Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Mar 7, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #1,396 of 7,478
Wow so many posts here and everywhere to catch up from the 2 days of moving and unpacking. Finally it is set up. My music room is ready. Almost... need some nice framed Monet pictures.

Abbey Road Studios

Congrats, your room looks incredible! There are several things I like in your picture:
1. KT66 on your TU-8200 amp
2. Acer Predator monitor -> I have the same but lower resolution 2560x1440 G-Sync
3. Your gaming rig -> did not knew you are a gamer
4. Chair -> a kind of Game of Thrones one
5. your racks (nothing anti-feminism here, just those 2... )

Mar 7, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #1,397 of 7,478
@Monsterzero what's so inconvenient about this? and it is Odyssey !!!

fz1116wdlx_02.jpg

Mar 7, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #1,398 of 7,478
Congrats, your room looks incredible! There are several things I like in your picture:
1. KT66 on your TU-8200 amp
2. Acer Predator monitor -> I have the same but lower resolution 2560x1440 G-Sync
3. Your gaming rig -> did not knew you are a gamer
4. Chair -> a kind of Game of Thrones one
5. your racks (nothing anti-feminism here, just those 2... )
Thank you ! :xf_cool: The bedroom looks better but I won't be sharing that !

I was 2020 World gaming champion of just about every games. Sold off the Studio Six for that rig and Predator. Every time I use the PC I hear Studio Six singing. Not done yet. I've to get matching Corsair keyboard and mouse.

Wonder if I should ask Tomas to put some RGB on Odyssey....

Mar 7, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #1,399 of 7,478
Wonder if I should ask Tomas to put some RGB on Odyssey....

Sorry to disappoint you, I am more old school and I hate RGB. I think the gaming world went wrong nowadays and kids just enjoy lightning. I have turned off all my RGB and still use a "full metal" Fractal Design case. However I still enjoy a Logitech G512 keyboard and my Logitech G900 mouse which still have the lights on. And I am playing Valhalla for one month already.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #1,402 of 7,478
Wow so many posts here and everywhere to catch up from the 2 days of moving and unpacking. Finally it is set up. My music room is ready. Almost... need some nice framed Monet pictures.

Abbey Road Studios
IMG_1997.jpg

Haha.. where's the zebra crossing!

If you get the Poppy fields painting then, not only will your music collection be identical to mine but also your room decoration lol!

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #1,403 of 7,478
There are people who enjoy the past. Here is a session from two years ago where a 1924 style jazz band band was recorded using a wax cylinder. You can can compare the sound to present day sound. First the session and at 2:40 a snippet of the newly recorded wax cylinder (it's enough to get the idea lol):

Thanks! My musical evening is shaping up nicely!

I don't wish to denigrate the past, what they achieved with the technology at the time was pretty amazing, and that's without computers or transistors and the like!

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #1,404 of 7,478

If you get the Poppy fields painting then, not only will your music collection be identical to mine but also your room decoration lol! .. apart from your rig, mine looks more like make and mend.. It's sitting on a trolley I made at school way back!

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #1,405 of 7,478

Abbey Road Studios
IMG_1997.jpg
Very nice setup, exept for the tower case pimped like a drift car.
The only thing you miss here is a relaxing chair with footrest :wink:
Oblivion is not anymore at the top of the rack, i do not see any space for odyssey...

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #1,406 of 7,478
Oblivion is not anymore at the top of the rack, i do not see any space for odyssey...

Corsair Air Liquid system, most probably G-Skill memory. But that video card with riser and almost no airflow. Ouch. During long gaming sessions I would be curious to know what temps it has. Seems a ROG Strix with some decent 3 slot cooling but I would not put it vertically. Just my 2 cents.

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #1,407 of 7,478

If you get the Poppy fields painting then, not only will your music collection be identical to mine but also your room decoration lol!
Haven't decide on the painting yet. Maybe I have to paint it myself. :relaxed:

Haven't power on Oblivion for a while but tonight is the night. As usual I'm astonished at how good this amp makes my He1000se sound. Elekit TU-8200 is also powered on but on switching over to Oblivion, it's an incredible tone. Oblivion with cheap tubes playing ball with 8200 that has Brimar 12au7 long plates and GEC KT66.

Mar 8, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #1,408 of 7,478

I can't have a relaxing recliner chair because I will fall asleep listening to music. When Odyssey comes, Elekit TU-8500 and TU-8200 will be delegated to the lower shelf. Wa22 will be returned to Sydney home and La Figaro 339i will be sold to a new owner this Sat. Odyssey will sit alongside the turntable. Put Oblivion to the 2nd shelf because I don't need to change tubes. Bifrost 2 will also be returned to Sydney home. Currently Axis Voicebox S speakers are driven by Elekit TU-8200 but that duty will fall on Odyssey when she comes.

It hadn't occurred to me but when I was putting at the green on the golf course this afternoon, I noticed that my putter is the Hot Shot Odyssey putter. This name is now following me around in all that I do.

Corsair Air Liquid system, most probably G-Skill memory. But that video card with riser and almost no airflow. Ouch. During long gaming sessions I would be curious to know what temps it has. Seems a ROG Strix with some decent 3 slot cooling but I would not put it vertically. Just my 2 cents.

Corsair iCUE H115i liquid cooling. NZXT h710i black case, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3x 8g on riser. No problem with cooling but I might have it mounted horizontally without the riser. Ryzen 7 3800x, Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 32gb ( 4 x 8gb) chose this for more colored display. :) Gigabyte Aorus NVME Gen4 1tb M.2, Crucial2 500gb 3D NAND NVMe M.2, Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1tb, NZXT AER RGB 3 x 120mm fans, Deepcool dq850 850w power supply.

Got this rig just before NVIDIA announced the RTX 3080.. but 2070 super is fast enough for me. It's surprisingly very quiet. The GPU fans don't spin unless needed to. :)

This is the system.
IMG_2005.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #1,409 of 7,478
Corsair iCUE H115i liquid cooling. NZXT h710i black case, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3x 8g on riser. No problem with cooling but I might have it mounted horizontally without the riser. Ryzen 7 3800x, Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 32gb ( 4 x 8gb) chose this for more colored display. :) Gigabyte Aorus NVME Gen4 1tb M.2, Crucial2 500gb 3D NAND NVMe M.2, Seagate, Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1tb, NZXT AER RGB 3 x 120mm fans, Deepcool dq850 850w power supply.

Got this rig just before NVIDIA announced the the RTX 3080.. but 2070 super is fast enough for me. It's surprisingly very quiet. The GPU fans don't spin unless needed to. :)

This is the system.
IMG_2005.jpg

Nice choice of components. I like it and it is close to what I use. But I have 3900X and 1080ti. I was planning an upgrade to Ampere but then found that an RTX3080 costs much more than I would pay for because of the mining crysis. Anyway, I was able to play decently Cyberpunk 2077 and now Valhalla at 2K with G-Sync. And I keep only 2 sticks of RAM because if I put all 4 I have problems with RAM overlocking. Let's hope thing will work better when I'll upgrade to 5000 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back