Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San Francisco Airport
Jul 13, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #392 of 521
  Is anyone bringing a Fostex TH900? I really want to hear it with the Chord Hugo! 

after hearing the Hugo with your HD800s (or were they Nobles?) that would be an interesting match!

I'm most definitely bringing the soon-to-be-released (2 months out) Glove Audio A1 (by @mgoodman /CEntrance) DAC/Amp for Astell&Kern AK120 & 100!!
The units' gonna be $599 - AND..

this has been blowing my mind: The performance of the Glove Audio A1 (using my AK120 as storage - like I said - the Glove Audio is a higher performance DAC/amp for AK120 & AK100) kills, IMO, both new AK players under the AK240 (AK120 II & AK100 II)!!

It's musical performance, as well as dynamics - both micro and macro - I actually prefer certain aspects to the 240, when running balanced (via 2.5mm 4-pole just like the AK240) w/ my Audeze LCD-2 w/ Fazor, LCD-XCs, or JH Audio Roxannes!!!! Now, it's too early to tell if I prefer its overall presentation to the AK240, which I was about to sell my E.A.R to buy, but even this consideration is FAR beyond my already-high expectations from CEntrance!!

You just gotta hear it to believe it:

and I'm bringin' it - so I want other ears on it!

It's got standard 3.5mm stereo output, RSA balanced, or 2.5mm 4-Pole balanced outputs!

This weeks been a BLAST!!
Good primer for next weekend!!

Jul 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #393 of 521
Here is an updated list of table assignments. We have a few tables of extra space so please let me know ASAP if you want space!

Table Assignments
Zashoomin (0.5)
amb (1)
linuxworks (1)
baronkatz (0.5)
JustinBieber (0.5)
SanJoseCanJunkie (1, sharing with calaf)
calaf (sharing with SanJoseCanJunkie)
peter_in_the_bay (0.5)
particleman14 (1, sharing with TMoney)
Physther (0.5)
Crashem (1)
mattering (0.5)
oakie (0.5)
No_One411 (0.5)

Jul 13, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #396 of 521
  Here is an updated list of table assignments. We have a few tables of extra space so please let me know ASAP if you want space!

All my stuff will be in my backpack. Same bag I take to work every day...

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #397 of 521

Table Assignments
Zashoomin (0.5)
amb (1)
linuxworks (1)
baronkatz (0.5)
JustinBieber (0.5)
SanJoseCanJunkie (1, sharing with calaf)
calaf (sharing with SanJoseCanJunkie)
peter_in_the_bay (0.5)
particleman14 (1, sharing with TMoney)
Physther (0.5)
Crashem (1)
mattering (0.5)
oakie (0.5)
No_One411 (0.5)

I believe you wanted to give me a full table.  but if there aren't enough half should be plenty, though it might be a bit tight.  

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #403 of 521
  I'll be coming. I've been looking for a good amp for my HD800 - is it okay to bring that along to try it with some of the amps on display?

of course!! You gotta bring it for that reason!!

My favorite amp for my HD800s?
By FAR the Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold - and I'm actually lending my unit to the Cavalli Audio table! So you'll get to hear one that's nice and broken-in!!
Think I'm gonna bring my top reference cable to for em - you should try your HD800s w/ my Double Helix Cables Complement3 dual XLR balanced cables by @scootermafia
That combination blows my mind on my HDs...

here's the amp & cables I'd love for you to hear (w/ Audeze LCD-X in this shot):

I always dug my HD800s - but listening on that amp, with those cables (and either my McIntosh D100 DAC or Unison Research Simply Phono tube stage
& VPI Traveler turntable as sources) brought my appreciation level for those cans to NEW HEIGHTS!!!!

You're gonna have lots of fun bringin' the 800s actually!
Have @third_eye give ya a listen with the Chord Hugo too!

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #404 of 521
Any details on the parking discount?  I checked the hotel website and it's $22 for self parking.  I did not realize inflation was that severe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back