Obessive Portaphile Disorder
Oct 28, 2003 at 3:43 AM Post #46 of 59
tbdoah,
I'm glad that someone here know the value of this unit. The gorgeous backlit LCD is so cool at night. You can see it from my avatar. The sound quality on the 323 is so great that I can't make peace w/ other portable. I have the iPod and many other portables, all are inferior sounding to the headphone out of SS323. SS323 also sound excellent with Sony MDR-E888, E484, and CD3000.

Purk

Oct 28, 2003 at 3:44 AM Post #47 of 59
Excuse my ignorance but is that a cassete walkman, or something, DAT walkman??

confused.gif

Oct 28, 2003 at 11:07 AM Post #50 of 59
tbdoah ,

Do you know anyone who own the SS323? Where did u hear great thing about the SS323 except from me? T-board?

Purk

Oct 28, 2003 at 8:26 PM Post #51 of 59
A little from you, but my friend Nick's dad is somewhat a stealth recorder. He has both the MT831 and SS323. I snagged a listen on the 323 when I was over at his house one day, and was blown away by the headphone output (through my etys). That led to my wanting of an MT831, which sounded pretty close to the 323.

I asked his dad if he wanted it still, and well, the only response was a cracked smile.

Oct 29, 2003 at 3:33 PM Post #52 of 59
Quote:

A little from you, but my friend Nick's dad is somewhat a stealth recorder. He has both the MT831 and SS323. I snagged a listen on the 323 when I was over at his house one day, and was blown away by the headphone output (through my etys). That led to my wanting of an MT831, which sounded pretty close to the 323.

I asked his dad if he wanted it still, and well, the only response was a cracked smile.

Just to kick it up a notch!! The other SS323 is in total mint condition. It is my back up unit.
biggrin.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

May 30, 2004 at 6:44 AM Post #54 of 59
May 31, 2004 at 9:20 AM Post #56 of 59
i think its fair to say i qualify for this disease but at least it only hurts my wallet and personal time. haven't met anyone yet whose bought more HD-DAPs than me. the worst part is that they depreciate in value so I can't even justify them as an investment or anthing.

mostly i'm just a big kid who likes to play with big kid toys. i have enough expendable income to feed my addiction. money's no good when I'm dead so i might as well enjoy myself
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #57 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
money's no good when I'm dead so i might as well enjoy myself

Very, very true. Life's short, enjoy it while you can. That being said, I have little to no income, as such, I do burst purchasing when I do have money. Such is why I bought a D-33 and AZ6832/17 at once. Or why I bought 5 CDs in one go. Granted, on a completely different price level than DAPs, but hey, 'tis something for a teenager
biggrin.gif

As for the PS2 bit, Duncan, I'm going to be the proud owner of an XBox soon. You know Mountain Dew's DewU promotion? Ever wonder how people on eBay are selling thousands of caps? Hint: they didn't drink that much Dew. Dumpster diving and trash picking is a wonderful thing...
very_evil_smiley.gif
Currently up to around 200 caps, I think, with another 150 or so waiting to be entered. They have a stupid 30-cap-a-day limit now, though, which sucks. They learned from Pepsi Points, I think. No limit on that, and some of the caps were worth 5 or 10 points, to boot. We got a ton of stuff from that one.

Anyhoo, I plan on modding mine. 120GB drive + modchip + $30 for unlimited game rentals over the summer from Blockbuster = an XBox full of games...

(-:Stephonovich:)

Jun 3, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #58 of 59
pappucho,

What kind of amp do you run all those portas with to power your HD-600's? Is a cmoy enough?

Jun 3, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #59 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by ratdog
pappucho,

What kind of amp do you run all those portas with to power your HD-600's? Is a cmoy enough?

Honestly, I haven't had much time in the last year to spend with any of my portables. Despite this, i still find the time to add to my collection, even if it's one piece at a time.
biggrin.gif
(like that SS323 I just picked up) When I do get the chance, I use my maxed out Cmoy which is similar in construction to a Mint, although my little amp doesn't use Jung's Multi Loop Topology. I will soon change it though, seeing it's only 2 resistors more per channel to get to be multi loop. I'm also working on a micro PPA/Pimeta amp (3 channel) that's in the same case as my Cmoy and uses Jung's multi-loop topology, buffers, 3 channels and a buffered power supply. I'm on the second prototype now after finding the first prototype had high dc offset in the ground channel.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back