Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 19, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #7,786 of 8,152
There are only cases If you buy the Ruizu from Amazon. They are selling It with a case.

Regarding the firmware I have no clue.
But you can upgrade the firmware directly via WiFi with the player.

Hi again! I just got my RUIZU A55, it works awesome, and the sound is nice, but there's a problem with the latest firmware. When I turn on my dap and select track there's this LOUD clicking sound and it plays track on max volume, the volume knob is not responding. This is fixed by selecting the next track. Nothing special but still annoying. Didn't you encounter the same issue? Btw, any finds on the case?

Jan 19, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #7,787 of 8,152
Hi again! I just got my RUIZU A55, it works awesome, and the sound is nice, but there's a problem with the latest firmware. When I turn on my dap and select track there's this LOUD clicking sound and it plays track on max volume, the volume knob is not responding. This is fixed by selecting the next track. Nothing special but still annoying. Didn't you encounter the same issue? Btw, any finds on the case?
Well find. It's correct that with the newest firmware they added this Bug. I have the same issue.

Hopefully they fix this problem with the next firmware update.

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #7,788 of 8,152
Hi all, I'd like to ask your advice. I'm looking for a portable dap, below 100$. Key features: has to be chunky, not a micro device, preferred physical buttons, no micro USB, at least 150mW output on 32ohm with a decent audio quality. Any suggestions? TIA

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #7,789 of 8,152
All I can recommend is the Aigo MP3-105/Mechen M30. And there are lots of cheap players based on the same internals, just look for players with a WM8965 DAC.

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #7,791 of 8,152
Thanks Elegiac, how does it compare with the Walker H2?
It's not quite as good, but it has a warm, smooth, pleasing sound.

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #7,792 of 8,152
Been listening to the Ziku HD-X 10 for the last week. It is a nice implementation of the CS4398 chip and has high quality sound. Spacious and with good detail, slightly towards the warm side with some nice thickness to the notes. Physically the player has a good weight to it and seems well-built. I have only tried a few IEMs with it but the amp power is good and output impedance is low as it drives low impedance IEMs with no issues (8 -10 ohms).

The Firmware is pretty ordinary and there's no user guide that I could find to get you up to speed. It's intuitive enough after a while but some things are definitely not obvious. It's reading and playing all files but quite a few albums don't play in the correct track order, so it seems limited to what tags it can read. The tags on these files all work without problem on a Hiby system (although I do have some albums that don't work well with Hiby also).

Battery needed a couple of rounds of charging up front but then it stabilised and took a full charge and is all good. I'm getting at least 10 hours play back from it.

The player needs a little burn-in up front. It's was not as transparent initially as I'd hoped, but after 4 or so hours of playing time, the sound became more precise and the clarity and transparency is now very good indeed.

I haven't tried rolling the op amp as yet, but others have reported on that earlier in this thread. Still on the plus side, this has a very good sound for the money, it has a high quality Cirrus Logic DAC chip and the original opamp is decent enough. The only con really is the firmware is pretty basic and doesn't read file tags all that well. Or it may read file tags well enough, but I haven't figured out yet which tagging system it works well with. Something to play around with when I get the time.

Feb 9, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #7,794 of 8,152
I'm impressed with what xDuoo X2S can do. Being ultra portable, it's great to bring around when very little carriage space is available. This little guy is a beast! Clean and punchy sound. Very powerful for its size, pushing 2Vrms through 3.5mm. Usable EQ. Cool colors on OLED screen. Metal body. Can be used as USB DAC with latest firmware. I think many would love it to work as digital transport to another DAC and output through USB-C port, but that's not the case. Very hard to complain though at the price point.

20230209_094912.jpg

Feb 9, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #7,795 of 8,152
I'm impressed with what xDuoo X2S can do. Being ultra portable, it's great to bring around when very little carriage space is available. This little guy is a beast! Clean and punchy sound. Very powerful for its size, pushing 2Vrms through 3.5mm. Usable EQ. Cool colors on OLED screen. Metal body. Can be used as USB DAC with latest firmware. I think many would love it to work as digital transport to another DAC and output through USB-C port, but that's not the case. Very hard to complain though at the price point.

20230209_094912.jpg
I think Xduoo makes great products and I'm especially impressed with their amps :beerchug: From my tiny XQ-10 to the XD-05:v:

Feb 12, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #7,796 of 8,152
Well find. It's correct that with the newest firmware they added this Bug. I have the same issue.

Hopefully they fix this problem with the next firmware update.

New firmware for RUIZU A55 is out now! The clicking noise issue is gone now and now it shows you channel info below bitrate info.
Also, it resumes play from where you left off after turning off the device, which is also nice.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #7,797 of 8,152
New firmware for RUIZU A55 is out now! The clicking noise issue is gone now and now it shows you channel info below bitrate info.
Also, it resumes play from where you left off after turning off the device, which is also nice.
Yeah the new firmware finally fixed the issues.

But the battery life of the Ruizu is really pissing me Off.

I think I'm gonne buy the Sony NW A306.

Feb 12, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #7,798 of 8,152
Yeah the new firmware finally fixed the issues.

But the battery life of the Ruizu is really pissing me Off.

I think I'm gonne buy the Sony NW A306.

Be careful if you are buying from EU, US, Singapore or Canada, the Sony A306s there are all volume locked with the high gain option disabled. So essentially, it is only useful for easy to drive transducers.

Feb 12, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #7,799 of 8,152
I'd get an A55, might be the last one that isn't a smartphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back