Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 28, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #5,539 of 8,143
S3 i9300 still unbeatable especially when amped it sounds neautral when you increase its slew rate which is just amazing considering their is nothing else on the market that can keep the sound balanced like that on any amp thats thrown at it for $50 loool. Haaaaah. The amp it uses has a small version of line drivers built into it which means that it will balance your headphones out. I always wished they would of put the wm1811 and Max4409 on something else besides a cell phone.

I had an s3.
Shame i sold it way back in time, atm i would have a good "portable device" with android.
I think i'm gonna stick with my s5 for some more time.

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #5,542 of 8,143
hey guys need some help.

planning to buy xduoo x20, any owners here? any problems with it?, if you guys could suggest other better daps around 200$ i would appreciate it.

I'm using the x20 as my main dap and I'm very happy with it. very detailed and neutral, excellent treble extension. if that's the kind of sound you're looking for it should serve you well, if you're after strong bass or a big soundstage you'll want to look elsewhere.

save for some very minor niggles the default UI is quite good, and there's a very usable rockbox port, too. posted some impressions here a while back:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...duoo-are-on-fire.867522/page-19#post-14484910

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #5,544 of 8,143
oh...not sure I should came back here...as nothing excite me more than DAP and I just finally buy the ZIKU HK-X9, make so much time was eying it. And feedback are good and well my Xduoo X3 with same dac chip is at its last breath (2H battery life now).

Anybody here have it????

Feb 1, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #5,546 of 8,143
ive watched Porta_Fi's review on the xduoo x20, says the mids and treble is recessed and resolution is good but not superb,
that makes me wonder if they gave it time to burn in cause that's how mine sounded for the first day or so. did a total 180 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back