Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Aug 17, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #376 of 430
Having tried over a few years, Flat4 Sui, Ti Plus, Co Donguri Shizuku, and Shizuku S2, I would highly recommend Flat4 Sui Plus. The entry Flat4 has just enough bass to keep everything more balanced. Ti Plus is an old version, and left me wanting more bass. I suspect the newer Flat4 with woods have more bass now, plus CNF dynamic driver(?).

Flat4 generally has the largest soundstage, like listening to headphones. It's marvelous with classical to feel the hall.

Co Donguri is a great entry into Ocharaku tuning. Mid and treble tipped, don't worry, has enough bass to keep me happy. Just reference the Crinacle graphs on Ocharaku and compare to other famous brands of IEMs. Made in Thailand but it's all so well thought out. Perfect cable, flawless build quality, Final E tips, I don't understand why Shizuku S2 is not compared to Final E3000 as an alternative flavor (bassy romantic Final vs. forward punchy Shizuku).

No such thing as a perfect earphone. Just find something that you like the sound. Usually there are compromises at every budget, it's the science and laws of physics that limit what people can do with IEMs.
How much do the FLAT4 SUI plus cost? Im a sucker for soundstage! Im using my IE800 daily instead of a modded M1060 and my beloved PM3(to hot for overears anyway).

I should compare the Ocharaku graphs with IEMs ive heard or IEMs that ive heard is supposed to be good? Is there any Co- Donguri you will recommend?

Paying 1000$+++ for an IEM i cant try is scaring, so need to try a co-Donguri first:wink:

Aug 17, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #381 of 430
Have anyone here tried both the IE800 and SUI Plus? Very curious about the difference since i habe ie800

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #382 of 430
Im very thankfully you reached out:)!This should be exactly what im looking for- in theory! Only way to find out is to buy one. What do u recommend to begin with to find out if i will like the Ocharaku sound? Ive read alot about the KAEDE series and trying to find more info in English.

Where do i buy the Co- Donguri's? Preferably i could buy used,but seems that not to many people have these iems.

Not much metal at all. I liked brutality/raw power in music before. After i got a kid ive heard some classical music in a video for babies and it sounded awesome and got hooked since then! And my listening session is usually after she has gone to bed and im not into the metalmood then:wink:
I'm not sure about the flat 4 series, but i think for th donguri series, best start from the discontinued codonguri syou hagane.
Its pretty rare nowadays. I'm looking for one as well.

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #383 of 430
I'm not sure about the flat 4 series, but i think for th donguri series, best start from the discontinued codonguri syou hagane.
Its pretty rare nowadays. I'm looking for one as well.
Thanks! Its not easy to understand these IEMs though. If someone buy a new FLAT4, they need to try before to find out if they need the AKA 30 mm or 28 mm? Hmm.. In another life i want to be japanese! Eating Kobe/Wagyu, drinking Ramune and listening to Japanese HiFi!:)

Aug 18, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #386 of 430
I bought Shizuku S2 from a proxy service FromJapan.
Proxy service? Like post forward service? Which did u use? Ive been looking at jauce.com and thought about using that one. Read that it is a safe and thrustworthy service, but it can cost alot-especially when bidding/buying at yahoo.jp.

What will you compare Shizuku S2 with? :) ive think i understanf it all now. All Flat4 are the same except from the housingmaterial,connector/termination and that AKA tech?

I just wonder that if im buying a used or new flat4,how do i know if non-aka or aka would sound best to me? Maybe measure my earcanal at a audiologist? I think the Ocharaku hunt has begun and i can already hear dollars/yen flying away!:) haha

Aug 18, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #387 of 430
Have anyone compared co-donguri shizuku with tin hifi t2 plus? Planning to get one as an upgrade from blon03. Usual tracks include pop, rock/alternative. Thanks ^^
Blon 03 is very good! Ive rotated Blon 03 an IE800 until my better half confiscated the Blon's and took it for herself! And she is loving it!

Aug 18, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #388 of 430
Maybe you can start with flat-4 keyaki plus, priced 85.000 yen.

Or the newest one, flat-4 kaede III, priced 100.000 yen.

If you really going to get a flat-4, it's best emailed ocharaku to ask for details specs.
They have 1 or 2 particular model which suit for taller human, 1.9 m up, in which the flat-4 has longer ear canal.

Aug 20, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #389 of 430
Proxy service? Like post forward service? Which did u use? Ive been looking at jauce.com and thought about using that one. Read that it is a safe and thrustworthy service, but it can cost alot-especially when bidding/buying at yahoo.jp.

What will you compare Shizuku S2 with? :) ive think i understanf it all now. All Flat4 are the same except from the housingmaterial,connector/termination and that AKA tech?

I just wonder that if im buying a used or new flat4,how do i know if non-aka or aka would sound best to me? Maybe measure my earcanal at a audiologist? I think the Ocharaku hunt has begun and i can already hear dollars/yen flying away!:) haha

fromjapan.co.jp

E3000: fluffier bass, more harmonics, softer presentation, muddled all the nasty details of recordings. Excels at piano, string instruments, or else good with everything

Shizuku S2:punchy, dynamic presentation, fibrous mids, reveals more about mids than E3000 relatively more ruthlessly, doesn’t forgive bad recordings like E3000. Excels at drums, cymbal crashes lifelike, excels at rock or pop. There is Ocharaku house sound mids, someone said they were elevated mids.

Summary: both very correct sounding, different takes on producing voices and instruments. Final is more mainstream taste and makes good background noise, Ocharaku I appreciate for letting me easily hear differences and nuances in a single voice. Final is not top at everything, but it comes together so well. Ocharaku, at this cheap price marvellously, gives me a good heaping of what to expect in TOTL earphones: detail, separation, slightly trading tone (but not much) for a technically more TOTL experience.

Final the comfy Lexus, not the fastest or corners best, but it combines into a pleasing experience. Ocharaku is like a race car that’s more picky, but when your DAP/DAC and amp, and recording is good it’s so exhilarating.

Remember buy clear Final E tips for E3000. It’s softer than stock black tips. Shizuku comes with clear E tips, I tried Xelastec but I’m unsure if it’s really an upgrade. Ocharaku listens and designs Shizuku with the stock clear E tips.

Hope this helps

Aug 20, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #390 of 430
YMMV, just buy the newest Ocharaku you can afford. Flat4 or Co donguri or Donguri. This company is striving for a sound, makes refinements as time goes on. The drivers are tweaked and new models replace old. So Flat4 also the newer the model, the more likely you get those refinements.

Don’t worry about the technology, think about what you’ll listen to the most, what mood you want (analysing or relaxing), what you value more about aspects of sound, and choose.

You aren’t missing out alot buying either, compared to TOTL stuff. Entry level isn’t entry sound no more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back