Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jun 16, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #4,966 of 8,150
anyone know how the ZiShan DSD AK 4497 sounds like compared to the Revamp Acoustics Nuansa P1?

I'm starting to lean towards simpler is better and focus on the quality of the sound like the Tera Player
Things like the screen, UI and all the "extras" is where all the issues and suck on battery life comes from

My LG V30 seems to have all the bells and whistles most of these players don't have, like tidal offline and MQA
If you are on a budget and want something similar to the Tera Player, I will recommend Shozy Alien Gold. Black background and organic sounding.
Still the Tera Player is the best portable music player since 2011 in my opinion.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #4,967 of 8,150
Jun 17, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #4,969 of 8,150
Okay, i hope you guys can give me some suggestions...
I need a dap, my Samsung a8 is not satisfying.
I am looking for a dynamic player with Bluetooth, that can play loud also in Bluetooth mode
and takes an 128gb sd. I have tried the Hifi walker H2, not loud enough in Bluetooth and barely corded, flat unengaging sound..
Budget up to 250-300 use, any suggestions?

Dennis

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #4,970 of 8,150
Okay, i hope you guys can give me some suggestions...
I need a dap, my Samsung a8 is not satisfying.
I am looking for a dynamic player with Bluetooth, that can play loud also in Bluetooth mode
and takes an 128gb sd. I have tried the Hifi walker H2, not loud enough in Bluetooth and barely corded, flat unengaging sound..
Budget up to 250-300 use, any suggestions?

Dennis

Upp the budget to Cayin N5ii or go for something ultraportable FiiO M7, if you don't need Android. It has all the flavors of Bluetooth you can want or dream of.

Jun 17, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #4,971 of 8,150
Upp the budget to Cayin N5ii or go for something ultraportable FiiO M7, if you don't need Android. It has all the flavors of Bluetooth you can want or dream of.
Have all the HW and FW issues been ironed out?

Jun 18, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #4,972 of 8,150
Moonlight Box H1  3.png Moonlight Box H1  2.png
Moonlight Box H1  1.png
I'll be getting the new 'Moonlight Box H1' in the next couple of weeks, just made the order.
Looks promising and it's on sale. I decided to be the lab rat. Wish me luck and I hope I don't get ripped off. (my greatest concern is the implementation of the touch screen.)
I'll be able to compare it to the Mrobo C5 v1, and my memory of the Benjie X3 and Benjie X1.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #4,974 of 8,150
If I was looking for a new DAP that would serve as replacement for my FIIO X1 II, what would you guys recommend? I really enjoy my X1 II, but the firmware bugs are a real pain in the a$$. I was thinking about something within a similar price range (100-130USD), with comparable/better sound quality, Bluetooth, and decent looks. I'd like it to have a screen too.
I already have the Zishan Z1 and Benjie K3 on the way, which I'll use mostly for running. What I'm looking for would be my main, go-to DAP.

Jun 18, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #4,975 of 8,150
I'll be getting the new 'Moonlight Box H1' in the next couple of weeks, just made the order.
Looks promising and it's on sale. I decided to be the lab rat. Wish me luck and I hope I don't get ripped off. (my greatest concern is the implementation of the touch screen.)
I'll be able to compare it to the Mrobo C5 v1, and my memory of the Benjie X3 and Benjie X1.

It looks impressive, do you share the sales page?

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #4,976 of 8,150
If I was looking for a new DAP that would serve as replacement for my FIIO X1 II, what would you guys recommend? I really enjoy my X1 II, but the firmware bugs are a real pain in the a$$. I was thinking about something within a similar price range (100-130USD), with comparable/better sound quality, Bluetooth, and decent looks. I'd like it to have a screen too.
I already have the Zishan Z1 and Benjie K3 on the way, which I'll use mostly for running. What I'm looking for would be my main, go-to DAP.

Shanling m0 seems to be getting good reviews.

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #4,977 of 8,150
Shanling M0 or QNGEE X2

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #4,979 of 8,150
Have all the HW and FW issues been ironed out?

I had a lot of issues using it as a USB DAC during my time with it on the review tour. There are also issues with the custom skin of Android they're running not supporting certain use functions they didn't think people would use, like removing one's Google account from the device.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #4,980 of 8,150
Ok, Just ordered a Shanling m3s on Amazon France, it was 245 euro including shipping, 65 euro cheaper than the German site...
What are some good closed cans for around 100-150? I like a balanced, detailed sound profile, with bass as it is meant to be, not a fan of extra bass heavy headphones.

Dennis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back