Ocharaku Flat4-Sakura Plus (音茶楽 Flat4-緋櫻Plus)
Mar 15, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #31 of 143
Thats the most interesting part from sakura version...their cable have 4 cores so its so possible to reterminate it to balanced / 4 pole plug..

Definitely wouldn't be the first. Some Kaede II's already had balanced TRRS released by Ocharaku :-

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/blog/?p=17728

Edit: oh, special only 10 were made.

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #32 of 143
listening for an hour already...VERY revealing, VERY good separation between instruments, low-mid-high each has their "domain" where they reside, not interfering with the rest...

i would call them neutral sounding

however as i've already have se846 i will compare them sound-wise...right now i can definitely tell that sakura has more expansive soundstage but se846 has thicker sound (especially in vocal region)

i will decide which trait is more important to me and will put to sale either of these

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #34 of 143
i can say that this earphone has godly reproduction of acoustic instruments

also, the recording mastering matters A LOT - compressed music sounds awful

i will post my review later when i will have time to compare with shure

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #35 of 143
Thats the most interesting part from sakura version...their cable have 4 cores so its so possible to reterminate it to balanced / 4 pole plug..

You need to ensure that the GND L and GND R separate planes go all the way to the Jack
A lot of earphones share the same common GND plane from the splitter pod to the Jack
So be careful if you decided to rewire them as you may need to do it from the splitter pod/join and not the Jack
This is how my Lab 1s were so had them balanced from the splitter pod

Thankfully nothing I need to worry about as I have 2 Balanced Kaedes already

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #38 of 143
So now my Sakura Plus extended (or actually Akazakura Plus to be more accurate) has had about 140 hrs burn in since I had it last Friday. I must say by now I've forgotten how it sounded like last week. Anyway, if one believes in burn in, hopefully it has settled by now and if one doesn't, well it's just been a 6 day wait.

I'm comparing it to the Dita Truths as those are my other dynamic drivers I listen to.There is a good fast mid-bass response on the Sakuras then the upper bass/lower midrange seems to mellow before coming back up in the upper midrange extending to the treble range. At least to my ears, I somehow wouldn't call this a warm earphone. I'll have to compare it again to the demo Kaede's to see if it's warmer than the Kaedes - however if I trust my memory from last week, I personally wouldn't call this "warm".

This is one speedy earphone though and with its signature, I'd even dare call it aggressive. I feel like I'm "running" trying to catch up whenever I listen the Sakura's. With the Dita's it's to me more relaxing yet not dull. But with the Sakura's I'm more on the edge of my seat. The instrument separation is phenomenal  especially percussions. It also sounds spacious compared to the Dita Truths which feel more intimate by comparison. However, I don't feel the Sakuras have much depth in terms of imaging. It's also quite revealing (but not to the KSE1500 extent naturally) - having a good source helps.

I'm still not certain what to make out of them yet. I wouldn't say the Sakura's are better than the Dita Truths nor the Truths over the Sakura's. It's rather mood and genre specific.

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #41 of 143
I was trying to look at their English section to buy one of their units, but I cannot figure out how?, anyone has any experience buying from them outside of Japan

You'll have to ask kadamian for that one. I'm guessing you may be able to get someone like Dimitri (Musica Acoustics) or Dopaminer to get it for you but I have no idea what their fees are.

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #44 of 143
Mar 18, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #45 of 143
@anakchan
Based on your memories, how would you describe about sakura vs kaede?

Just getting a chance to listen to the Sakuras for a bit. I had the Kaede II for about a year but these impressions are only based off memory and very preliminary first impressions (per usual, salt grains etc.). They definitely sound a little different. I went for the 30mm tube length model and had the 28mm model for the Kaede II. This may have to do a bit with the differences. The Sakura certainly sounds just a tad more laid back. I had a test track, "Ragged Wood" by the Fleet Foxes, that I used a lot when trying to dampen the Kaede's treble with different materials over the tube. With the Sakura the vocals on that song are a bit less sibilant and easier to listen to. The driver is new but compared to the Kaede the details/imaging are a bit more fuzzy and the bass, which was already too pronounced for me on the Kaede, seems a bit more wooly on the Sakuras. The Kaede's sound a tad more incisive, but that may have to do with their over cooked brightness. 

The stage also seems a bit more compressed and 2D on the Sakuras but it is very early. Aside from that they sound pretty similar to me. This leaves me more curious about the AKA Kaede. I also did all the frequency sweep stuff and their FR is still a little screwy. I think I got got by IEMs once again, haha :) I will post more impressions as I spend more time with them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back