O2 AMP + ODAC
Jan 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #650 of 5,671
^^^^ Amen
ph34r.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #652 of 5,671
Hey,

Has someone from Canada ordered the O2 from JDSlabs (i'm sure somebody did)?

Were there any extras taxes/duties that you had to pay? I emailed the Jdslabs and they responded nobody complained about the extra fees from Canada? Is that true? Thanks. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #654 of 5,671
OK, seriously, no joke here.

I have the O2/ODAC plugged-in to my Retina MacBook Pro, only Finder, Activity Monitor, Skype (text chat, no video chat), and Firefox with 1 tab (Head-fi) are open and I can hear the radio. Seriously this is really scaring me. I turned on the O2's gain switch to make sure I wasn't hearing things. It's playing the 106.9 radio station (I know the radio station pretty well). They just finished playing a Nickelback song and now they're playing Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours".

I am genuinely confused and scared at the same time. What in the heck is going on? D:

The radio music is louder when I put the ODAC on top of the O2. Retina MacBook Pro -> ODAC (via provided JDS Labs USB cable) -> O2 (via RCA connectors) -> any headphone I use -> my head and I hear the radio station
*this isn't the first time this has happened either; the first time it happened I just ignored it*

What the hay? If I unplug the O2's DC power source, I no longer hear the radio station.

confused_face_2.gif

And "popping" with the O2/ODAC might be due to the computer. I plugged the combo in to a Dell desktop computer at my school and had no "popping" issues. I get the "popping" sound when I plug in/out the combo when I use my Retina MacBook Pro though.

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #655 of 5,671
Quote:
Hey,

Has someone from Canada ordered the O2 from JDSlabs (i'm sure somebody did)?

Were there any extras taxes/duties that you had to pay? I emailed the Jdslabs and they responded nobody complained about the extra fees from Canada? Is that true? Thanks. 

I got it from JDS. No extra fees. Great service.

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #658 of 5,671

First Impressions of the O2+ODAC have been posted over at my site, Musical Musings!

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #659 of 5,671
mice,

it sounds like the radio station is getting induced into the ac adapter line.....guessing here....try wrapping the ac adapters power line/cord into a small ball...or a small loop etc...see if this attenuates the radio interference....

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back