OfficAL Chicago meet may 21 2005
Apr 14, 2005 at 7:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
UPDATE MAY 11 2005
address is

removed on aug 31 07

UPDATE 4-25-05
I got a starbucks girl to work the meet so espresso and cappacino is on like last time.
I will get the address from my parents soon to.
p.m. Nismo96 with the gear your bringing so he can do a gear list,.,,

First off I owe a big sorry to all you headfi'ers for posting this so late, I was really Bummed about the no replys on the interest thread and the loss of some headfi'ers recently. This should no way affect you so I am sorry for any probelms a late meet thread may cause (if all goes well and nothing is planned for late july then I may host another....may is the word).

So this time I am working with a partner, nismo96 is his name and he rules, so check yourself ...(dont ask)

heres the info.....(taken from last years meet..lol talk about lazy!)

Its official

Day/time:
Saturday, May 21, 2005. Starts at 11am and ends when the fat lady says "yo get the mofo out of here"...there is no fat lady there so...no ending
(actually we can stay as long as we want, they are open till 5am on saturday..lol)

place:
removed on aug3-07

Rules:
Anybody is invited, of course any age can come since the meeting is downstairs and private from the public, you can drink alcoholic drinks but you will have to go upstairs and order them from the bar. If you are under 21 you are asked not to hang around upstairs, My mom should be bartending upstairs anyway.

description of the hall:
Ray and other headfi'ers that attended last year meet seen the hall them selfs maybe they can give a good idea of what it looks like, (its hard for me to think of it cause I have been there since I was a baby)
but their are plenty of tables and chairs and there of course is plenty room to have the gear setup so that you can listen and listen and listen without distraction. there are plenty of outlets but they are probably only on 2 or 3 circuits....this shouldn't be a problem this is a bar downstairs, since there is no liquor stocked there we can setup on the bar if you want to .....lol my espresso maker will be behind the bar, of course their is a separate food table to (I will visit a pizza place I know the owner of to see if I can swing some free food for us). pop and soda I don't think will be a problem, and knowing my dad and how giving he is hell probably make the beers free to...lol but well see about that.
also the basement has air conditioning and will be plenty cold before you all arrive, there also is separate boys/girls bathrooms so if you want to really listen to a setup in private then just sit on a toilet....lol

is this a mini or a full blown meet?
I say we just see what's people want to do, I will bring in equipment or ask others if anyone wants to hear something, like I said before as long as three people show up I'm happy....

What I would really like in this meet:
just everyone have fun....

and please note that no one here has to be worried about the meeting in the basement of a lounge, its legal.. and safe.

so reply away.....go now reply....lol
any questions? feel free to ask, and of course any ideas feel free

thank you all

nismo...get in here (he is handling the gear list)....lol I am way to lazy for that.

again sorry for the late post, I will reply as updates are in...ok bye

Apr 14, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 81
If anyone is also going to the Detroit Meet and wants some company for the ride to Chicago, let me know.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd love to hang out with the Chicago crowd again and I could always just take a bus direct from there home on Sunday if I can find a place to crash Saturday night.
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 81
Dammit. Yea, one week too late for me, I'd be able to do it on the 14th but not the 21st.
frown.gif

Apr 14, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 81
Awww, come on man... move some things around. I want to see this CDP of yours!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Awww, come on man... move some things around. I want to see this CDP of yours!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm already going to be back on the east coast by then, that's the problem. It's not a matter of moving things around per se, it's a matter of doing diddly squat in Urbana for about a week before the meet arrives.
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 81
Booo!
biggrin.gif

Ok, well I hope to see you at another meet in the future, it was fun hanging out with you an Billy in Chicago.
wink.gif
[And the other guy that was around our age... I feel bad, but his name slips my mind.]

Apr 14, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #8 of 81
I might be organizing another road trip to Chicago...I'll have to see how things work out for that weekend.

Apr 14, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #9 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
I might be organizing another road trip to Chicago...I'll have to see how things work out for that weekend.

If you do, I call a seat.
cool.gif

Apr 14, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 81
I was planning on trying to get back to Chicago around then to visit some friends at the U of C. If I pull the trip off, I'll see about trying to stop out at this meet--Billy, your parent's place is sort of Midway Airport, no?

Apr 14, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #14 of 81
Hopefully there will be another meet scheduled for this summer, I will be out of the country by the 21st and sadly cannot attend this one.

I do encourage those who can go to make an effort and go though, Head-Fi meets are an awesome experience.

Have fun everyone =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back