Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
May 13, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #7,486 of 7,513
So just to stoke the campfire here a bit on Oblivion island. I've been listening for a good week now, and definitely it is a testament to how resolving and transparent this amp is. It's soooooo good......that I can hear the grayness / gray background and midrange haze on my Gumby. I mean I can't unhear this now! Such a crazy business this synergy is!

Not only is Oblivion revealing but it is a real looker. :relaxed:

IMG_4585.jpg

May 14, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #7,489 of 7,513
My cat also confirm this one is indeed a great Amplifier

20240506_004007.jpg
The expression on your cat is pure gold

I think he is indeed pleased with your amp

May 23, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #7,495 of 7,513
Like myself, I'm sure you'll never sell your Telemachus.
Mine still amazes and I haven't even got around to treating it to elite 300b tubes yet.

Likewise I will never sell Odyssey and Oblivion ........... and Telemachus because I never received Telemachus. :beyersmile:

May 24, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #7,496 of 7,513
Likewise I will never sell Odyssey and Oblivion ........... and Telemachus because I never received Telemachus. :beyersmile:
Such an unfortunate state of affairs for people like yourself who lost out, but tempered by the love and respect we had for Tomas.
I often wonder what happened to the beautiful Tele Tomas built for himself and if it's being put to good use :thinking:

May 24, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #7,497 of 7,513
Like myself, I'm sure you'll never sell your Telemachus.
Mine still amazes and I haven't even got around to treating it to elite 300b tubes yet.

Same here... Waiting for the day I actually run Elrog 300Bs.

Quite content with the current set of tubes I have though.

May 26, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #7,499 of 7,513
Started tube rolling again on Odyssey. Bought 2 pairs of GEC 807 - ATS25 and VT60. Or rather they were birthday presents. Have GEC 807 ATS25 in there now and it sounds incredible. Odyssey's bass is very strong and sounds really good. Drivers are Telefunken EL11 and using Woo Audio 596 rectifier.

Odyssey looks and sound as breathtaking as when I first saw and heard it. Tomas's first venture into old school amp since he started Ultrasonic Studio and I have to say it's a success story.

IMG_9377.jpg

May 26, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #7,500 of 7,513
Such an unfortunate state of affairs for people like yourself who lost out, but tempered by the love and respect we had for Tomas.
I often wonder what happened to the beautiful Tele Tomas built for himself and if it's being put to good use :thinking:

There were nights where I dreamed that Telemachus turned up at my doorstep. Odyssey greeting his son Telemachus. What a sight that would be. It's a wishful dream only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back