Objective2 Mini-Review and Discussion
Sep 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #376 of 389
This was my first headphone amp purchase, for use with HD-600s.  The amp is very easy to use and really requires no thought/effort.  My only complaint is to make the the power and increased feedback buttons more distinguishable, e.g. different colors or something.

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #377 of 389
  In Europe, headnhifi might be a better source for PCBs and parts:
http://www.headnhifi.com/

100% ACK.

And for those who don't want to diy: Head'n'HiFi is also selling ready-to-use O2 amps.

I ordered an O2 in the beginning of this year at Head'n'HiFI and I am still satisfied.

----
edit: typo corrected

Dec 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #378 of 389

100% ACK.

And for those who don't want to diy: Head'n'HiFi is also selling ready-to-use O2 amps.

I ordered an O2 in the beginning of this year at Head'n'HiFI and I am still satisfied.

----
edit: typo corrected

Same for me. Very satisfied with the combo O2+ODAC.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to listen to Bryston BHA-1 on my rig.
Using PC -> Foobar with WASABI -> ODAC -> O2 or Bryston -> HD800 or LCD-X and as expected I was not able to hear any differences between O2 and Bryston.
So I asked my wife and a friend of mine who is for sure a hifi highend nerd and they were not able to hear a difference as well !

So the question is, is there really a difference between two neutral amps without any special sounding in terms of stage, resolving etc.
Because there is a huge difference in price but not in sound
wink.gif
. Sure when you use a tube amp there will be a difference due to the warm sound of the tube.

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #379 of 389

Sure when you use a tube amp there will be a difference due to the warm sound of the tube.

Personally, I am a friend of tube amps --> but only in tube radios of the 50ties and 60ties.
smily_headphones1.gif

For my headphones I prefer transistor amps.

By the way: Is the tube amp sound really "warm" because the tubes are getting warm/hot and are glowing?
wink.gif

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #380 of 389
My Favorite combo for O2.

DX50 > O2 > Beyer T1.

I have owned different amps and so far I keep going back to O2. Amazing amp for the price. I just hope it could have been done smaller.

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #381 of 389
Thought I'd try asking my question in this thread since it looks to be the most recent O2 discussion.  Could somebody please advise which gain settings I should request on the O2 if I plan to use it in combination with an Astro Mixamp for surround effect?  The Mixamp is USB powered and I've read reference to it being rated at 1.6V max (70mW @ 32ohm), although I will lower its volume to around 50% to avoid excess hiss and noise.  I plan on using either Q701 or K712.  Thanks!  

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #382 of 389
So what's the go here, ive heard allot of times now that this simple little cheap as chips amp/dac is stomping all over stuff 3-4 times its price? Is all this expensive stuff just allot of hogwash and marketing? looks like it to me.

If you do a search on youtube it gets put up against the woo fireflies which is a tube amp 4 times the price and eats it for breakfast, forcing the big expensive tube amp to be relegated to the dudes nitestand for listening to in bed and the objective amp/dac moved into the main rig.

I think there's allot to be said for that

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #383 of 389
  So what's the go here, ive heard allot of times now that this simple little cheap as chips amp/dac is stomping all over stuff 3-4 times its price? Is all this expensive stuff just allot of hogwash and marketing? looks like it to me.

If you do a search on youtube it gets put up against the woo fireflies which is a tube amp 4 times the price and eats it for breakfast, forcing the big expensive tube amp to be relegated to the dudes nitestand for listening to in bed and the objective amp/dac moved into the main rig.

I think there's allot to be said for that

Never the less, the Woo product is infinitely more aesthetically pleasing.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #384 of 389

Never the less, the Woo product is infinitely more aesthetically pleasing.

But is this worth 3 or 4 times the price of a O2+ODAC combo ? I don't think so
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #385 of 389
I can't find my power adapter for my JDS Labs O2 (Objective 2) headphone amplifier.
So i might need to order a new adapter.
Where can I get one for the best price?
Or does anyone know the specs of the adapter so I can search for the adapter myself? 

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #386 of 389
I've ordered an objective 2 amp from epiphany and currently waiting for it patienly to arrive :wink: 

I was wondering , if i made the right choise not ordering the odac as well . Is that big of a difference ? I do have a dac that i can use ELE EL-D01 which is cheap but sound great so would that be a good combo ? Or is needed at all a dac when using the O2 amp?

Feb 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #387 of 389
Hi guys, i'm new and i got some questions. Who have a good gaming motherboard with shield iem protection,ALC1150 codecs and can compare to his o2+odac combo setup objectivly?
Does it sound really better? Have a nice day :) (quote my post for better sav :D)

edit:
  Back to an other question: Lots of people compare high end soundcard like the STX II vs the ODAC+O2. In the end, i think the DAC are basicaly the same quality.
But the integrated amp of the STX is not very good. Good for some headphone but bad for low impedance ones if i'm not mistaken. And people just say over it "drivers sucks and even with protections, it's still in a "dangerous" place and can not stop every parasites.

But if the STX II which does have better specs than the ALC1150 is the "same" in regard of the DAC, i do think (logicaly) that's the ODAC is better than the ALC1150..(??).

And an other thing bother me a lot, i'm sorry for not knowing so much on this subject, but an integrated codecs and a sound card does have a SNB value.
A very "marketed" value. The best integrated onboard is at this optimal performance "115db SNR" and for the soundcard it's never more than 124 if i'm not mistaken.
But this value... i don't see it on the ODAC or Schiit equivalent dac product? WHERE is the "Signal-to-noise ratio" of a DAC? is it the equivalent of the "Dynamic Range (A-Weighted)" you can find on odac specs? but the ODAC revb is "> 112 dB" so it's inferior to an optimal integrated onboard dac and it's even more the same for the soundcard

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #389 of 389
I can't find my power adapter for my JDS Labs O2 (Objective 2) headphone amplifier.
So i might need to order a new adapter.
Where can I get one for the best price?
Or does anyone know the specs of the adapter so I can search for the adapter myself?
The one that came with mine is model : GPB411500500WA00 (uk plug)
Pri - 230v AC 50HZ
SEC- 15v AC 500mA.
Just remember to check it’s an AC TO AC ADAPTOR . it won’t charge with an ac to dc adaptor .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back