Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 15, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #2,476 of 8,152
its better. to my ears its a little box of magic, a very detailed and 3d holographic experience . I cannot enthuse enough about it. much more so than the Colorfly, which I often thought sounded a bit thin even with amp added. the Sansa Clips sound a little congested to my ears these days.

I have just spent several months listening to the Pink Floyd Early Years box set and I am going to have to listen to it all over again because I am hearing details that were only hinted at before. guitars sound amazing on this thing.

I agree that agptek h01 is an excellent player. The only thing I could find fault with was the less than optimised UI.
The only thing I have been able to find to beat it under €200 is the Zishan DSD.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #2,479 of 8,152
Anyone heard about this player? seems quite cheap, with 16gb internal and DAC, any opinion? I have an Onn W7 which is great for the use in mobility, but I'd like to purchase also something more solid and detailed for lossless music to use when at home

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ohlees-Lossless-Headphone-Amplifier-Digital/dp/B01N9BUX9F

On Aliexpress, irt goes under "Saomai" for about the same price

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #2,480 of 8,152
  I am interested in Mrobo too. Do you have the new version (version 2.0)? And is it an improvement over SanDisk Clip as far as SQ is considered?

I have KZ ZS3, KZ ZST, HD 598 and planning to get MEMT X5 soon. I mainly listen to chillout trance, trap music etc and like good bass and less bright sound signature. Do you think Mrobo is a good option for me at $50?

Not really sure, ordered it aa month ago so I'm assuming I have the old model but still with bass heavy KZ's it's a nice player for the price. Even if someone does not like it the thing makes a nice paper weight on your desk
blink.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #2,482 of 8,152
Can anyone recommend a cheap one with 2.5mm TRRS output? My HM700 which I got as a gift needs to be sent back to Hifiman for the second time 
frown.gif

is aune m1s the cheapest? hopefully there is one cheaper...?

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #2,483 of 8,152
  Anyone heard about this player? seems quite cheap, with 16gb internal and DAC, any opinion? I have an Onn W7 which is great for the use in mobility, but I'd like to purchase also something more solid and detailed for lossless music to use when at home

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ohlees-Lossless-Headphone-Amplifier-Digital/dp/B01N9BUX9F

On Aliexpress, irt goes under "Saomai" for about the same price

It is benjie T1 http://www.head-fi.org/t/805115/benjie-s5-offical-thread/105#post_12725663

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #2,484 of 8,152
  I am wondering at a $50 price point, do any of these DAPs really have a better SQ than something like a SanDisk Clip+?

PS: I am very interested in Mrobo C5 version 2 because of the low price and excellent battery life, though I wish it had bluetooth capability too. Waiting eagerly for a review! 

The Benjie S5 is light years better than the Clip+. I wonder if the MrRobo is better then the S5?

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #2,485 of 8,152
As far as a <$50 DAP I'd go with a Colorfly C3:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have just ordered 3 sub $30 DAP's and can't even remember which ones outside the Benjie 5 (recently gave mine to a musicless buddy) and I already have the Mrobo and love it with all those bassy KZ's:smile:

Colorfly C3 is better then MrRobo?

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #2,486 of 8,152

its better. to my ears its a little box of magic, a very detailed and 3d holographic experience . I cannot enthuse enough about it. much more so than the Colorfly, which I often thought sounded a bit thin even with amp added. the Sansa Clips sound a little congested to my ears these days.

I have just spent several months listening to the Pink Floyd Early Years box set and I am going to have to listen to it all over again because I am hearing details that were only hinted at before. guitars sound amazing on this thing.

RE: Originally Posted by Sulbh 

How is it compare to sandisk sansa or colorfly c3?
-

Which music player are you guys talking about?

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #2,489 of 8,152

Users who are viewing this thread

Back