grado GS1000, etc.  But that's just the start.  Gary will also bring Kingsound's electrostatic headphones and headphone amps, and... the Chord Hugo!

Be sure to stop by Affordable Audio's table to check it all out.  And while you're there, please let Gary know how much we appreciate him being a local friend and supporter of our hobby. 
smile.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #435 of 733

Designed for mission-critical pro audio applications, and benefitting from 25 years in pro audio, Apogee's line of USB interfaces have earned a stellar reputation for their rich feature set, extraordinary design and build quality, and pristine sound quality (HiFiGuy528 raves about their sound quality).
278dd81b_o2014schfm_acc_sfd.jpeg
Joining us for the first time, Apogee will be bringing all of their best digital interfaces, including:

1. ONE for Mac
  2. ONE for iPad & Mac
  3. Duet for iPad & Mac
  4. Quartet for iPad & Mac
  5. Symphony I/O

So if you're looking for a pro-quality DAC/amp... of if you're into any kind of recording at all... you owe it to yourself to check out the Apogee gear at our meet.
ac3f4596_o2014schfm_acc_sfl.jpeg
Meet Special(s):  Exclusively for us, Apogee will be offering a meet special on the ONE for Mac.  Be sure to stop by their table for more details.
d293a072_o2014schfm_acc_slp.jpeg

Raffle Prize(s):  Apogee is contributing a ONE for iPad & Mac to our raffle.  It brings pro-audio accuracy to portable DACs, features an amazingly clean headphone amp, can be battery-driven, and can be connected via either USB and Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back