Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 8, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #4,186 of 8,143
F. Audio’s first DAP Xunsound XS01 which uses the AK4490 chip supports switchable filters as well. So probably they will implement it in a future firmware release.
Faudio FA1 case is write XUNSOUND on it, so i'm quite confuse it do not have switchable filter as its a more ''hi fi'' model....still really fascinate by this strange DAP from another planet...like...I understand too that some people do not like it, especially if they listen to bad music like mainstream rap or have unilateral taste that don't give lot of flexibility to musicality testing. Now I listen to APE files and I must conclude its like listening another player, this AK chip really read files in a strange way, no joke here, not sure flac is his favorite specialty, more like Wav and Ape and Hires flac (did not try DSD or PCM). Sometime this player blow my mind and other time it make me indifferent. Right now, it blow my mind, because it have dynamic it lack with some flac file. Sometime it read music in a such detailed but linear way that its hard to feel the sound, your just sitting and miraculously have boring absolute ears. All this is not negative because this DAP fascinate, its magical, but I wish to have more freedom about sound like gain, filters and perhaps a real line out. Anyway, i'm utterly curious to hear how this ovni will sound with balanced out!
Another aspect is very slow charging time, and perhaps a special charger is needed as its state output shuld be 2A...and must phone or DAP charhe are less than 1A....wonder why they did not include one.
hehe, when I discover how extremely good it sound with the first APE album I listen I was like: MUST covnert all my albums into APE! Hum...not sure I will do, just have like 1G out of 2000G that is APE, sigh.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #4,188 of 8,143
Save your money, I bought this and cannot use it due to the loud pop/click between tracks, louder than the music I'm playing. I'm praying new firmware would sort it out but am still waiting
Did you order the Rice Crispies version? Snap, crackle, Pop.

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #4,190 of 8,143
What he said.
So you can't choose what to listen to, or find anything.

However, I'm listening to my Zishan Z1 a lot at the moment.
I put about 10 lp's on and then I can keep track of things.
It does sound really good.
Warmer, more rounded and less clinical than my other players such as my Fiio x1 1st gen..
I haven't got anything expensive or particularly fine.

Jan 10, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #4,191 of 8,143
I know we keep hearing how the 'typical' Chinese user of these DAPs only plays songs and never albums whenever there's a discussion about gapless playback. But until now I never put that together with the large number of headless players (and those that just display info but not album art). If all you listen to is singles which means you're always using the shuffle function then there really isn't any need for a display. Where's that Homer emoji when I need it? :astonished:

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #4,192 of 8,143
Yep, think of the original IPod shuffle that everybody said would never work when it first came out. Turned out to be one of Apples best selling I-pods. There are a lot of people that just want a random mix of music and as little fiddling with a player as possible (Me when at work for example) and for them the headless players fit the bill.

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #4,195 of 8,143
What's the best DAP I can get for around 130€?

Shanling M1 or Cayin N3. Cayin has a bit better output stage but is larger by about double. M1 is about 2 inches square while the Cayin is about 4 inches tall and slightly over 2 wide. If you do get the N3, get the leather case as it is a lifesaver to keep you from hitting buttons inadvertently.

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #4,196 of 8,143
Jan 10, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #4,197 of 8,143
What do you mean by headlessness?

headless.gif

Jan 11, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #4,198 of 8,143
To both these posts, I'd just add enough money to reach FiiO X1 first edition, or Shanling M2s, either would be pretty sweet and issue-free.

I have a Shanling M1 which is excellent except for its battery life which is very poor. The M2 is quoted as having the same life as the M1 so I am not keen. The AGPTEK H3, at two thirds of the price of the M2, claims to have twice the battery life which is why it interested me but I would like some more info. I know it does gapless (a deal breaker for me) but does it auto resume for example?

Jan 11, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #4,200 of 8,143
I have a Shanling M1 which is excellent except for its battery life which is very poor. The M2 is quoted as having the same life as the M1 so I am not keen. The AGPTEK H3, at two thirds of the price of the M2, claims to have twice the battery life which is why it interested me but I would like some more info. I know it does gapless (a deal breaker for me) but does it auto resume for example?

M2s has a fairly good battery life, about 10 hours or so, like any DAP I have / had.

Besides battery life, there is a lot ot consider when buying a DAP, and I doubht that agptek has the software support, or the warranty of M2s.

So the M2s are supposed to be better than the Cayin N3?

This I cannot answer because I haven' tested N3 from Cayin, but M2s is a sweet DAP that just works.

Cayin should be pretty good as well actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back