Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 19, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #5,328 of 8,158
The Xduoo X3 II is probably a better option these days. Half the price (it has been sold for less than $100 in 11.11, normal price in Aliexpres is around $120), same DAC, it also supports Hiby Link, and has lower output impedance, compared to the 4.8Ohm the M2S has. Also, Xduoo finally has correctly implemented gapless in the stock firmware. Here, @cqtek has the X3 II and he's very happy with it.

I think the M2s looks better though in both its hardware design and software UI. And headfonia's review says the X3ii sounds 'unmusical'. For $158 it is priced very close to the Cayin N3, which seems like a better DAP.

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #5,329 of 8,158
It sounds better than my Hidizs AP60. It has about 3-4 times more powerful than the AP60. It drives a couple of cans I have with ease. It plays some 2300kbps WAV and 2700kbps FLAC files with ease. (I have to rename all FLAC files to AAC files to it to detect).
So far so good with the sound. But that touch-ENTER-and-die bug prevents me from gifting this to my wife or kids.

Well that is a no-go for the kids. A friend of mIne got one just like yourself. He said the specs were different. They had a AK chip in it. The sound was very good though. Have they got different versions of this?

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #5,332 of 8,158
Which according you guys has the best UI + sound out there in this category?

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #5,333 of 8,158
I'm looking for something that would be an upgrade from my AGPTEK H3, my only complaints are software and how much of a pain in the ass it is to navigate through a lot of artists. It would be nice if my next one had better USB-DAC support (the H3 crackles when using it like this on windows 10), better navigation and a way to make playlists on a computer would be sweet too. Is there anything like this in the 100-300CAD range?

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #5,334 of 8,158
I was going to order a QNGEE X2 from Aliexpress but CKLewis wants the cost of the dap ($50) in shipping costs because its using a DHL courier. Another store wont even ship to Canada at all. Luckily, I dont need it.

I wonder if they are aware of the Canada Post strike or maybe the China and USA mail shipping trade deal is causing expensive disruptions.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #5,335 of 8,158
Hi the Mrobo c5, any think it’s worth $29 as a gym dap for working out not as a main player, it’s on special at Ali express

No. I've got one and it has far too many problems for me to be able to recommend it. It's only good feature is its long battery life and the fact that it is built like a tank (and weighs about as much as well).

Nov 22, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #5,336 of 8,158
Hi,

I've read a few hundred pages here looking for something to upgrade my Xduoo X3.

I started out years ago with a MK4 iPod then the drive died in that so I did an upgrade to solid state and rockboxed it. Years later after buying a iPod nano and being thoroughly disgusted by the audio quality I bought a Xduoo X2. That was replaced by an X3 quickly.

So it's black Friday and their are some deals on AliExpress. I'm looking for something which is probably a bit more powerful than the X3, I have tried amping and it's just too many things for me to carry. I like detail above everything, big fan of the sabre DACs on my hifi setup. Like impact, want something with a quiet output since I get a bit of hiss from the X3 with some of my IEMs. I've got under £100 to spend.

Looking currently at the X3 ii, Cayin N3, Qngee X2, Zishan Z3, various Hidizs, F.audio XS02 and the moonlight z6.

Any advice gratefully received.

I use a wide range of budget chifi IEMs and a set of takstar pro 80s though looking for a cheapish set of openbacks as well.

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #5,337 of 8,158
Hi,

I've read a few hundred pages here looking for something to upgrade my Xduoo X3.

I started out years ago with a MK4 iPod then the drive died in that so I did an upgrade to solid state and rockboxed it. Years later after buying a iPod nano and being thoroughly disgusted by the audio quality I bought a Xduoo X2. That was replaced by an X3 quickly.

So it's black Friday and their are some deals on AliExpress. I'm looking for something which is probably a bit more powerful than the X3, I have tried amping and it's just too many things for me to carry. I like detail above everything, big fan of the sabre DACs on my hifi setup. Like impact, want something with a quiet output since I get a bit of hiss from the X3 with some of my IEMs. I've got under £100 to spend.

Looking currently at the X3 ii, Cayin N3, Qngee X2, Zishan Z3, various Hidizs, F.audio XS02 and the moonlight z6.

Any advice gratefully received.

I use a wide range of budget chifi IEMs and a set of takstar pro 80s though looking for a cheapish set of openbacks as well.

Said it before but if you can get to £100 go get the shanling m0 from the likes of amp3 (10 percent works to bring it down to £89 using 10stay code at check out) amazon or hifiheadphones in the uk. No wait time and decent back up service afterwards (amp3 had one shanling m0 for £77 on box open offer a while back so might be worth keeping an eye out).

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #5,338 of 8,158
Said it before but if you can get to £100 go get the shanling m0 from the likes of amp3 (10 percent works to bring it down to £89 using 10stay code at check out) amazon or hifiheadphones in the uk. No wait time and decent back up service afterwards (amp3 had one shanling m0 for £77 on box open offer a while back so might be worth keeping an eye out).
What is so special about the Shanling M0 vs the other models...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back