Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jul 5, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #6,136 of 8,150
I have the D20 and it is a good little dap, works very well.

thanks for reply,bought from amazon for £33 also bought an player called hommie. will listen to both and send the loser back.also have hidizs ap100 and ap60 11 both are good machines and 2 sansa clips which i have had for years and would never part with.they still hold a decent charge.i try to rotate my players i dont have a lot of music.i only collect music by liquid mind(chuck wild).used to be a great fan of tangerine dream,but i am nearly 70 and now prefer quieter music. sorry for rambling madnanny1

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #6,137 of 8,150
Hi, still no feedback on F.AUDIO FA2?

It seems to have a lot of qualities (to me at least) with usb-c, ak4497eq and balanced out for the price, there's not much of those around if any, but if we don't even know if the interface can be switched to english that's kind of difficult to justify throwing 200$ at it blindly

Jul 5, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #6,139 of 8,150
There is one small review in Russian for the fa2, the main complaint is the the low end is very weak and the highs very strong, they don't recommend unless you prefer that style sound

Jul 5, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #6,140 of 8,150
Ok thanks, that doesn't seem worth it over the zishan DSD pro then, I'm in the process of not buying anything new if it doesn't have usb-c, and trying to replace what I can, but I can live with a USB-c to micro-usb adapter for charging while traveling until something more convincing comes out then.

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #6,141 of 8,150
Hi!! My T6 had repeated failures (unexpected stop when playing) then I decided to update the firmware as a try to fix the problem. First I read your first thread about T6 frmw update and decided to update to version 1.2. The update procedure ran fine, but the player boot began to show BENJIE and AGPTEK logos in sequence and reboot continuously. After that, I tried to boot the firmware version 1.05b from AGPTEK USA. After several tries I had success, the T6 is running apparently fine now, but with both logos again and a poor AGPTEK interface. Is there any notice about T6 (built in 2017) AGPTEK ver. 1.2 incompatibility? Do you have copy of BENJIE original firmwares? Best regards and thanks for your help !!!!

Jul 8, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #6,142 of 8,150
I have finally received the F.Audio XS03. I have many things to think about it. But I can't give any feeling about it now. I haven't been able to test it with the right headphones. I have a good afternoon of testing left.

I'll try to write a full review of it. I just hope it lives up to my expectations.

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #6,143 of 8,150
Again, terribly disappointed!!!!
When I tried the F.Audio XS03 for the first time I noticed that it lacked bass, I wanted to believe that it was because of the IEMS I had used. But that's not true. The graphics leave no room for doubt:

F.Audio XS03.png

6dB between 20Hz and 100Hz is a beastly loss in bass. I can't admit it, a player must have a flat response!
90€ thrown away. I don't care about the rest of the sound. On top of that the equalizer doesn't increase the gain on bass, it just dirties and transforms the signal.

:tired_face::triumph::sob::sob::sob:

It happened to me before with the Ziku HD-X10:

Ziku HD-X10.png

The only good thing that has happened to me lately has been to buy an old AGPTek IMP for 16€! That at least has a sufficiently flat frequency response:

AGPTEK IMP.png

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #6,144 of 8,150
Again, terribly disappointed!!!!
When I tried the F.Audio XS03 for the first time I noticed that it lacked bass, I wanted to believe that it was because of the IEMS I had used. But that's not true. The graphics leave no room for doubt:

6dB between 20Hz and 100Hz is a beastly loss in bass. I can't admit it, a player must have a flat response!
90€ thrown away. I don't care about the rest of the sound. On top of that the equalizer doesn't increase the gain on bass, it just dirties and transforms the signal.

:tired_face::triumph::sob::sob::sob:

Can you return it? Was it falsely advertised to claim that it had good bass?

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #6,145 of 8,150
Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #6,150 of 8,150
And why people call it Obscure Chinese DAP?

It just means that this thread is about DAPs that not very many people know about. So we share new discoveries or try to find out more about unknown DAPs. Or, really, just Chinese DAPs in general.

obscure definition: 1. not known to many people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back