Objectivists board room
Jul 31, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #3,826 of 4,545
Aug 4, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #3,827 of 4,545
Up for grabs! Who will be the ultimate victor?!

soundsciencebelt.jpg

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #3,829 of 4,545
Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #3,832 of 4,545
Up for grabs! Who will be the ultimate victor?!

soundsciencebelt.jpg

you made me think about Mayweather vs McGregor and now I'm mad in front of my screens over something that didn't even happen yet. the last farce match against Pacquiao showing that someone could run away for his life the all match and be called champion at the end was, I hoped, the last nail for the boxing coffin. and now this with a guy who isn't even a boxer(he could kill me with his ear, but still). boxing what are you doing, boxing stahp!!!
box is dead, welcome to showbiz. I expect choreography and the chairs flying like in WWE in the next year. modern boxing is born.

ps: don't be too surprise if that little joke ends up moderated at some point. you know, personal attacks and stuff.

Aug 4, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #3,833 of 4,545
No insults. We need to choose our king!

Aug 12, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #3,834 of 4,545
Found a troll message waiting in my inbox when I randomly logged into a site I haven't visited in a very long time.

Seems like someone was very upset I visited SS on Head-Fi and was able to identify me on that site. When's the last time I posted there? A few months ago? A year?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #3,835 of 4,545
to appropriate, Norm Macdonald's quote: even in today's enlightened society there remains a stigma to being a psycho sexual sadist poster in the sound science section.
6GJWk.gif

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #3,836 of 4,545
I'm developing cluster headaches reading through some of the threads. The usual silliness never stops.
  1. My new xxx cable has tamed my headphones.
  2. That SS Amp is too bright.
  3. That set of $300 tubes have fixed the sound of my headphones. I never ran across a pair of headphones with tube sockets, have any of you?
  4. Magic DACs
  5. Magic Interconnects
.... and the beat goes on and on........
Thankfully, lately, I haven't run across much chatter about jitter or about power supplies with endless banks of capacitors. If you've seen any, please do not tell me about it.

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #3,837 of 4,545
Okie, I won't tell you. I'll tell everyone else~

Read a review/comment about how you need to burn in a certain amp to warm up the capacitors because it really makes a difference and blah blah blah it's the best value giant killer that beats amps 5 times it's price, etc.

Looks at front page of said amp's website and how the company boasts it uses a superior design with no caps for clean sound...

*Face palms*

And this amp isn't even that "clean" to begin with, noisy AF. May the hiss god grant it damnation!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #3,838 of 4,545
Okie, I won't tell you. I'll tell everyone else~

Read a review/comment about how you need to burn in a certain amp to warm up the capacitors because it really makes a difference and blah blah blah it's the best value giant killer that beats amps 5 times it's price, etc.

Looks at front page of the amp's website and how they boast it uses a superior design with no caps for clean sound...

*Face palms*

And this amp isn't even that "clean" to begin with, noisy AF. May the hiss god grant it damnation!
Excluding the power supply (filtering) and bypass capacitors. Having a DC coupled signal path, end to end, is not necessarily a bad thing. Another plus is you don't have to warm up those capacitors (sheesh).

Aug 19, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #3,839 of 4,545
I don't seem to see as much talk of transducer burn in these days. That could be because I've shifted my interest to the HD 600 thread, which is a headphone that generally doesn't have any nasty aspects (e.g. bloated bass, harsh treble, wonky midrange) that new owners would be desperate to see ironed out. I've noticed that trebly headphones are the ones that always seem to attract the burn in recommendations measuring in the hundreds of hours--they also tend to be the ones people want to play amp-o-rama with. Anything to convince oneself that the headphone you don't like can become the headphone you do; all you need to do is throw more money at the problem.

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #3,840 of 4,545
I don't seem to see as much talk of transducer burn in these days. That could be because I've shifted my interest to the HD 600 thread, which is a headphone that generally doesn't have any nasty aspects (e.g. bloated bass, harsh treble, wonky midrange) that new owners would be desperate to see ironed out. I've noticed that trebly headphones are the ones that always seem to attract the burn in recommendations measuring in the hundreds of hours--they also tend to be the ones people want to play amp-o-rama with. Anything to convince oneself that the headphone you don't like can become the headphone you do; all you need to do is throw more money at the problem.
Some members talk about their sensitivity to a 4-5 KHz peak. Then again their views on Amps, Tubes and DACs probably wouldn't float well in this thread or forum. I've long given up on explaining the science behind what I would call their misconceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back