OfficAL Chicago meet may 21 2005
Apr 23, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #31 of 81
Put me down as tenative.
It'll be my first meet since getting involved in HeadFi.

-Jeff

ps. What was that about legal, basements, stuff? Is this head-fi or fightclub?
icon10.gif

Apr 23, 2005 at 12:17 PM Post #32 of 81
Got an idea, since we are going to have all these Raptors there, so far I counted 4, how about setting up some with the same source but deferent tubes? This way we can do a tube shootout. Right now I have 5 deferent 12AU7 tubes and still hunting. We can to some comparing using deferent cans, etc and then do a post on tuberolling the Raptor
cool.gif

Apr 23, 2005 at 1:01 PM Post #34 of 81
I will post the address later today to make sure I got it correct.

And dariusf I would set up my Meridian g08 and raptor in the ladies bathroom so we can do this idea in the quitest and most peaceful place there!
please bring your 600's and your hp2's for this and I will bring my Grado rs-1 (bowls and flats) and ps-1's for this also.
I have a rca spiltter on my g08's outputs so one can bring in another amp and do a maybe 30 min comparo with another amp in a quiet area.
how does that sound?

just walk in the ladies bathroom and sit on the toilet and listen at your comfort..lol
no wonder the girls spend some much time in the bathroom, they and secretly doing heamp comparos...lol

Apr 25, 2005 at 11:26 AM Post #36 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
And dariusf I would set up my Meridian g08 and raptor in the ladies bathroom so we can do this idea in the quitest and most peaceful place there!
please bring your 600's and your hp2's for this and I will bring my Grado rs-1 (bowls and flats) and ps-1's for this also.
I have a rca spiltter on my g08's outputs so one can bring in another amp and do a maybe 30 min comparo with another amp in a quiet area.
how does that sound?

just walk in the ladies bathroom and sit on the toilet and listen at your comfort..lol
no wonder the girls spend some much time in the bathroom, they and secretly doing heamp comparos...lol

"Wife: so how was your meet? Me: I spent most of it i the womans bathroom"
biggrin.gif

No problem I can bing in the cans and the Raptor. Are you sure you got room there for your g08 and two Raptors? I was also thinking it might be cool to have a few people at a time comparing the varies tubes and discussing the deferences.

Apr 25, 2005 at 12:27 PM Post #37 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by dariusf
"Wife: so how was your meet? Me: I spent most of it i the womans bathroom"
biggrin.gif

No problem I can bing in the cans and the Raptor. Are you sure you got room there for your g08 and two Raptors? I was also thinking it might be cool to have a few people at a time comparing the varies tubes and discussing the deferences.

Lol Won't hurt to try, I will see if I can get a table in there small enough for the gear and the people..

Apr 26, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #40 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
. . . And dariusf I would set up my Meridian g08 and raptor in the ladies bathroom so we can do this idea in the quitest and most peaceful place there!

how does that sound?

Okay guys, I'm coming just to bogard that bathroom!!! You may not remove the equipment. Expect to hear a lot of " I'll be out in a minute . . . . . ."
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #41 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
I should start a petition to move this thing forward a week to the 14th...

The Dynahi boards are ready for test. Callooh! Callay!
biggrin.gif

I concur. The 21st does not work out for me and it does not work for many others especially in the chicagoland area. We are missing out on some UofI peeps, and a good amount of other people who could make the 14th but NOT the 21st.

MOVE IT TO THE 14TH!!! Repeat after me...MOVE IT TO THE 14TH!!!

May 1, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #42 of 81
Unfortunately, Tyll and the HeadRoom group can only make it on the 21st. I really would like hear the new gear.

My wife told me the other day as a anniversary present, she would let me go to the meet on the 21st. Somehow I think there is something behind that suggestion.

May 1, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #43 of 81
Whats the problem, lets just do it on the 14th AND 21st
cool.gif

May 2, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #45 of 81
Man! I just found out about this meet! I am going to be in Chicago from 5/7 to 5/14 visiting the in-laws with the whole family. Would love to come. But Damn! I'm going to miss it by a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back