Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San Francisco Airport
Jun 8, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #182 of 521
I will be attending. I can bring a Grado RS1 and a SRH940, since those two headphones seem to not be on the list.

Awesome man I have been wondering what the 940 sounds like. Can't wait to see you there man.

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #183 of 521
How do you guys recommend we bring our own music to sample? :d my phone's audio out is pretty weak :s

Bring a mix cd, which I know sounds like something from the Stone Age. Or bring a flash drive with some tracks you know very well

Okay cool! I'll throw some on my usb key then :d thanks! Hopefully that'll be okay, I dont have a cd burner lol

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #184 of 521
Okay cool! I'll throw some on my usb key then :d thanks! Hopefully that'll be okay, I dont have a cd burner lol

Haha no problem if there is any one song I would get familiar with because almost everyone uses it. It would be Hotel California by the Eagles. And the live version.

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #185 of 521
  I will be attending. I can bring a Grado RS1 and a SRH940, since those two headphones seem to not be on the list.

tengen!!  How have you been??  Really glad to hear that you are going!  Did you paint that avatar you have right now?  Please be sure to catch me if you are able to, I plan to be floating around and would be great to see you.

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #186 of 521

tengen!!  How have you been??  Really glad to hear that you are going!  Did you paint that avatar you have right now?  Please be sure to catch me if you are able to, I plan to be floating around and would be great to see you.

Hey Cee Tee! I've been doing well - working, the usual boring stuff. My hobbyist attention gradually shifted over to building and modding computers, but recently I've been considering a Violectric amp/dac combo. I'm also going to be bringing a few friends along to this meetup party and throwing them in the deep end of the audiophile sorry-about-your-wallet cliff. 
evil_smiley.gif

Yes, I drew my avatar, it's an Ultralisk from Starcraft II. I'll definitely be looking forward to what shenanigans you've organized this time. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #187 of 521
  Hey Cee Tee! I've been doing well - working, the usual boring stuff. My hobbyist attention gradually shifted over to building and modding computers, but recently I've been considering a Violectric amp/dac combo. I'm also going to be bringing a few friends along to this meetup party and throwing them in the deep end of the audiophile sorry-about-your-wallet cliff. 
evil_smiley.gif

Yes, I drew my avatar, it's an Ultralisk from Starcraft II. I'll definitely be looking forward to what shenanigans you've organized this time. 

Oh- entourage time.  Cool.  Actually Third_Eye and warrenpchi are throwing this one so I am going to be roaming around this time like you!  
bigsmile_face.gif
  Nice to see some of your art...see you at the meet.

Jun 9, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #188 of 521
Oh- entourage time.  Cool.  Actually Third_Eye and warrenpchi are throwing this one so I am going to be roaming around this time like you!  :bigsmile_face:   Nice to see some of your art...see you at the meet.

CEE TEE,I havent seen you since the head-fi meet back in 2012 at the hilton at LAX. How have you been? Cant wait to catch up in july.

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #189 of 521
Being new to this, I originally wasn't planning on bringing any gear but am now thinking of bringing my Macbook along with an Audioquest Dragonfly (v.1.1) and perhaps BW P7s to use as a reference to compare to other set ups and also to compare different cans on my set up. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #190 of 521
CEE TEE,I havent seen you since the head-fi meet back in 2012 at the hilton at LAX. How have you been? Cant wait to catch up in july.

Awesome, planning to hang out!  Anybody who can/wants to go do dinner afterwards...I'm sure I'll be going and there may be more than one.

Let's keep in touch and maybe set one up for the back room at Max's Restaurant.  They were cool a couple of years ago with our needing space and not knowing how many people we were going to have.

I can call them and try to set that up for us if there is some interest.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #191 of 521
  Awesome, planning to hang out!  Anybody who can/wants to go do dinner afterwards...I'm sure I'll be going and there may be more than one.

Let's keep in touch and maybe set one up for the back room at Max's Restaurant.  They were cool a couple of years ago with our needing space and not knowing how many people we were going to have.

I can call them and try to set that up for us if there is some interest.

For sure! I would imagine there may be a group of 20+ judging from the last couple of SoCal meets. We have several reserved posts at the top of the thread that we can add names to as we get closer.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #192 of 521
I will be there for the meet. No table space required. I prefer to talk to everyone and learn as much as possible.

I might be able to bring a few hundred GB of lossless music on a Mac formatted HD for someone to use, if needed.

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #194 of 521
For sure equipment:
Lcd x
Sr009
Spritzer kggshv
Chord hugo
Eddie current 2A3 MKIV with nos rca black plates and eml solids. We417 or amperex 5842
Lampizator L5 with DSD. Bendix and Russian 6x5 rectifiers and tung sol round/hytron/rca red base 6sn7 tubes
Ps audio perfectwave if conversion kit doesn't come in time.

Still waiting on/might have:
Gsx MKII
Ps audio directstream

GS-X MK II confirmed shipped.
HD800 also
Maple Tree Audio Line Router Pro

Hmmm.  Anyone want to help me drag this Equipment to the meet?  Starting to add up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back