Objective 2 (and O2+ODAC) Impressions Thread
May 9, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #46 of 92

Please post a picture; I think there's confusion from both sides.

Your question was answered in post #40. It's only necessary to reduce volume when ODAC is connected to multiple loads. Your external amp is a secondary load if O2 is not bypassed. The DAC is able to produce clean audio at 2VRMS when connected to a single amp. Its internal charge pump struggles under lower impedance loads (paralleled outputs), so DAC output voltage must be reduced to achieve clean output. This is easily accomplished by reducing PC volume.

And thank you again for your quick replies and also for making such an awesome little package. I love this thing!

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #47 of 92
Hey guys is there any benefit to building my own? I just priced everything out and i can get one for about $120 caandian qith the case and all but without batteries for just the o2....i can buy one pre assembled for $180. This is hardly worth buulong my own but is there a qualitiy benefit from following the guide to.getting jds labs to build it for me? The only difference i can see is the use of quick change resisters for the gain in the one i would build myself...is this about right? Quality of components wit jds labs will be the same as what i buy grom digjkey or mouser?

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #49 of 92
Ended up just getting the o2 since i wanted the battery option...currently using my fiio q1 as the dac. Compared to the q1 alone im finding the o2 a bit more nuetral with hd598s and slightly more detailed with a more forward midrange...which i quite enjoy. Its not exactly a night and day differnece since the 598s are not hard to drive though. My only complaint on the o2 is a lack of bass boost like the q1 has, but its not a deal breaker since its very balanced and im not a basshead. So far... very happy with the setup, i could only think that getting the odac for the dac could be better than the q1 but i highly doubt i will hear a differnece with my current headphones. I like this setup because i can use the q1 also for portable use with my fiio x1. Addiitonally in bed i can use the o2 plugged into my x1. I ordered from mayflower elctornics but there was a delay of a few days....becauae ofnthat they upgraded front power to rear, very happy about this. Mayflower really knows customer service. The total cost of the 02 was about $235 cad (incldding customs fees) which is a hard bullet to bite considering shipped its $150 usd. Its unfortuate the usd is over inflated and the stock market is propped up on toothpicks right now.

Feb 27, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #50 of 92
Hi guys, i'm new and i got some questions. Who have a good motherboard with shield iem protection,ALC1150  and can compare to his o2 combo setup objectivly?
Does it sound really better? Have a nice day :) (quote my post for better sav :D)

edit:

Back to an other question: Lots of people compare high end soundcard like the STX II vs the ODAC+O2. In the end, i think the DAC are basicaly the same quality.
But the integrated amp of the STX is not very good. Good for some headphone but bad for low impedance ones if i'm not mistaken. And people just say over it "drivers sucks and even with protections, it's still in a "dangerous" place and can not stop every parasites.

But if the STX II which does have better specs than the ALC1150 is the "same" in regard of the DAC, i do think (logicaly) that's the ODAC is better than the ALC1150..(??).

And an other thing bother me a lot, i'm sorry for not knowing so much on this subject, but an integrated codecs and a sound card does have a SNB value.
A very "marketed" value. The best integrated onboard is at this optimal performance "115db SNR" and for the soundcard it's never more than 124 if i'm not mistaken.
But this value... i don't see it on the ODAC or Schiit equivalent dac product? WHERE is the "Signal-to-noise ratio" of a DAC? is it the equivalent of the "Dynamic Range (A-Weighted)" you can find on odac specs? but the ODAC revb is "> 112 dB" so it's inferior to an optimal integrated onboard dac and it's even more the same for the soundcard

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #51 of 92
hi, I just brought the jds labs o2 odac combo.. even though the revb is around i din know how good it would be.. neways.. my question is that will 12v 1a vac be sufficient for it to work.. i did read a few posts here.. just a lil scared to do it.. i don wana blow it up.. i live in bahrain.. secondly i had to post here since jds dosnt want to reply to emails.. and i felt like they wanted to promote their revb version.. so they could make more money over cheap parts.. sorry if u felt bad.. i felt bad too..

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #52 of 92
harish-nair: It's best to use the 15VAC adapter included with Objective2+ODAC. This transformer is custom made for optimal performance. A true 12VAC adapter is insufficient.

Also, have you checked your spam folder? We respond to all emails, so perhaps the message was flagged as spam.

Enjoy!

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #53 of 92
I am not sure if it will be included.. i still yet have to receive the purchase.. https://www.ubuy.com.bh/en/jdslabs-objective2-odac-combo-headphone-amp-by-nwavguy-model.html?sku=B00EJ9405O thats the link to the product i brought it from.. appreciate you replying.. dint find anything in spam..

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #54 of 92
I am not sure if it will be included.. i still yet have to receive the purchase.. https://www.ubuy.com.bh/en/jdslabs-objective2-odac-combo-headphone-amp-by-nwavguy-model.html?sku=B00EJ9405O thats the link to the product i brought it from.. appreciate you replying.. dint find anything in spam..

Hm, I do not recognize that vendor. Those photos were taken by one of our retailers, BuyJapan, several years ago. You should contact the retailer for clarification. BuyJapan ships a 100VAC-to-15VAC adapter for use in Japan only.

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #55 of 92
wow.. Well its on amazon us too.. the same product http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EJ9405O/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1461514235&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=odac&dpPl=1&dpID=51tjNA8WgGL&ref=plSrch

well i still would need an adapter.. so will a 16vac 4.5a be sufficient???

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #56 of 92
wow.. Well its on amazon us too.. the same product http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EJ9405O/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1461514235&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=odac&dpPl=1&dpID=51tjNA8WgGL&ref=plSrch

well i still would need an adapter.. so will a 16vac 4.5a be sufficient???

Correct, power adapters are not provided from these vendors.

Yes, a 16VAC adapter >= 500mA will work well.

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #57 of 92
well i cant find a .5a adapter yet.. the one i found is a variable adapter which goes from 14v to 24v at a step of 2v.. the ampere cannot be adjusted from 4.5a.. its constant at 4.5a.. will this be ok??

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #58 of 92
well i cant find a .5a adapter yet.. the one i found is a variable adapter which goes from 14v to 24v at a step of 2v.. the ampere cannot be adjusted from 4.5a.. its constant at 4.5a.. will this be ok??

Yes, any 500mA or higher power adapter is suitable. By the way, the power adapter is free when ordering directly from jdslabs.com!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back