Obscure Chinese DAPs
Feb 2, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,238 of 8,143
I have to say I love my C3 also but I also have to say for $27 you can't beat the SQ of the Walnut, I have units I've paid 3/4 times as much for that don't sound as good
wink_face.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #2,242 of 8,143
I just received my Benjie X1. It uses the same firmware as the K9. Touch controls are very responsive and easy to use. Volume keys work when the screen is off which is a great improvement. Also the screen can be turned off by pressing the power button.

Physically the X1 is about 1 mm shorter and 1 mm thicker. It also has very straight edges and sharp corners where the K9 has rounded and smooth edges.

So far it seems they sound identical but will do some proper A/B later on. Currently am giving it a full charge so I can test battery life.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #2,246 of 8,143
And I've had Aigo Z6 for a few days now.

cant wait for review.

quick question, product listing on Aliexpress emphasizes this player's direct DSD decoding capability, does that NXP processor to DAC set up give any benefit to MP3/FLAC/WAV playback?

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #2,248 of 8,143
Ok, here are a few facts I am sure of: :smiley:

-build quality: very good, it is a solid piece of equipment, looks and feels sturdy, good-quality physical buttons and a phone jack

- as for compressed formats,it plays only mp3 files at the moment

- UI and menu, nothing extraordinary frankly speaking, it is not very complex, it is just ok for a daily use, there is a EQ with some presets and custom settings (however you can use EQ only with mp3 files), the good thing is the producer releases firmware updated regularly about once a month

- usb dac works without any problem

- it has a lot of juice, the maximum volume level is 160 and I rarely go beyond 110, the progression of volume is very smooth and you can set it exactly as you wish

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #2,249 of 8,143
Does walnut has better sound than colorfly c3 for you?

Since I'm such a vinyl head the Walnut is one of the most analog sounding DAP's I've heard and it just has a very warm sound but still has ambience
bigsmile_face.gif

Do you mind if I ask what are those wooden iems??

You may and like this photo shows VJJB K4 to the left and Js M200's to the right
wink_face.gif

The M200's are nice not very bassy but the K4's eat their lunch, at least for my ears!
  Podster, What tube amp is that? Looks good!

Jolida FX-10, recently got a new Yaqin MS-30L for my Klipsch LaScala rig at home and the Jolida moved to my office and the old and beloved Qinpu A3 has (actually in the process) moved on to a fellow Head-Fier who was promised and patiently waited on my turtle azz
rolleyes.gif
LOL

beerchug.gif
guys and have an awesome weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back