Obessive Portaphile Disorder
Oct 26, 2003 at 7:51 AM Post #16 of 59
Yes, I believe there is a cure...

For me, it was buying a PS2... I've got really hooked on it (you've probably noted that my post count has slumped
wink.gif
)... so, no thoughts of portable audio...

...I'm going to do the one final update, with Muzikks D303 which I think pretty much rounds up the collection... and then thats it
biggrin.gif

....I hope...

Oct 26, 2003 at 7:58 AM Post #17 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Yes, I believe there is a cure...

For me, it was buying a PS2... I've got really hooked on it (you've probably noted that my post count has slumped
wink.gif
)... so, no thoughts of portable audio...

...I'm going to do the one final update, with Muzikks D303 which I think pretty much rounds up the collection... and then thats it
biggrin.gif

....I hope...

Looking forward to the D-303 update, especially the D-33 update since it's really the best of what I've heard and I'd like to know how it stacks up to the rest of the players you've reviewed.

So is PS2 less expensive than being a portaphile if not less addicting?
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2003 at 2:07 PM Post #18 of 59
Is anyone worried about all these aging players breaking down over time?

I had a venerable JVC from 91, and it stopped working about 5 years ago. Haven't found anyone who's willing to repair for a reasonable price.

In a couple of more years, I would think it'll be hard to find replacement parts.

Now headphones is a different story, they can potentially last a lifetime
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2003 at 3:29 PM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
So is PS2 less expensive than being a portaphile if not less addicting?
biggrin.gif

lol... no, its more expensive...
frown.gif

Nevermind... at least its giving my thumbs excercise, there is a plus there somewhere
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2003 at 9:21 PM Post #21 of 59
mmmm.....Boodo Khan.....

I listened to one of those at a Navy Exchange back around '87 or so. Nice stuff. Of course $200 for it back then was insane.

Oct 27, 2003 at 3:50 AM Post #23 of 59
My wallet must have a hole in it because I keep buying PCDP's on ebay. Once I get to hear a bunch of 'em maybe I'll narrow the collection down. Just bought a nice D-E905 on ebay.

Oct 27, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #24 of 59
that was you?

i was so ready to snipe 200 too but i kept telling myself. "home theatre, home theatre". (i'm planning on dropping some serious money on a receiver and some speakers in the near future)

Oct 27, 2003 at 4:10 AM Post #25 of 59
You know what, that auction went for a hell of a lot less than I thought it was going to. $200 for an NIB D-E905? I've always seen them go for more. Nice score, Canman.

Oct 27, 2003 at 5:53 AM Post #29 of 59
Just got in from a CPA exam cram course! 1.5 weeks away to my CPA exam, I probably won't be in here in all that time. Wish me luck....

Congrats Canman on that E905, it sold for alot less than I had anticipated. It looks like I missed out on a few other goodies this weekend on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=48679&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=19636&rd=1

It's good to see that Im not the only one who is still a portaphile. Apparently it's a good time to still be addicted to this hobby. I am getting my first DZ555 this week. I still need to finish out the collection, a E905, D777, and a D303.

Oct 27, 2003 at 5:58 AM Post #30 of 59
*cries* That D-555 was MINE, mine I tell you...I was winning with 47 seconds left but with this blasted 56k connection...

*will be doing all his sniping on campus from now on*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back