Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Dec 18, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #136 of 430

Have you also been able to hear the Flat4 Keyaki line? Impressions on those are rare. Even ohm image hasn't wrote anything about them. 

I suspect all flat4's share nearly identical sound signature - the drivers are the same, the only difference is cabinet material

I've had the sakura and now the kaede II the difference is really negligible maybe kaede II is a bit more even across FR...

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #137 of 430
I suspect all flat4's share nearly identical sound signature - the drivers are the same, the only difference is cabinet material

I've had the sakura and now the kaede II the difference is really negligible maybe kaede II is a bit more even across FR...
yes u r right but the new flat 4 keyaki is more balanced.

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #138 of 430

how is it compared to kaede?

I still can't find an iem that will surpass the ocharaku...akt8ie came close but the soundstage is narrower and has less air...I am waiting for a true new generation flat4 to be released not just incremental changes in cabinet size, etc...

I even thought ordering kayak ti plus but couldn't find and detailed info and comparisons to flat4 regarding sound sig

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #139 of 430
how is it compared to kaede?

I still can't find an iem that will surpass the ocharaku...akt8ie came close but the soundstage is narrower and has less air...I am waiting for a true new generation flat4 to be released not just incremental changes in cabinet size, etc...

I even thought ordering kayak ti plus but couldn't find and detailed info and comparisons to flat4 regarding sound sig
hey get the flat 4 keyaki. It is more balanced sounding as opposed to the v shaped sound of kaede 2 and sakura plus. You wont regret :)
Kaede 2 has the widest soundstage followed by flat 4 keyaki then sakura +

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #140 of 430
Have you also been able to hear the Flat4 Keyaki line? Impressions on those are rare. Even ohm image hasn't wrote anything about them. 

Nope.. haven't got any other Ocharakus :frowning2: I buy these from Amazon.jp or cdjapan if they do international shipping. Haven't been able to find any site which ships the higher range Ocharaku models. I'm really curious about the Donguri Keyaki, and how it compares to Nami and other twin driver models. Any insights on this?

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #141 of 430
Wow thanks for the comparison. NAMI's the only one i've heard but man it really has the most remarkable stage layering in the width I have encountered in 20+ iem. I probably should have held onto them but I already had ex1000 which were somewhat similar in tuning and still my favorite iem.

Is the ex1000 as wide as Nami?

Dec 18, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #142 of 430
Is the ex1000 as wide as Nami?

nah... it has a fairly open presentation for iem (i'm not great at picking up these detials though) but not the 'out of head' layering like I remember from NAMI especially in width

Dec 18, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #144 of 430
don't think anyone has this set up apart from me 
redface.gif

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #149 of 430
Thanks for that! you saved me a bunch of monies :)

Yeah I guess like NAMI was for me it could be a little redundant for you. Still I find the presentation nice with a good source, just doesn't have that "out of head" sensation in my experience.

Incidentally, I have read here the owner of Ocharaku was the supervisor on the Sony EX-series IEM project before he retired and started his tea & iem company, pretty cool :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back