Odd bonus gift from an e-bay sale?
Feb 2, 2005 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

BowerR64

1000+ Head-Fier
I have somthing like 100 feedback on e-bay i think 80% are from things ive bought. Once in a while ill get some random "gifts" people throw in or leave in the box? I was wondering if anyone had any funny or odd "gifts" thrown into the package your item came in?

Things ive got: bible, pack of 54 Q-tips, random powersupply, jerry seinfield stand up comedy CD. I listen to the CD alot, i been using the Q-tips past few weeks.

Feb 2, 2005 at 6:26 AM Post #2 of 38
I just bought a CD changer on eBay, the guy left a Lee Ritenour disc in it. Haven't gotten around to listening to it yet, probably not my style.

Feb 2, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #3 of 38
i bought a movie, guy sent wrong movie, i told and he said keep it and sent me correct movie....and that movie was " battle royal ".

i got 2 un opened packs of cottons balls when i bought a car model, i guess he thought they were nice packing material.

Feb 2, 2005 at 8:11 AM Post #4 of 38
I always get tons of these squishy things made out of aerated polystyrene.
tongue.gif

I did get some guys opened mail from a collection agency.
eek.gif
I mailed it back to him.

-Ed

Feb 2, 2005 at 8:25 AM Post #5 of 38
a friend of mine bought a guitar pedal on ebay for $40 and when he opened the pedal to do some mods on it he found $200 hidden inside the pedal

Feb 2, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #6 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp
a friend of mine bought a guitar pedal on ebay for $40 and when he opened the pedal to do some mods on it he found $200 hidden inside the pedal

!!!

biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #7 of 38
I bought some opamps off of eBay (OPA2227s), it was 5 pieces for like 10 bucks or so.

Well, when they got here, I found not 5, but 12 opamps in the box. o.O;;;

Feb 2, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #8 of 38
I purchase a lot of old post cards from e-bay and sometimes additional cards have been added at no charge. I've also received a couple of religious booklets and calendars with my post card orders.

Also, I purchased an antique tea set for $45 U.S. and the seller was so embarrassed at not shipping it within 10 days of receiving payment ( she said she had been extremely busy ), she credited my paypal for the full amount and sent the items no charge. I still wound up recieving the items in less than 2 weeks from the date I paid. Sellers like that are rare.

Feb 2, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 38
I won an ebay auction once on a Vampirella comic book that was being sold by the comic book's editor. When I received the comic book a few days later I realized she had shipped me the wrong edition that was in mint condition. When I had informed her that about the mistake and that I would be returning the wrong edition she told me to keep it and that she would ship the correct one within a few days.

Feb 2, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #10 of 38
in the days before ebay, i bought a guitar from a guy off the alt.guitar newsgroup. not only did he send the axe, he sent a CD of his band playing the blues with him using the axe. now that's service.

Feb 2, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #11 of 38
I got a booger stuck to the back of a DVD. No extra charge either.
600smile.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
600smile.gif

Lol, what luck!! I would have hit the roof!

Sometimes when I order a CD off Half.com the seller throws another one in by the same artist. That's about as exciting as my free gifts are.
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #14 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
600smile.gif

That's snot nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back