Odd bonus gift from an e-bay sale?
Feb 2, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #16 of 38
i belive the correct pun was

"you sure picked a winner"

Feb 3, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #17 of 38
i bought an invisible car on ebay and then found an invisible stack of $100 bills.
etysmile.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #18 of 38
I haven't done too badly. I bought one set of headphones and got a free headphone stand thrown in that I really like (thanks jpelg)
biggrin.gif
I also bought a Sunfire amp and got a manual signed by Bob Carver. Nothing to write home about, but it beats having a manual not signed by him. I guess I have to track him down and kill him if I want it to be valuable and I just haven't had the time to spare!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #19 of 38
hmm, a cd player i bought once had some poorly recorded jazz sampler cd in it. then I also bought these unopened Neon Genesis Evangelion UCC Coffee cans (an anime collectible) and the seller threw in a photocopied storyboard of another anime (yes, i have sealed canned coffee from 1997
rolleyes.gif
).

yeah...i wish i could find cash in my ebay wins. don't you love that feeling when you find cash you never knew u had in jacket/pant pockets?
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #20 of 38
I've got plenty of those cell phone antenna booster things that dont work, 2 free HP optical mice, an old Dior jacket, and a Prada shoe bag..

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
I've got plenty of those cell phone antenna booster things that dont work

i get those all the time. i got one stuck to my monitor, another in my calculator (to make it "faster"
biggrin.gif
), and just plain all over the place. everywhere but my cellphone.

other than that, the best gift i got was newspaper...
rolleyes.gif
oh well.
but my uncle got a home video left in a camcorder once. he tried to send it back but couldn't. the seller just ignored it. i guess he doesn't want it back *shrugs*

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:54 PM Post #22 of 38
I ordered the eos 300d camerahouse and it came with the lens kit. Saved me a few hundred, nice!

Once I got a strob packed in some corn-starch-material that resembled cheese doodles, quite a snack after some added herbsalt
icon10.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

I've got plenty of those cell phone antenna booster things that dont work

Try rainbow foil instead.

Feb 3, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #24 of 38
This didn't happen on e-bay, but I have a friend who purchased an old house in an estate sale after it's owner who had been declared insane years earlier, died. Shortly after he moved in, while cleaning up the old unfinished basement, he noticed a string coming out of the top of an exposed concrete block at the top of the basement wall with the end tied to a nail. He tugged on the string and out came an old canvas bag filled with nearly $20,000 in old bills. This put him on a six month scavenger hunt where eventually he found a total of just under $100,000 stashed in various places .... mostly in old coffee cans burried in the back yard. All the bills had the old King's picture on them (we've had the Queen's picture since 1954) and were out of circulation, but were still valid currency. This occurred in the early 80's and at that time he'd barely paid $100,000 for the house.

Feb 4, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #25 of 38
My sister-in-law's new place came with a cat, (actually really friendly, it's just that if you're leaving, he'd rather stay with the house), and a horse. The horse was in bad shape and was put down. I don't actually agree with that because she was only 18 and there was plenty to try first, but not everyone puts a big value on a horse's life.
frown.gif

Feb 5, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #26 of 38
i listed today my sony playstation portable at 5 o'clock, and someone bought it already with my buy it now price! woohoo, paypal sent too

included is my package of oreo cookies, read my advertising skills here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESO:IT

(i figured since it's sold i can list my auction here without violating rules)

edit

right in the usps box, i've included a pair of unused cotton gloves(buyer is from ohio, buuurr), a pack of orbit gum, and a plastic fork for assistance in case his oreo cookies sinks in his milk

Feb 5, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef
i listed today my sony playstation portable at 5 o'clock, and someone bought it already with my buy it now price! woohoo, paypal sent too

included is my package of oreo cookies, read my advertising skills here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESO:IT

(i figured since it's sold i can list my auction here without violating rules)

edit

right in the usps box, i've included a pair of unused cotton gloves(buyer is from ohio, buuurr), a pack of orbit gum, and a plastic fork for assistance in case his oreo cookies sinks in his milk

Congrats on the sale, nice touch on the added extras.

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
when I used to sell I used to put blowpops and candy in the package aong with the item.

Never except candy from a stranger is what my mother told me.
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back