OfficAL Chicago meet may 21 2005
May 15, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #61 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
less then a week....pm your gear and if ur going to nismo96 pleaseeeeeeeee

As always, please request any gear you want me to bring besides the Philips 963sa, Raptor and varies tubes
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #62 of 81
Quote:

Hey AA did you send any to Todd's audio show? I was eating some really good tasting beer nuts their....mmmmm

Yes, they are various beer nuts. Bloomington is the home of the Beer Nuts company. There will be plenty of cashews, almonds and regular beer nuts for all. Billy will be getting two boxes of nuts.

May 15, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #63 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict
Yes, they are various beer nuts. Bloomington is the home of the Beer Nuts company. There will be plenty of cashews, almonds and regular beer nuts for all. Billy will be getting two boxes of nuts.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 16, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #64 of 81
Quote:

I will post the address later today to make sure I got it correct.

I know I've been there before, but it was last summer and my memory has faded.

What's the address Mr. Billy?

May 16, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #65 of 81
Billy,

Looking forward to the meet. As I mentioned to Ben, I'm going portable (again!). I am looking forward to the new Headroom amp/dac combo and listening to some tube rolled Raptors.

Regards - reynman

May 16, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #66 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by dariusf
As always, please request any gear you want me to bring besides the Philips 963sa, Raptor and varies tubes
smily_headphones1.gif

Ummmm, hello, your hp-2's, duh!

Seriously, i listened to your 1st set of hp-2's at the last chicago meet and those blew me away. For some reason, they sounded way better that another set of hp-2's i listened to, i think there is some type of variance between hp-1000's or something because yoru sounded unreal and the other set i listened was dead.

Sorry for thread crapping, just wanted to point that out

May 16, 2005 at 10:06 AM Post #68 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24

Seriously, i listened to your 1st set of hp-2's at the last chicago meet and those blew me away. For some reason, they sounded way better that another set of hp-2's i listened to, i think there is some type of variance between hp-1000's or something because yoru sounded unreal and the other set i listened was dead.

Ryan if you stop by for a quick second please bring the pcdp with you !!!!!

May 16, 2005 at 10:23 AM Post #69 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx
I will let you know soon. I have to re-read this thread and find out where it is, and I see if I/we would stay overnight in Detroit or Chicago? Sounds like Tyll is going to Chicago Friday night!

I think going to Chicago would be fun but thats a lot of driving from Chicago to Northern Va. on Sunday, so I am only going to go to the Detroit meet, this time sorry I will not get to meet you guys this time around.

May 16, 2005 at 10:31 AM Post #70 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict

I lived on those in montana man! thank you...for montana alone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx
I think going to Chicago would be fun but thats a lot of driving from Chicago to Northern Va. on Sunday, so I am only going to go to the Detroit meet, this time sorry I will not get to meet you guys this time around.

I here ya, hell I am scheduled to be at my part time job on Satuday at 2pm, oh well guess I am not going to work that day.

There will be more meets in the future, I really wasent into this one much (as far as planning) but I gurrantee you all if you all don't mind I wanna focus in on something bigger and better for the next time around. Nismo96 had alot of great ideas for this one but since we both were on a budget we just decided to do a plain jane.
I still wanna throw a meet at a lazy-boy store, maybe something with a theme (I.E. halloween time with a dress your amp up contest and pumpkins carved with the headfi logo), I also am still on the lighting deal as I was on the last one, I swear I will do a meet with some martins intoe....I need to!!
lol

May 17, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #71 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
Right now I'm sitting on the fence between making it and not making it.

If I do go, I will go pretty minimal, with only a PCDP or two, my iPod and one of my MD units (and maybe my old TAH 3AAA and my iPod dock). The headphones will be my Sony 7506's and XD400's and my Senn 280's. I will not bring any of my Grados or high-end cans this time around.

I'm in, for sure. I had requested - and got - Saturday off from work.

I will PM you, bhd812, for my finalized equipment list within a day or two. The above list is only preliminary.

May 17, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #72 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
I'm in, for sure. I had requested - and got - Saturday off from work.

I will PM you, bhd812, for my finalized equipment list within a day or two. The above list is only preliminary.

p.m. nismo man and thank you for coming!

your a mini meet in yourself as always...lol

and AA I got your nuts!...lol
dude's you have to see this big heavy box of nuts he sent us....your awesome!
dont worry I wont open it till the meet......or they will be gone..lol

May 17, 2005 at 10:29 AM Post #75 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24

I sure will bring them over, they are my reference after all. Maybe there was a problem with the HP2s you tried? or maybe it was HP3? I think they look he same. I will compare the two I have in a minute when my tubes in the Raptor worm up
smily_headphones1.gif
I got a pair of Tunk-Sol 5687 tubes in this weekend and had no chance to check them out.

Billy, do you still want to setup our Raptors for a tube shootout? I can bring over duplicate cables (outlaw) but I only have cheap Radio Shack splitters. We can hook them up to your Meridian and then we can have two HP2s or people can just switch a can's plug between the amps. I would prefer to set it up in the main room so more then one person can try and compare the tubes at the same time. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back