O.J. Simpson.
Nov 22, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #46 of 94
Quote:

Simpson was acquitted of murder in 1995 but was later found liable for the killings in a wrongful-death suit filed by the Goldman family. Simpson has failed to pay the $33.5 million judgment against him in that case, and his pensions and his Florida home cannot be seized.

Whatever that means.

Dec 1, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #47 of 94
Reflecting on this thread, I decided that certain pervasive points of view had not been incorporated into the discussion. To that end, I offer this link to commentary on BAW:

Weathersbee's comments on O.J.'s proposed book

The question is not whether people agree or disagree with this POV, but, rather, whether they should be exposed to it.

To the lower right of the piece, the reader will find a siderbar leading to a discussion on the subject. Views expressed there (by BAW members) are sometimes more balanced than Weatherbee's and often less familiar.

A side-topic:

Here is a rather lackluster article about a problem that has existed in America since at least the Harlem Renaissance (and probably a century before):

The article

However, I was far more interested in BAW members' discussion of the article than the article itself. I found the former fascinating, as it constitutes a conversation on which I normally couldn't eavesdrop, let alone, comment thoughtfully:

The discussion

Dec 1, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #48 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regardless of what he did, profiting off of murders is ridiculous and sick.

tell that to Truman Capote.

Feb 18, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #49 of 94
You guys really need to get a life!

Feb 18, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #50 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by JzzMaTzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You revived a thread almost 3 months old to say that?
confused.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #52 of 94
the OJ trial ended over 10 years ago, but you guys are still on his ass. And I'm the one with the burning hole?
blink.gif
Please, there will be plenty of new murder suspects for you guys to concentrate your energies on, just.....let....it......go!

Feb 18, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #53 of 94
Quote:

the OJ trial ended over 10 years ago, but you guys are still on his ass. And I'm the one with the burning hole?
blink.gif
Please, there will be plenty of new murder suspects for you guys to concentrate your energies on, just.....let....it......go!

Wow, so much aggro over such an old thread. Ok, oh wise and learned internet advisor, I'll be sure to heed your advice!
martian.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #54 of 94
Quote:

blink.gif

The book and the attempt to profit from the murders wasn't ten years ago, and the topic was valid and timely as a result. If the topic doesn't interest you, perhaps you can just move on instead of posting in it.

Feb 18, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #55 of 94
Quote:

Judging by the fact you had to scroll through MANY MANY pages to get a thread that is about 3 months old, hen find one that you want to spam on. I'm guessing your life isn't exactly pressing you at the moment lol

Feb 18, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #56 of 94
Quote:

blink.gif

The conversation stemmed from OJ's book controversy which was current when the thread was started so... yeah.

Pretzels don't hurt people.

Feb 19, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #57 of 94
Gotta love it! If holding a grudge against someone whom you've never met makes you happy so be it.

Feb 19, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #58 of 94
Quote:

Gotta love it! If holding a grudge against someone whom you've never met makes you happy so be it.

Pot calling the kettle black? I.e:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JzzMaTzz

Quote:

Originally Posted by JzzMaTzz
the OJ trial ended over 10 years ago, but you guys are still on his ass. And I'm the one with the burning hole? Please, there will be plenty of new murder suspects for you guys to concentrate your energies on, just.....let....it......go!

I mean, you did bump a few-month-old thread just to insult a bunch of people you didn't know.

Feb 19, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #59 of 94
Quote:

I gotta ask, why do you care? Sounds like you are getting pretty worked up over such a non-issue (as you put it) as well. Are you O.J.?

Besides, one does not need to know someone to know they will not like them. Its called judgment, and everyones does it, even those who say to do so is wrong. Kinda like when you said we need to get lives...

Feb 19, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #60 of 94
So tell me guys, why do you hate OJ? And don' t tell me it's because he got away with murder, there are tons of people who've committed crimes but don't seem to have angered a nation for all eternity. Don't get me wrong if he did it then he should be in prison and facing the death penalty but he was tried and found not guilty but, everyone takes it upon themelves to play judge and jury and impose their own brand of justice. Why? And what's really funny is that no one seems to care or mention anything about Mark Furman, the crooked cop who tampered with crime scene evidence and a known racist. Who knows how many innocent people he's put in jail by tampering with evidence. Where is the justice there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back