Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Jul 21, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #886 of 1,190
Please don't hate on me if you make it decision based on it. I liked it over the AK100 however it has few glitches that might annoy some. I personally like to see a revision of them with the same design philosophy. Also having got to try the other opamps on them muse01 is the one I felt is best sound, 627 was too mellow and lack treble detail and muses02 will honestly it was the same as 01 to me. 
I never got to try the 12V edition, I assume that is better?

Also I finally figured out today what your avatar is, gentle giant cover. 

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #887 of 1,190
I doubt that I will have to hate you as I sold my CLAS a long time ago to move away from mega-stacks - or so I keep reminding myself.

Yep, that is a Roger Dean classic, UK release of Octopus only.

Jul 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #888 of 1,190
Quote:
Can the Kaede owners please comment on how they like this track from their gear?

Not convinced by the recording itself plus the added sonics created by the place the piece was recorded in ("at the Hamilton Mausoleum, which many claim has the longest lasting echo of any man-made structure in the world. [The] Kronos [Quartet] perform "Tusen Tankar (A Thousand Thoughts)" during rehearsal")

Tried it with my K3003s and wasn't convinced, either, but I can see others appreciating / enjoying such acoustics — perhaps a better recording and I might actually enjoy it more.

The KAEDEs do a superb job on this one: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Haydn+String+Quartet+Op+76+No+1+adagio+Sostenuto/52u3J1?src=5  (I have always preferred the real sounds of strings, and here the KAEDEs render this piece wonderfully)

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #893 of 1,190

Not convinced by the recording itself plus the added sonics created by the place the piece was recorded in ("at the Hamilton Mausoleum, which many claim has the longest lasting echo of any man-made structure in the world. [The] Kronos [Quartet] perform "Tusen Tankar (A Thousand Thoughts)" during rehearsal")

Tried it with my K3003s and wasn't convinced, either, but I can see others appreciating / enjoying such acoustics — perhaps a better recording and I might actually enjoy it more.

The KAEDEs do a superb job on this one: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Haydn+String+Quartet+Op+76+No+1+adagio+Sostenuto/52u3J1?src=5  (I have always preferred the real sounds of strings, and here the KAEDEs render this piece wonderfully)

audionewbi, sorry as per music_4321 above, the live recording here on YouTube ain't the best and doesn't really show the Kaedes at its best. I actually find it somewhat harsh to listen to on my Kaedes actually and switched to my 334's and somewhat more tolerable.

On a different note, I've been enjoying Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" album with the Kaedes quite a bit.

P.S. no mocking my song choices :p.

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #896 of 1,190
Quote:
P.S. no mocking my song choices :p.

Now why would any of us ever do that.
(blasts the I'm a Barbie Girl song)
Nobody deny it, you all have that song
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #899 of 1,190
The one thing I've really enjoyed about the Kaede is that is better built than the Kuro.  Nothing is peeling off from day to day use etc.

These are definitely the strangest IEMs I've ever had.  I've been going through some of music_4321s tracks off MOG and the Kaedes are outstanding with them.  They sounds significantly better than using the LCD3s.

Again, my only issue has been that every once in a while, I hear a note or two that push me straight out of the music.  I still can't figure out when or why that would happen.  The Kuro did not have that issue.  I would have to admit that when the Kaede shines, it blows everything else away.  I was listening to "Attaboy" from the Goat Rodeo Sessions album and I felt like I was standing next to Yo Yo Ma.

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #900 of 1,190
Sigh.. with so many outstanding IEMs, it's making my first steps into headphones so lackluster.

My 202s sounded average coming from the C4s and the KAEDE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back