Obscure Chinese DAPs
Aug 5, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #3,197 of 8,152
When people found problems with the x3 firmware, xduoo basically just threw up their hands and didn't fix it. Lucky Rockbox was ported.

You have summed it up perfectly.

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #3,199 of 8,152
I'm very gentle too and I had hardly used it.
Ik opened it up (1 screw, easy) but the switches are attached very badly.There was nothing I could do.
Sending it back takes ages and is always a risk.
Maybe they added a different DAC but I for one will stay far from everything that looks like the same as the IQQ C18 and I'm sure this Saomai will be built on the same board.
I'll hope you are more lucky.

Edit : the power button just broke off too :frowning2:
Now I can only start it by plugging in the power cable and am not able to change the volume.
I just noticed the shuffle doesn't (re)shuffle. The sequence of tracks offered is exactly the same as yesterday's.
Worst buy ever.
Can you post some pictures? Has the button broken off or the actual electronic button?

Aug 6, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #3,200 of 8,152
Can you post some pictures? Has the button broken off or the actual electronic button?
Sorry, no. I won't open it again.
The switches completely broke off.
They are very small and the pressure comes from the side so it's no wonder. Only a little solder is keeping them from breaking off.
Bad design.

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #3,201 of 8,152
Some very early impressions of the ATC HDA-DP20:

Build quality is really nice, buttons and scroll wheels work well. Screen is sharp and clear, album art looks good. Navigation is decent but not great - this might change with more familiarity. UI is fast and responsive with no input lag or sluggishness. Sound is detailed with good soundstage - won't talk too much about sound yet though. Can also be used as an external DAC but haven't tested that or the line/coax out yet. Still early like I said so take this with a grain of salt but I think I'm going to like it.
DSC_0056.JPG

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #3,202 of 8,152
Some very early impressions of the ATC HDA-DP20:

Build quality is really nice, buttons and scroll wheels work well. Screen is sharp and clear, album art looks good. Navigation is decent but not great - this might change with more familiarity. UI is fast and responsive with no input lag or sluggishness. Sound is detailed with good soundstage - won't talk too much about sound yet though. Can also be used as an external DAC but haven't tested that or the line/coax out yet. Still early like I said so take this with a grain of salt but I think I'm going to like it.

That's a nice looking DAP.

Bluetooth? How many card slots? Does it support saving multiple custom EQ profiles?

Aug 7, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #3,203 of 8,152
That's a nice looking DAP.

Bluetooth? How many card slots? Does it support saving multiple custom EQ profiles?
It seems to be the same as the xuelin ihifi 990 but with some tweaks to the build and chassis.

No Bluetooth. Only 1 custom EQ. But the sound is fantastic.

Aug 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #3,209 of 8,152
Really difficult to say, but looks like it's the only way to navigate. The hardware also seems to be pretty decent, and they announce an impressive (for this type of player) 138mW. Anyway, I'm still more inclined towards the A50.
I do like the A50 but I feel it has an issue in the frequency response above 10kHz. I didn't add this image in my review because I wasn't certain if there was something wrong with my measurements but there does seem to be a total drop-off at that point.

Spectrum.png

Aug 12, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,210 of 8,152
Really difficult to say, but looks like it's the only way to navigate. The hardware also seems to be pretty decent, and they announce an impressive (for this type of player) 138mW. Anyway, I'm still more inclined towards the A50.
I have seen this one over a month ago but I don't like the looks of it. I am quite happy with the A50 and an M1 is on it's way from JoyBuy (only $95).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back