Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Apr 21, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #286 of 1,190
If you look at the tubing with just the UE tip on the IEM it surround the tubing (has more room). Although the sound will still be changed in some way due to the tips shape (the tips tubing is still surrounding the IEMs tubing. But using the Sony tips focuses it more (the tubing isn't as open and it has a curve inside it's own tubing). That all affects the sound plus the bends in our own ears as well as fit will play a roll on this. I guess I can't say the tubing of the hybrid is obstructing the IEMs tubing per see but it is altering the sound as it's tubing leaves less space for the sound to funnel through. At least in my case the bass is more elevated and not in a preferable way. On the 3rd ANV it makes it bassy which is usually a term I don't associate with hisound... Now regarding the sound staging I don't really see it as taking much of a hit. It does seem a little smaller for me but not by much.

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #287 of 1,190
I'd think, if you wear the UE tips without spacers, than you're actually wearing them with a loose seal, cause they don't sit tight on the nozzle. Of course this brings the bass down a bit, probably not a bad thing.

Apr 21, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #288 of 1,190
That's probably a part of it. But I also have a very good fit with the UE tips. I got use to wearing them over ear and at the angle I position the housing the sound is not off balance like it was on other tips. Still I was shocked that I was able to get bass heavy sound from the 3rd ANV lol. Never knew that was possible :p. But with all tips there's compromises. As I stated earlier at times things may appear a bit distant and in that tempts you to listen at higher volumes. I'm glad I did keep my UE tips though. I've never had them work for me on any other IEM for that matter.

Apr 21, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #289 of 1,190
Quote:
Aesthetics wise, I'm not sure if it's the monitors itself or the fact that it's used. But the paint from the tubes seems to have dripped onto part of the monitors. Either way, for a used product, I don't mind. 
size]

No that is it how it is supposed to look. Congrats, it is one of my favorites iems...on my ears right now.

Apr 21, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #290 of 1,190
For me, I love the Ortofon Tips for all my universals....

Whether wearing the Kaede over the ears or cable hanging down, I like a shallow insertion and light seal. I try to angle the stem either upwards or downwards so the sound is firing into my ear canals rather than at my ear drums. I find this helps alleviate the hot trebles to a certain extent for me.

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #291 of 1,190
I've found the stock complys to be best for me probably because it mimics the feeling of a custom that I so dearly miss right now. No silicon combination has worked out comfort wise for me because of the size of the Kaedes. But I guess that's find, the Complys take out quite a bit of treble too.

Also, do these things leak sound alot? I find myself able to hear the music leak out at volumes that are moderate. I would really hate to find out that my ears are getting worse rapidly and that now my standard volume is higher. In  that case, I'll tone down my volume.

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #292 of 1,190
Just joined the KAEDE club by putting in for Dimitri's last pair. I was very impressed with idsynchrono's SUI. If the Kaede are as good or better, and maintain those special characteristics, I'm good. Add in the fact that there are 200 in existence, the Maple wood, and the esoteric Japanese design, I'm a happy little "audiophile"

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #293 of 1,190
Yeah Ocharaku caught me off guard. I really look forward to them producing more amazing IEMs. If they can continue this innovative trend I'm sold :).

Apr 29, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #294 of 1,190
According to Ocharaku website, it seems that there will be a new Flat4 model to be announced soon.

"Flat4-New 仕様決定"

Apr 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #296 of 1,190
This...
According to Ocharaku website, it seems that there will be a new Flat4 model to be announced soon.

"Flat4-New 仕様決定"

This... This is not good for my wallet. At all :l

Hopefully it's just that Donburi model and I won't have to care as much :rolleyes:

Apr 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #297 of 1,190
Quote:
This...
This... This is not good for my wallet. At all :l

Hopefully it's just that Donburi model and I won't have to care as much
rolleyes.gif

Hm, considering the Donburi uses that Tornado Equalizer technology it's likely that the new Flat4 isn't the Donburi =|

Apr 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #298 of 1,190
Apr 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #299 of 1,190
OH man... that certainly does look like the announcement for an announcement regarding a new F-4 model! Google Translate seems to have deciphered something about April 30th? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back