Obscure Chinese DAPs
Feb 21, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #4,456 of 8,158
I'm thinking of picking up the AGPtek H3, which would be my first DAP outside of an iPhone/iPod. Has anyone else been able to try it and would recommend it?

I have had its little brother the H1for nearly a year now ... its an amazing sounding device was my fave for a long time, in fact ive returned to using it quite a bit recently, I'm undecided as to whether it sounds better than my Xunsound XS-01. lots of power and clarity, big soundstage, really nice solid device, be really interested to have some detailed sound reviews of the H3

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #4,461 of 8,158
I like the H3, better sound quality than my A50/H50 in my opinion. HiByLink is surprisingly good and handy. USB DAC mode is also nice and I personally think it sounds better than my motherboard audio but I could be full of crap. It also has a line out which I love because half of the time I'll be using this with my car's aux port. The interface is great and does everything. Some of my songs don't seem to work very well for gapless playback and play static in between which is my biggest complaint

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #4,465 of 8,158
At the price asked for the Aigo Eros Ten I'd say save yourself a bit and get the Shanling M1. At the $129 price for the HiFi Walker branded one, I'd suggest at least looking at the Shanling M1 at only $10 more with Prime 2 day shipping. Lots of reviews here for the Shanling M1.

Feb 22, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #4,467 of 8,158
There's one, rather negative, buyer's review here on AliExpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...7063-4a97-a912-17d8d255fa26&priceBeautifyAB=0
Hi. I have had the Hifiwalker H2 since December. It really is superb. Very well made and fabulous sound quality. Since the latest firmware update any reservations I had are now sorted out. It even makes ordinary mp3 files sound good! Also a friend has the Agptek H3. Very similar but the Hifiwalker is better made and comes with an excellent set of IEMs! You can get a very nice case, as well.

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #4,468 of 8,158
Hi. I have had the Hifiwalker H2 since December. It really is superb. Very well made and fabulous sound quality. Since the latest firmware update any reservations I had are now sorted out. It even makes ordinary mp3 files sound good! Also a friend has the Agptek H3. Very similar but the Hifiwalker is better made and comes with an excellent set of IEMs! You can get a very nice case, as well.
The Aigo version is cheaper on Joybuy, but doesn't include IEMs.
https://www.joybuy.com/600195259.html?isActivitying=false

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #4,469 of 8,158
Feb 22, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #4,470 of 8,158
I'm surprised about a poor review, you might like to read my Amazon uk review of the Hifi Walker H2 posted under the name "The Dood". Reviews there are much more positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back