Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Feb 8, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #7,456 of 7,478
Is Bendix 6384 a direct, drop-in compatible replacement for 6L6GC? If so, tempting to consider a pair as powers for UltimatE but man, those prices!!!
It has the same pin out as the 6ar6 and I have the adapters for those already. In theory they can take more voltage that the 6ar6 but I have seen differing takes on that, at least in triode. They have the reputation for being “unkillable” in guitar amps for what that’s worth.

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #7,457 of 7,478
Tomas 1st anniversary of your departure. Your amp will go on.

IMG_8125.jpeg

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #7,458 of 7,478
Just purchased the ModHouse Tungsten Double Sided.

Seeing my Odyssey was made for hard to drive planars, I hope this will be a great match.

At 155 ohm and 78 dB/mW average, I will put the impedance matcher put to test :)

Thomas had told me this was 13-14 W into 8, 32 and 128 ohm respectively.

Will keep you updated, but it will be a long wait!

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #7,459 of 7,478
I plugged in an AKG K1000 (120 Ohm, 74db/mW) in my Citadel and drove it with ease. Thomas was brilliant!

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #7,461 of 7,478

Seeing my Odyssey was made for hard to drive planars, I hope this will be a great match.

At 155 ohm and 78 dB/mW average, I will put the impedance matcher put to test :)

He was indeed.

I have the HEDDphone (OG or V1 now) that is technically quite high achieving.

But it is the HE-6 SE that truly pushes the correct buttons for me on this amp... Maybe due to fondness - how amazing Thomas was as we discussed about it, while the amp was being conceived in our brains...

This Tungsten seems to have similar drivability characteristics, I hope it exceeds those feelings. I remember @UntilThen telling me the LCD-4 sounded quite well on his amp, this was compared similarly by some. It has the higher resistance on its part.

I need to get to buy those EML 5U4Gs, the amp deserves them.

Maybe will be upgrading the chain, who knows. With having a kid and work, I only occasionally find time to properly immerse.

Mar 31, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #7,462 of 7,478
This Tungsten seems to have similar drivability characteristics, I hope it exceeds those feelings. I remember @UntilThen telling me the LCD-4 sounded quite well on his amp, this was compared similarly by some. It has the higher resistance on its part.

I have been using Susvara for a year and a half with Odyssey now. One of the criteria for Odyssey is that it be able to drive Susvara. That's what I told Tomas. It did of course.

Mar 31, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #7,463 of 7,478

Ordered the DS version Tungsten in late Dec batch as well, will try to pair it with Oblivion and Soekris 2541.
Wish I can get the Tungsten in 1-2 months!

Apr 7, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #7,468 of 7,478
Odyssey instruction manual. I tend to forget after a while because there are a few switches. :)

Even have Ultralinear mode but I seldom use it.

Attachments

• Instructions_Odyssey.pdf
    431.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #7,469 of 7,478
Odyssey instruction manual. I tend to forget after a while because there are a few switches. :)

Even have Ultralinear mode but I seldom use it.
Didn't realize he made another amp with Ultralinear. I find that it cleans up the sound. I get more detail and air. It's even odds as to whether or not I like it more than triode mode on any given night though:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back