Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San Francisco Airport
Jul 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #331 of 521
Third eye,

Quick questions:

1. How big are these tables? Bringing probably 3 amps and 2 dacs (all full sized or worse) and some smaller stuff. Two of amps have separate power supplies so I guess they can go on floor.

2. What should I plan on for electrical? I think I have spare monster or Panamax power center in garage, but that might not be enough.

3. Any thought on sources? Planned on bringing my headless caps zuma server. But my music is on my synology which would be hell to bring. I guess I could bring usb drive with some of music. Also, think better to bring monitor/keyboard/mouse or jury rig some hardwired network with laptop to use that as display?

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #332 of 521
Third eye,

Quick questions:

1. How big are these tables? Bringing probably 3 amps and 2 dacs (all full sized or worse) and some smaller stuff. Two of amps have separate power supplies so I guess they can go on floor.

2. What should I plan on for electrical? I think I have spare monster or Panamax power center in garage, but that might not be enough.

3. Any thought on sources? Planned on bringing my headless caps zuma server. But my music is on my synology which would be hell to bring. I guess I could bring usb drive with some of music. Also, think better to bring monitor/keyboard/mouse or jury rig some hardwired network with laptop to use that as display?

1, The tables are standard 6' size (72" by 30"). The tables can generally fit 2 rigs, but we will likely have the space and can set you up with 2 tables if needed.

2. There are plenty of outlets along the walls but bring power strips and an extension cord (likely not needed but to be on the safe side)

3. Laptop w/USB or external drive or Ipad is easiest

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #333 of 521
I'm in, finally will be able to make it and look forward to making more friends! 

Can someone tell me how to buy presale ticket? Just directly send money to opolione@gmail.com

btw, I'm looking for listening to AK240 or a good amp to driver my Sirens Roxanne, is there somebody using iPhone as source as well ?

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #334 of 521
  I'm in, finally will be able to make it and look forward to making more friends! 

Can someone tell me how to buy presale ticket? Just directly send money to opolione@gmail.com

btw, I'm looking for listening to AK240 or a good amp to driver my Sirens Roxanne, is there somebody using iPhone as source as well ?

Awesome! Yes, thats the payal address for presale!

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #338 of 521
Just sent my registration fee in.  I hope I can make it.

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #341 of 521
Everything is a go, I will have a ride there and can't wait to see everyone there.

deadhorse.gif
beerchug.gif
deadhorse.gif

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #342 of 521
Updated raffle list:

Mr Speakers - Mad Dog Headphone
WyWires - $1000 Gift Certificate
Sennheiser - Momentum Headphone
Ultimate Ears - UE900 Earphone
Oppo Digital - PM-2 Headphone
HiFiman - HM-700 DAP & RE-600b Earphone
Audeze - LCD2 Bamboo
Darin Fong Audio - Out of Your Head Software
Audio DNYA - IEM cable
Noble Audio - Noble 4
Voxoa - Voxoa HD Wireless Headphone

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #344 of 521
Sorry, guys, but I've a cliffhanger situation of my own that may keep me from the Meet:  The San Francisco Nihonto Society apparently has an Event scheduled concurrently with this Meet elsewhere in South San Francisco, which means, more likely than not, that I cannot be spared from work.  Requirements is requirements.
frown.gif
That, of course, means that my audition of those Sennheiser® medium-Z headphones will have to wait for another Meet, as Hastur the Yellow has informed us to also be the case with the Oppo® PM-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back