Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San Francisco Airport
Jul 18, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #497 of 521
Cool. I still have you down for 2 tables, is that ok?

no idea. You have list ofbequipment. If you think 2 are needed. Rather trust your opinion

Jul 18, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #498 of 521
  Couldn't remember if I had registered or not... but I am now (sorry if there's a dup).  I wasn't thinking of bringing anything, but I can if someone wants to host some bit of my gear.  Looking forward to tomorrow!

For context, I switched jobs about two months ago and am no longer at music subscription service Rdio (I still love and use them!)... the new gig has been time consuming (and rewarding), hence my vanishing...

if you want to put something on my table, I should have space for your gear as long as it isn't a Woo 5 amp with an Esoteric Dual Mono DAC...
  ... come to think about it, I'd love to hear that combo :wink:

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #499 of 521
  Couldn't remember if I had registered or not... but I am now (sorry if there's a dup).  I wasn't thinking of bringing anything, but I can if someone wants to host some bit of my gear.  Looking forward to tomorrow!

For context, I switched jobs about two months ago and am no longer at music subscription service Rdio (I still love and use them!)... the new gig has been time consuming (and rewarding), hence my vanishing...

Maybe your DT880 if you haven't sold it yet, other cans are welcome if you want to bring them to the Schiit stand and keep them there for people to listen to!

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #500 of 521
if you want to put something on my table, I should have space for your gear as long as it isn't a Woo 5 amp with an Esoteric Dual Mono DAC...
  ... come to think about it, I'd love to hear that combo :wink:

Hah... I don't have that combo... :)
  Maybe your DT880 if you haven't sold it yet, other cans are welcome if you want to bring them to the Schiit stand and keep them there for people to listen to!

Haven't sold them... but I left 'em with my brother in LA, so I don't have 'em with me...

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #501 of 521
Does anyone remember that guy with all the STAX that was at the last meet? Hoping he can come to this meet as well. If someone has his username, I will PM him to invite him. I hope he can make it! He even had the rare closed back STAX.

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #502 of 521
I found my Abbey Road Studios tshirt and that works for me. It's tomorrow wOOHOO! I may bring an USB cable just in case. Going out to get gas and reg fee/parking for tomorrow! Just wish I could afford to buy stuff, hoping to win Raffle though!

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #504 of 521
My luck has been really bad for every head-fi meet up..... I've been really busy the past few weeks and now I'm not sure if I'm able to go to the meet up anymore. So sorry for this last minute notification :frowning2:.

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #507 of 521
That photo is too small. You might want to consider posting a higher resolution version of it so we can tell what's going on :)

For anyone who is interested, I'll be selling my Schiit Mjolnir for $500 as a meet special tomorrow.

I'll also be unloading some of my dinky DACs:
  1. audioquest dragonfly 1.0 for $75
  2. meridian explorer for $150

Jul 19, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #508 of 521
  Just finished setting up the rooms and everything is looking GREAT!! We have 33 exhibitor tables, 14 member tables, and a dedicated portable listening room!! This event is going to be EPIC!!

Cool!  I'm travelling Pretty light:

Messenger bag full of:
Alpha Dogs, balanced and SE
PM-1's Balanced and SE
AMB Mini3 Lipo battery / high power, gain 3
iPhone 5S with Onkyo app, and some 24/96 music, and a CCK and USB A to B cable
Macbook air with a bunch of music, iTunes and bit perfect
Portable hard drive with a bunch of music
Bag 'o' cables, adapters, stuff.

Gonna try and stay till 4 and try my luck at the drawing.

If you are looking for me - I'll be sporting a Panama hat and a shirt with something or other about Down Syndrome ('cause, well, most of my shirts have something about DS on them…).  Outside chance I'll grab the Burning Amp shirt instead.  Mostly look for the geek in the Panama hat.

Jul 19, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #509 of 521
DINNER:  Max's Restaurant!  

Max's Restaurant
1250 Old Bayshore Hwy
Burlingame, CA 94010

Phone:(650)342-6297

START: at 4:30pm we'll start rolling in after the raffle.

First people there, let them know that you are with the Head-Fi dinner party of up to 18 people.

(The manager named "Azure" set it up with me and will be at work at 5pm.)

I explained that some people will come in after breaking down gear so we'll have staggered arrival.

BUT:  Remember to tell them we need separate checks and do leave gratuity please because it is a pain for them.  
wink.gif

We have an unknown number of people going but that was my best estimate.  
tongue.gif

Sound good?  Anybody in?

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #510 of 521
  DINNER:  Max's Restaurant!  

Max's Restaurant
1250 Old Bayshore Hwy
Burlingame, CA 94010

Phone:(650)342-6297

START: at 4:30pm we'll start rolling in after the raffle.

First people there, let them know that you are with the Head-Fi dinner party of up to 18 people.

(The manager named "Azure" set it up with me and will be at work at 5pm.)

I explained that some people will come in after breaking down gear so we'll have staggered arrival.

BUT:  Remember to tell them we need separate checks and do leave gratuity please because it is a pain for them.  
wink.gif

We have an unknown number of people going but that was my best estimate.  
tongue.gif

Sound good?  Anybody in?

Sounds great!! We were just 13 at dinner at the hotel so I would imagine we will have a pretty big group tomorrow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back