Ocharaku Flat4-Sakura Plus (音茶楽 Flat4-緋櫻Plus)
Mar 11, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #17 of 143
I tought that sakura will be the most "warm" from ocharaku flat 4 line up...

Maybe so after the Sakura's are fully burnt in. Again, I had 8 min listens to each of the 4 and the Kaede 2's have been shop demos for a very long time whereas I'm quite sure the Sakuras have been shop demos for a much much shorter period.

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #20 of 143
So you say, at 8 minutes do you prefer kaede ii as its to be more balanced sounding?

To my ears at that time, yes. 6 months later if demos of all 4 models are available (and assuming the Sakura's get well tested during that time), my thoughts may change.

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #22 of 143
  I totally missed the event. Had every intention of going but no time.

I think they even offered discounts for earlybirds. I would have gone had I known that even though I wouldn't have understood the entire presentation in Japanese :D.

Anyway, my SakuraPlus has had just over 24-30 hrs burn in by now. I don't know if it helps or not but it does seem to be less "shouty", the upper mid focus seems to have dropped somewhat. Sounds more natural. I wouldn't call it "warm" (to me the pre-Fazor LCD-series is what I would define as warm). I'm continually comparing this back 'n forth with the Dita Truth's.

The SakuraPlus sounds more spacious when compared to the Dita Truths (which sounds very intimate by comparison). There seems to be better management to resonance of internal reflections than the Dita Truths - I guess that tube pipe does work. I wasn't so perceptive when I first owned the Kaede's ( Gen 1) 2-3 yrs back.

I would say the SakuraPlus is as articulate as the Dita Truth's except with the Dita Truth being more intimate, the details are more in your face - you can't miss it. Whereas with the SakuraPlus so far as it's more spacious, the minute details feel like they have more "virtual space to breath". Mind you I'm using the spongy comply tips, which to me in the past on other earphones has demonstrated to absorb a little of the upper treble frequency ranges.

I still don't know if I'd call this a warm pair of earphones or not. I feel that the upper bass/lower midrange to be a hairline toned down compared to Dita Truths, but not recessed by any means. Just comparing the two the SakuraPlus has a somewhat more "open the windows in the morning freshness" sound whereas the Ditas are more like the "late afternoon/early evening let's start the fireplace" in a closed setting kind of mood.

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #24 of 143
Hmmm. The Kaede remains the only earphone which I have missed after selling. Ultimately it wasn't balanced enough for me to want to keep (too treble tipped) but its ability to reproduce the timbre and texture of acoustic instruments still remains in my mind. It would be great if what they mean by warmer is actually more balance and less of a contrasty presentation, I would be very interested, even though I am trying to swear off IEMs haha. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #25 of 143
Hmmm. The Kaede remains the only earphone which I have missed after selling. Ultimately it wasn't balanced enough for me to want to keep (too treble tipped) but its ability to reproduce the timbre and texture of acoustic instruments still remains in my mind. It would be great if what they mean by warmer is actually more balance and less of a contrasty presentation, I would be very interested, even though I am trying to swear off IEMs haha. 

i, personally, don't think that simple switch to another wood chamber will result in "timbre disappearance"

btw, my sakuras have cleared the customs so i could wtite my impressions soon

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #26 of 143
i, personally, don't think that simple switch to another wood chamber will result in "timbre disappearance"

btw, my sakuras have cleared the customs so i could wtite my impressions soon

Yeah, I wouldn't expect that at all. I also would not expect it to sound all that different. The only thing missing for me from Kaede II was that it wasn't very balanced, and that made a lot of music sound bad on it. I am hoping that warmer actually might translate to a more balanced presentation and frequency response, but I doubt it. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #27 of 143
very_evil_smiley.gif

looking forward to impressions

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #28 of 143
  Yeah, I wouldn't expect that at all. I also would not expect it to sound all that different. The only thing missing for me from Kaede II was that it wasn't very balanced, and that made a lot of music sound bad on it. I am hoping that warmer actually might translate to a more balanced presentation and frequency response, but I doubt it. 

after so many years on head-fi reading numerous "reviews" and "impressions" on various of totl's i've came to several conclusions....will write about them when reviewing the sakura's :) stay tuned :)

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #29 of 143

My unit is still burning in, and I'm not listening to it when it is - admittedly I've been busy so I haven't had time to go back to it but by tomorrow 8:30 a.m. JST it'll hit the 100 hr mark. I'll give it a listen to it at night in between after watching my TV series after work :p.

Past few days I did give it a quick listen and at least to me, "warm" doesn't come to mind still. Possibly warmer than the Kaede's by a tad but I'll need to go back to the shop to listen to their Kaede demos again; maybe in the weekend time permitting.

Re-reading the Ocharaku page, I noted that the cable was also changed from 3-core to 4-core. So whilst I think the choice of wood would not make any difference in the long run, I'm wondering if the "upgrade" in the cable core would be the cause of the difference in signatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back